Lightsworn Support

Yankee

[center]Because it's late, I'm tired...and Lightsworns are my favorite archtype.

[img]http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5858/11496i.jpg[/img]

[b]"When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, double any Battle Damage they receive. If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase. This card's battle position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn. During each of your End Phases, send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard." [/b]

[img]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1678/11496.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1678/11496.jpg[/img]
(Iffy on wording)

[img]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1678/11496.jpg[/img]
(Needs balancing help...)

[img]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1678/11496.jpg[/img]
[b]"Your opponent cannot select another face-up "Lightsworn" monster you control as an attack target. During the Battle Phase, this card can attack every monster your opponent controls, once each. During each of your End Phases: Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.[/b]"

[img]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2327/11496d.jpg[/img]
(Eh...?)

[img]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5485/11496s.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/21b8wg9.jpg[/IMG]
(I honestly don't know...Might restrict it to Lightsworn instead of LIGHT. Idk.)

Yay. Generic.
Yay, probably sucks.
Still.
Go.
[/center]

Crimson is pointless because Jain doesn't die after attacking.

Yuugril is a +1 and can add ANYTHING to your hand.

Shine's kinda balanced.

Celestial Dance doesn't really have any balancing issues imo.

June is fine, tho idk if I like the idea of a LIGHT Marauding Captain lock. Especially with all the support (Photon Lead, blah blah blah)

Idt anyone would run Solar Burst

Okay, been a while since I reviewed a set. Let's see how well I can still do.

The knight looks fine. 2000 ATK can easily run over anything, but I'm still iffy about all of the damage your opponent takes is doubled. I still don't know the clear difference between "It is changed to Defense Position" and "Change it to Defense Position", but regardless, it seems fine to me.

Now, the Wyvern....great, so now we can re-use Honest to our heart's content? **Sounds the broken alarm**. Let's make Honest @4 and completely ruin the game structure.

For the Priestess, isn't that pretty much the same thing as using Garoth's effect? If you send a Lightsworn with Garoth, you get a card. If you send a Lightsworn with this, you get a card. Pretty useless in my opinion, especially when Garoth has better stats than this card.

Don't ask me for Balancing help on cards, because I usually tend to make things more broken than they already are on the second go. But it seems fine to me, but Lightsworns really serve no purpose in being Banished. Maybe return it to the Deck instead of Banishing it (there I go messing up a perfect card again).

1400 ATK isn't much for a monster that can attack all of your opponent's monsters once each. Maybe bump it up to 1600.

The last card.....not needed. Like I said, Lightsworns serve no purpose when they are Banished, and destroying your own monsters during the End Phase isn't a good idea, especially for something as silly as not being able to be targeted by card effects. Your opponent can just easily use a Dark Hole or Torrential Tribute to wipe your field clean of monsters.

I just realized....I'm reviewing a Moderator's set.....I feel so accomplished.

EDIT: GDI, Aggro.

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1321718193' post='5652568']
Okay, been a while since I reviewed a set. Let's see how well I can still do.

The knight looks fine. 2000 ATK can easily run over anything, but I'm still iffy about all of the damage your opponent takes is doubled. I still don't know the clear difference between "It is changed to Defense Position" and "Change it to Defense Position", but regardless, it seems fine to me.

[b]The double damage is made to balance out the fact that it ends up being a weak defensive monster afterwrd. Honest + this = fun.[/b]

Now, the Wyvern....great, so now we can re-use Honest to our heart's content? **Sounds the broken alarm**. Let's make Honest @4 and completely ruin the game structure.

[b]Guess I didn't have Honest in mind when I made it. I was more thinking of recycling BLS or JD. Thus the no SS restriction. But good point XD[/b]

For the Priestess, isn't that pretty much the same thing as using Garoth's effect? If you send a Lightsworn with Garoth, you get a card. If you send a Lightsworn with this, you get a card. Pretty useless in my opinion, especially when Garoth has better stats than this card.

[b]Garoth draws. Priestess adds a LS to your hand. If you happen to mill a LS you don't want to (Say this situation calls for a Lyla, Lumina, or Ryko), you can add it.[/b]

Don't ask me for Balancing help on cards, because I usually tend to make things more broken than they already are on the second go. But it seems fine to me, but Lightsworns really serve no purpose in being Banished. Maybe return it to the Deck instead of Banishing it (there I go messing up a perfect card again).

[b]Possible. A big cost to LS is banishing. It's the idea of the cost.[/b]

1400 ATK isn't much for a monster that can attack all of your opponent's monsters once each. Maybe bump it up to 1600.

[b]Thing is, it was a 1600 at first XD
The idea is that this would probably be a major Honest target. Ditch Honest, sweep opponent's field for 1400 per monster.[/b]

The last card.....not needed. Like I said, Lightsworns serve no purpose when they are Banished, and destroying your own monsters during the End Phase isn't a good idea, especially for something as silly as not being able to be targeted by card effects. Your opponent can just easily use a Dark Hole or Torrential Tribute to wipe your field clean of monsters.

[b]I expected as much about this card. It was an "eh" card, as I stated. But it does support a OTK or quick finish to a duel. And ITT: LS ending up in the grave is a bad thing.
But I understand. The idea was to have a COST to it. And to LS, banishing a LS is a cost. It does seem a bit much, tho...[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321718139' post='5652565']
Crimson is pointless because Jain doesn't die after attacking.

[b]Depends on what you want. Jain is nothing more than a 4 star beater to LS. You can get a 1800 that grows to 2100 when it attacks, or a straight up 2000 that has double battle damage, but it likely to die next turn (Which both are anyway).
Both mill 2, so it really depends on what your preference is.[/b]

Yuugril is a +1 and can add ANYTHING to your hand.

[b]True...[/b]

Shine's kinda balanced.

[b]Yay.[/b]

Celestial Dance doesn't really have any balancing issues imo.

[b]Re-reading it, I'm glad I added the Level 4 or lower clause. It didn't originally, which would mean an easy 5 + card mill in LS.[/b]

June is fine, tho idk if I like the idea of a LIGHT Marauding Captain lock. Especially with all the support (Photon Lead, blah blah blah)

[b]I just used the wrong wording. It's supposed to not allow the opponent to attack another monster other than a June. ^^'[/b]

Idt anyone would run Solar Burst

[b]Edits must be made![/b]
[/quote]

Oh, and I added a card.
Cuz, ya know, LS need a tuner.

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321727357' post='5652883']
LS don't need anything.

And my point about June remains.
[/quote]

LS can use a dedicated tuner, though ;D

Hate how a lot of their power comes from luck milling -_-

And yeah, it does. But it doesn't become a Captain lock, as having two doesn't stop all attacks. But I get ya.

[quote name='Yankee' timestamp='1321729289' post='5652967']

LS can use a dedicated tuner, though ;D

Hate how a lot of their power comes from luck milling -_-

And yeah, it does. But it doesn't become a Captain lock, as having two doesn't stop all attacks. But I get ya.
[/quote]K, I see what you mean now.

Archived