A "Charmers" support card

Razzion

Element Garden
[Field Spell]
"Charmer" and "Familiar Posessed" monsters gain 500 ATK/DEF. Flip Effect monsters you control aren't destroyed in battle. Once per turn, you may change the attribute of target creature. (This doesn't go away at End of Turn.) During your Standby Phase, release 1 monster or destroy this card.

OCG Fix (because we all know these are good):

"Charmer" and "Familiar Possessed" monsters gain 500 ATK/DEF. Flip Effect Monsters you control [b]cannot be destroyed by battle. [/b]Once per turn[b]; Target 1 monster on the field: You can change its attribute (permanently). [/b]During your Standby Phase[b]: Tribute [/b]1 monster or destroy this card.

Right, gives a little bit more speed to the archetype, but why should I use this over Scroll of Bewitchment? There is no cost to using that, whereas every turn I have to Tribute a monster if I use this.

Oh, whoops. I often use my own lingo when writing out card effects.

And the reason you'd use this over Scroll - or perhaps alongside it, if you like the frailty of Equipment Cards - is becos' the charmers need to stay on the field to maintain their effects. Hence the "flip effects aren't destroyed in battle". As for the "release 1 monster each turn" part, it's something I threw in there as not to break it outright. Maybe it shoulda said, "[b]during your End Phase,[/b] release 1 monster or destroy ~". That would give the "charmed" monster a chance to attack before using it to feed the Garden. Hmmm.... I can see what you mean, now that I think it thru.

Thanks for the input!

LOL FIELD SPELL
LOL SCROLL OF BEWITCHMENT

In all seriousness, both of you guys are doing it wrong. GOOD Familiar-Possessed fan decks run Secret Village of the Spellcasters, and they wouldn't need this at all. Especially when you gave it that last cost, which is terribly unneeded.

Needs to be like this for me to use it:

[b]Continuous Trap Card[/b]
"Charmer" and "Familiar Possessed" monsters gain 500 ATK/DEF. Flip Effect Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn; Target 1 monster on the field: You can change its attribute. [b]When control of a monster your opponent controls is switched: You can destroy 1 card on the field. When a "Familiar-Possessed" monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Draw 1 card.[/b] [s]During your Standby Phase: Tribute 1 monster or destroy this card.[/s]

Archived