Inzecter Megathorn

groniack

This is an Xyz for inzecters. I hope you like it.:)

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/inzectermegathorn.jpg/"][img]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9072/inzectermegathorn.jpg[/img][/url]

2 Level 6 Insect-Type monsters
While this card has Xyz materials; face-up Spell Cards cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; Select 1 "Inzecter" monster from your Deck; Equip the selected card to this card.

This is absolutely god awful. See, here's the thing. Inzecters are completely based around their equips being destroyed [i]by themselves[/i], this stops you from destroying them at all. With that being said, you can literally do no comboing with this... So why would you go into it? I'd much rather go into Exabeetle and THAT'S saying something. Exabeetle is terrible in Inzecters, so you should understand what I'm trying to say. What I suggest you do to fix the card is make it 2 Level 3 Insect-Type monsters and stop face-up Spell Cards from being destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Then it'd be good.

Inzecters don't [i]destroy[/i] themselves, they are [i]sent to the Graveyard[/i] by themselves, which are different concepts; also, the non-Equip Inzecters (Damsel, Centipede, etc.) only require the Equip to be sent to the Graveyard (not destroyed). So Megathorn won't stop, for example, a Hornet equipped to Damsel from sending itself to the Graveyard for its effect, and Damsel's effect will still activate.

I find this card really good, but, like Tsubaki mentions, it would be better if it only protected your Spell Cards from your opponent's cards, so you get to manipulate your own Equipped Inzecters.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1321895851' post='5657001']
Inzecters don't [i]destroy[/i] themselves, they are [i]sent to the Graveyard[/i] by themselves, which are different concepts; also, the non-Equip Inzecters (Damsel, Centipede, etc.) only require the Equip to be sent to the Graveyard (not destroyed). So Megathorn won't stop, for example, a Hornet equipped to Damsel from sending itself to the Graveyard for its effect, and Damsel's effect will still activate.

I find this card really good, but, like Tsubaki mentions, it would be better if it only protected your Spell Cards from your opponent's cards, so you get to manipulate your own Equipped Inzecters.
[/quote]

Hornet to destroy Gigamantis or Gigaweevil is honestly one of their best combinations, as it allows you to double Special Summon through the effect of Damsel and Special Summon anything from the Graveyard. That is why I am highly suggesting that he makes it only protected from your opponent's card effects, so that it doesn't hinder your combinations but stops your opponent from ruining it when you need it most.

Archived