Patriotism.

Lunar Origins

Are you a patriot to your own country? Or are you a patriot to another? Why are you patriotic, or why are you not? What's real patriotism, anyways? What about extremists? I'm intrigued to see what YCM has to say about this subject.

(If you really know nothing about apart from what you've read or seen in movies about that country, it doesn't count. Not a single bit. I feel that you have to actually experience it in full before saying so.)

I'm not a patriot.

That would imply some Nationalism.

Something that I have hatred for.

I admit, the U.S is so far a great place to live.

But it'll turn into a wasteland soon if it continues this path.

Then I'll be heading to Canada or if I get some job experience and finish my time at community college, Finland.

[quote name='Lunæ' timestamp='1321476354' post='5646798']
Are you a patriot to your own country? Or are you a patriot to another? Why are you patriotic, or why are you not? What's real patriotism, anyways? What about extremists? I'm intrigued to see what YCM has to say about this subject.

(If you really know nothing about apart from what you've read or seen in movies about that country, it doesn't count. Not a single bit. I feel that you have to actually experience it in full before saying so.)
[/quote]
I love the United States but I refuse to say its better than everyone else...

quote Immortal Technique.

[quote name='~Batshit Insane VK~' timestamp='1321479685' post='5646912']
I'm not a patriot.

That would imply some Nationalism.

Something that I have hatred for.

I admit, the U.S is so far a great place to live.

But it'll turn into a wasteland soon if it continues this path.

Then I'll be heading to Canada or if I get some job experience and finish my time at community college, Finland.
[/quote]

come to canada, we have free health care, we have a great economy and we're enviromentally friendly!

Archived