Steelswarm Cell

Considering all this fascination over Verz, I thought I would make a topic on the main cause of it.
[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111022223658/yugioh/images/thumb/c/c7/SteelswarmCellDT05-EN-DNPR-DT.jpg/300px-SteelswarmCellDT05-EN-DNPR-DT.jpg[/img]
[quote][center]If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. This card cannot be Tributed, except for the Tribute Summon of a "Steelswarm" monster, and cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster.[/center][/quote][/center]
After Trishula turned everything into a frozen wasteland. The Inverz, like the parasitic monsters they are, took advantage of this. As everyone else gradually died off from the extreme cold, the Evil cells simply "invaded" everything, and gained control over... Well.... Pretty much everything.

Also, here's some interesting points I just came up with:
This card's ability to Summon itself reflects the fact that Trish killed everything off.
The fact it can't be used as a Synchro Material references the fact all the Verz-counterparts(or at least the cool ones), are all Xyz monsters.
Also, Cell is actually really hallow inside, because the abdomen is where it stores all of the virus. When it comes in contact with another creature, it simply latches on to it, and injects it's virus into it's prey, and it becomes another Verz.

Discuss.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1321661283' post='5651459']
Which raises a question: Were the original Inverz monsters simply other monsters that were longer exposed?
[/quote]
Story-wise I heard a theory that the Steelswarm were so intent on eating the other tribes (other than the Vylon, because they just hated the Vylon) because either....

1. They were original Verz whose bodies were decaying.
2. Didn't want Cell to infect them and maybe overpower them.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1321661846' post='5651487']

Story-wise I heard a theory that the Steelswarm were so intent on eating the other tribes (other than the Vylon, because they just hated the Vylon) because either....

1. They were original Verz whose bodies were decaying.
2. Didn't want Cell to infect them and maybe overpower them.
[/quote]
I kinda' like option 2.
Mostly because the "mature" Verz(the Steelswarm, really) realized their potential if they infected others, they could create a superior race of Verz-Hybrids, and would be able to infect things regardless of what sort of location they were in.

Archived