Horus the Black Flame Dragon

[quote name='Passion Pit' timestamp='1321744099' post='5653677']
You're doing it wrong >_>

Not enough REDEYESDARKNESSMETALDRAGON >: D
[/quote]
Honestly, that's the only real way to run Horus nowadays. Or really...any dragon.
REDMD + Horus Level 6 is easy, and annoying for the opponent. Especially when you bring out LV 8, and then use REDMD to reborn 6, and go for the 2nd 8.

I don't really know any crazy plays, however. Well...then again, to me, every dragon play is straightforward, even if to other people it's somehow not...

[quote name='Yankee' timestamp='1321765206' post='5654407']
Honestly, that's the only real way to run Horus nowadays. Or really...any dragon.
REDMD + Horus Level 6 is easy, and annoying for the opponent. Especially when you bring out LV 8, and then use REDMD to reborn 6, and go for the 2nd 8.

I don't really know any crazy plays, however. Well...then again, to me, every dragon play is straightforward, even if to other people it's somehow not...
[/quote]But Lunar hates REDMD, so he'll never do it right.

[quote name='Passion Pit' timestamp='1321765304' post='5654410']
But Lunar hates REDMD, so he'll never do it right.
[/quote]

When the meta was slower, before REDMD and all this stuff came around, Horus Lockdown was AMAZING.
I miss those days.

In all honesty, as much as I love beating the opponent to the ground with DAD, JD, and BLS all in one turn, it's more satisfying to watch them scoop once you've completely locked them down. Lockdown is my favorite style of deck...it's just never good enough, or fast enough...

But...

The feeling of having 2 Horus 8's on your field, Royal Decree, an Effect Veiler in hand (that you showed them you had for pure fun) and a Future Fusion with a FGD coming out next turn...
It's more fun when the opponent still thinks they can do something, and decide not to scoop at that point.

[quote name='Yankee' timestamp='1321765206' post='5654407']

[/quote]Also, I need to walk you through something:

Have REDMD and Set Dragon Reincarnation
Eff REDMD to SS Divine Dragon Apocalypse
Apocalypse eff discard, add REDMD to hand.
Banish LIGHT & DARK for BLS
Eclipse Wyvern eff adds earlier banished REDMD to hand
Banish Apocalypse SS REDMD
Eff REDMD SS Red-Eyes Wyvern
Banish for REDMD
REDMD eff SS Darkstorm Dragon
Swoop with all 5 monsters for game

[quote name='Yankee' timestamp='1321741098' post='5653537']
I ran into a Horus LV 8 a few days ago. Always fun to play a spell, have him negate, and chain a Book Of Moon.
Die Horus, die.
[/quote]

You do realize that doesn't work, right? Horus LV8 can negate Spells as many times a chain as it wants, as it's not once per turn, and there's no cost or restriction. LADD has the "once per chain" ruling because it's mandatory and would otherwise be forced to negate itself.

Archived