hey can a couple guys help a bro out?

rotfl

aight. let me start.

im in 8th grade.

so there's this girl. name is kimberly.

she likes me and tells all her friends about me and they tell me that she likes me and its pretty obvious.

this has gone on for a year now.

i don't think i really like her. but we're really close, as friends. like, we give each other hugs a lot and stuff.

last friday, she's all like "do you think the guy i like likes me back?" i could tell she was talking about me.

so i said, "i don't know, that's for you to figure out yourself."

so then she thought i liked her.

so this kimberly girl tells all her friends i like her.

to reaffirm a point - i dont.

i told her friends i dont.

then her friends said, "you cant tell that to her! that will break her heart."

so i told her i liked her.

and i asked her to my my gf today.

i think i'm starting to like her.

so... i guess what i'm asking is..

1. did i do the right thing?
2. how should i make a move on her?
3. how long should i stay with her?
4. should i make this a real relationship?
5. how should i treat her?

all help appreciated.. haha thanks

[quote name='Æther Royce' timestamp='1321830567' post='5655781']
If you need to ask us how to treat her, then you're obviously not ready to be in a relationship. But we can't really give you any real good advice on this matter, just see where it leads I guess. If it goes south, it wasn't meant to be. :neutral:
[/quote]

yea ik im not ready lol... but i cant break up with her. i mean she REALLY likes me. this is my first gf i just need a little advice haha.

[quote name='Ctrl+Alt+Win' timestamp='1321830276' post='5655766']
8th grade?

Don`t sweat it if t goes wrong

1. yeah you did the right thing
2. just go for it
3. as long as you like
4. idk if you want
5. Like f***ing gold
[/quote]

thank you lol. what i meant by #2 is what should i do, but thanks for the others ^_^

1. You think not being true to yourself is the right thing? Come on now, if you don't like somebody, you don't like somebody. It's nice that you gave her a chance though, but if you didn't start to like her, what you just did would be horrible.

2. ...didn't you just ask her to be your girlfriend? Isn't that enough of a move for an 8th grader? Keep it slow and steady. Enjoy yourself. Make her laugh. Make her the priority.

3. Oh my goodness, if you don't really like her, get out of it now. You're wasting her precious time. And if you do really like her, stay with her until that feeling fades, obviously.

4. Wait, you're confusing me. You're considering this a fake relationship? Get out of it then. You're going to hurt her if you don't really like her. Trust me, been there, done that, it's a horrible thing to do. Getting into a relationship just because you can't say no is really bad and pathetic. Save her the time. Let her heal early.

5. Treat her like she's everything, obviously.

[quote name='rotfl' timestamp='1321830121' post='5655757']

all help appreciated.. haha thanks
[/quote]

1) Yes. I was in the same situation last year, although it was slightly different, and I came to like my gf real fast.
2) Make a move implies you want her to be your gf, which has already happened, but I see what you mean. What I did was just take it slow, like giving hugs and compliments and stuff. Then after a while you can get to holding hands and stuff.
3) As long as the relationship works. What I see alot is that people don't end relationships, relationahips end themselves.
4) Probably, because read 1).
5) instead of writing a huge paragraph here, I'll just say treat her like she's the best person in the world and nothing is more valuable, etc.

[/quote]
1. Are you retarded? If you can't decide if what you did is right or not then you obviously should not be dating her... If you like her then yes it was and if you don't then you are a horrible person...
2. It depends on her personality... Analyze and come up with a genuine answer to that question because in hindsight most of the people on YCM are not exactly the people to come to with that question...
3. Now you put a timer on her? WTF is wrong with you? She isn't some damn toy for you to play with for a limited amount of time and then abandon... You should be with her as long as it should last IF you like her...
4. I think you are going to give me a hernia, and i'm 16... Jesus Christ dude if you are not going to take this seriously then just end it... This isn't some damn monopoly game this is dating... Take it seriously or get out...
5. Wow and I thought it couldn't get any worse... Like shes the only human on this planet...

[/quote]

1. Idk. From experience forced dates, or pity dates don't usually work out in the end.
2. ? 8th grade is kinda young to be spending big bucks on people. Take her to the park, hang out or rent a movie or something.
3. IMO you'd sound like a jerk if you break up with her for nothing. Stay with her as long as you know it's working.
4. You don't have to. Your in 8th grade and it's ok if it doesn't work. There are thousands of fish in the sea. You don't have to make it happen at this age.
5. How you feel like. If you don't feel like treating her well you shouldn't go out.

Archived