MarbleZone Appreciation Thread

Tentacruel

[quote name='MarbleZone' timestamp='1321890373' post='5656858']
Now I have two choices: either lock this thread because of that "no individual member discussions" rule I used to enforce, which would look extremely ungrateful of me, or make use of the thread to also ask you guys what you feel can be improved under the new moderation; what are your expectations, or simply what you wanna see done differently from how I did things. It'll be helpful for the new mod ;)
[/quote]
I personally feel that the one word opening post is a violation of what this section is used for. Of course the sub-title says talk about anything, but I believe this is a "discuss anything" section. A discussion should be engaging and fun for all/most parties involved. The uninteresting threads of just whatever people feel like posting, like a pancakes or muffins thread, is dumb unless put into the context of why the thread exist in the first place. Even something as simple as, "I'm extremely hungry and just got a weird craving for pancakes. Discuss pancakes."

Not only does this give an icebreaker to the thread, but also an insight on the thread creator. It might also bring a second discussion point, as in weird cravings experienced.

I dunno, but the boring threads is what made me stray from General in the first place.

Archived