Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Probably one of the most amazing Synchro Monsters ever printed. It does take a minimum of 3 Materials to bring out, which is rather annoying, but Trish pays for itself immediately once it hits the field. 2700ATK is enough to rival boss monsters this format and many decks can bring it out. I can't help but think what would happen if this was level 8.

EDIT: Fixed typo.

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1321732392' post='5653193']
The Debris + Dandy + 2 Tokens combo would be useless.
[/quote]

But many other combos would arise. If it was level 8 and required 1 tuner+1 or more non-tuner monsters. I still think Level 8 is so much more usable than level 9 with two non-tuners.

[quote name='Hadouken Red' timestamp='1321732519' post='5653199']
But many other combos would arise. If it was level 8 and required 1 tuner+1 or more non-tuner monsters. I still think Level 8 is so much more usable than level 9 with two non-tuners.
[/quote]

Then no one would run SDD anymore. They would prefer this over Trish if it was like that.

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1321732392' post='5653193']
The Debris + Dandy + 1 Token
[/quote]

Oh Look I have an Extra Token I didn't use...I can like 141 Glow Up/Spore and Make Formula/Roflcopter for more shenanigans

Oh wait...You get 2 Dandy tokens when it dies...Yeah You could do MUCH MORE STUFF than just playing the Broken Trishula....

>_<

[quote name='Passion Pit' timestamp='1321732766' post='5653216']
If I only have room for 3 Syncros... this isn't one of them.
[/quote]

Why not? If I could only run 3 Synchros they'd be Brionac, This and Black Rose. Mainly because they're all so useful. I can't think of any situation where you would not want to run this.

[quote name='Hadouken Red' timestamp='1321732810' post='5653219']
Why not? If I could only run 3 Synchros they'd be Brionac, This and Black Rose. Mainly because they're all so useful. I can't think of any situation where you woudln't want to run this.
[/quote]Stardust over this.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1321732874' post='5653224']
If I could only run 3 Synchros, I'd wonder what stupid deck I'm running and why my Extra's so bad.
[/quote]

Mainly this too. Personally, Stardust comes after those 3. Mainly because most decks can recover from Dark Hole and so forth. Heavy is still quite devastating, but you can take measures against that by only setting what you know you'll need. Stardust is 4th on the list followed by Scrap Dragon and Librarian. And for the record, Synchro Summoning is [b]not[/b] Tributing Monsters. They get sent to the the Graveyard, not Tributed.

[quote name='フォトン・ロクサス' timestamp='1321732933' post='5653228']
Hey, but doesn't Dandy's effect say you can't trib its tokens that turn, and don't you need both tokens? 4+3+1+1=9
[/quote]

If a synchro material was a tribute, you comment would have some merit.

And of course you use both tokens... ._.

Sync materials aren't tribute? Ok, but this:[quote name='-Venser el Transeúnte-' timestamp='1321732783' post='5653217']
Oh Look I have an Extra Token I didn't use...I can like 141 Glow Up/Spore and Make Formula/Roflcopter for more shenanigans

Oh wait...You get 2 Dandy tokens when it dies...Yeah You could do MUCH MORE STUFF than just playing the Broken Trishula....

>_<
[/quote] How do you have an extra token?

[quote name='フォトン・ロクサス' timestamp='1321733179' post='5653236']
Sync materials aren't tribute? Ok, but this: How do you have an extra token?
[/quote]

They were exploring the Hypotetical case of Trishula Being a Level 8 Monster

In which case Foolish + Debris + 1 For one becomes a First Turn Trishula + Bronac + Formula Synchron

[quote name='-Venser el Transeúnte-' timestamp='1321733270' post='5653238']
They were exploring the Hypotetical case of Trishula Being a Level 8 Monster
[/quote]

You could also go Shooting Star Dragon with the extra token. Provided you made Stardust instead of Trish, but you get the idea. It's not like Plants can't already get First turn Shooting Star with the right hand anyways, but just putting this out there. If Trish where level 8, it'd kill some of the Level 9 Combos but it'd have all the silly level 8 combos. Personally, I think they made the right choice with it's level.

[quote name='Hadouken Red' timestamp='1321733513' post='5653246']
You could also go Shooting Star Dragon with the extra token. Provided you made Stardust instead of Trish, but you get the idea. It's not like Plants can't already get First turn Shooting Star with the right hand anyways, but just putting this out there. If Trish where level 8, it'd kill some of the Level 9 Combos but it'd have all the silly level 8 combos. Personally, I think they made the right choice with it's level.
[/quote]

Foolish + Debris + 141 + Reborn == Trishula (Who it is still a level 8 in this example) + Shooting Star Dragon (Provided your Level 6 Synchro and Formula made Stardust and you Reborned Formula)

Better Nah?

[quote name='-Venser el Transeúnte-' timestamp='1321733694' post='5653253']
Foolish + Debris + 141 + Reborn == Trishula + Shooting Star Dragon (Provided your Level 6 and Formula made Stardust and you Reborned Formula)

Better Nah?
[/quote]

Much better. However it requires an extra card. I was thinking more along the lines of just: Debris, Foolish and 141. Dump dandy with foolish and get tokens, normal summon Debris and target Dandy, Synchro into Stardust. Get 2 more tokens. Use 141 and discard a Random Monster in your hand to bring out any level 1 tuner and make formula. Then obviously, you could go for another synch with the other tokens or go into Shooting Star.

Archived