Ashinagatenaga (AKA "Ashinaga-jin" and "Tenaga-jin")

Sander

[i]Ashinaga-jin
EARTH / Level 3
Fiend / Spirit
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Target 1 "Tenaga-jin" in your Deck and add it to your hand. During your End Phase, when this card is returned to your hand: You can reveal 1 "Tenaga-jin" in your hand; Target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in either players Graveyard.
1600 / 0

Tenaga-jin
Fiend / Level 3
Warrior / Spirit
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Target 1 "Ashinaga-jin" in your Deck and add it to your hand. During your End Phase, if this card was revealed from your hand by the effect of "Ashinaga-jin": Special Summon the targeted monster. The monster Special Summoned that way gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase of your next turn.
0 / 1600[/i]

[size=2]Ashinaga-tenaga (足長手長?, "Long Legs Long Arms") are a pair of yōkai in Japanese folklore. One, Ashinaga-jin (足長人?), has extremely long legs, while the other, Tenaga-jin (手長人?), has extremely long arms. They were first described in the Japanese encyclopedia Wakan Sansai Zue. They are said to be found in Kyūshū. More info can be found in [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashinagatenaga"]HERE[/url][/size]

Seems like a nice concept.

The problem is, in other words, Ashinaga-Jin is:

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Target 1 "Tenaga-jin" in your Deck and add it to your hand. During your End Phase, when this card is returned to your hand: You can reveal 1 "Tenaga-jin" in your hand; Target 1 monster in either players Graveyard, and Special Summon it. The monster Special Summoned that way gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase of your next turn.

Because well, duh.

The card design seems thus OP; Ashinaga-Jin is technically Monster Reborn every turn, and it's also searchable by RotA. Its ATK isn't that low, either.

I would either make the Reborn Level 4 or lower, or neg Ashinaga-Jin's search effect.

[media]http://youtu.be/LTIeyZ4jfCg[/media]
*shot*

These cards are [i]very[/i] interesting. It's a very interesting idea that's balanced just well enough to work without being broken... I think. I don't play anymore, so I wouldn't know what's broken and what isn't. I think perhaps Ashinaga should discard itself upon activating its effect, but besides that...

Really, though, what an intriguing concept. I'm very impressed. I do wonder whether they should be Warrior-Type, though -- Fiend- or Beast-Warrior-Type might work better given what Ashinaga and Tenaga actually are.

Sheesh, I've forgotten how to give good advice. ;_;

[quote name='Supreme Gamesmaster' timestamp='1321747673' post='5653888']
I do wonder whether they should be Warrior-Type, though -- Fiend- or Beast-Warrior-Type might work better given what Ashinaga and Tenaga actually are.[/quote]

Yeah. probably should be Fiends. I blame the Warrior-Type's on the fact that it's late here and I should get some sleep.

EDIT: Changed types to Fiend.

Archived