MarbleZone Appreciation Thread

Tentacruel

Here's to a member who is leaving(spending less time on YCM) soon unfortunately, and will always be remembered as a great mod. He put up with our idiocy time and time again and always kept General in check, whether it be quieting spam attacks by angry members or controlling the wave of meta threads that follow.

We'll miss you MZ, I can only hope the new guy is half as competent as you.

Post now, unless you're going to hate, in which case you can just leave.

Perception is beautiful. All Marblezone ever really did, was do clockwork stuff and occasionally added his own flair. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the better moderators since Browarod became one and left. But this is JUST General you're talking about. Savior of none (at least forum wise), he did what was requested of him and rather admirably. Nor is he [i]leaving[/i], he's just putting his life first.

@OW: Warn added for flaming half the staff, swearing and being rather rude. Add that steampile to your own.

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1321836100' post='5655949']
Perception is beautiful. All Marblezone ever really did, was do clockwork stuff and occasionally added his own flair. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the better moderators since Browarod became one and left. But this is JUST General you're talking about. Savior of none (at least forum wise), he did what was requested of him and rather admirably. Nor is he [i]leaving[/i], he's just putting his life first.

@OW: Warn added for flaming half the staff, swearing and being rather rude. Add that steampile to your own.
[/quote]
Wait, Browarod left? Aw.... No wonder I don't see him around much anymore. Never really noticed MZ to be honest but he did Lock a lot of topic and mostly for good reasons. Also I still 100% admit I deserved that Warning, so if you happen to read this MZ *Holds hand out for a Handshake* You did a good job.

If it wasn't for MZ, I'd still be perma-locked and probably would have left the site by now. Despite the fact that I was locked FOR flaming him, he still showed a great sense of forgiveness and looked the other way. Thanks MZ, you were (and are) one of the coolest guys I've met on here. I hope you come back and say hey from time to time. ^_^

[quote name='The Dark Evangel' timestamp='1321836337' post='5655965']
I love it how people on the internet fling the word "Idiot" around as much as a flower boy flings flower pettles at a wedding.
[/quote]
Flower [i]boy[/i]? What the hell? =\

Anyway, you'll be missed Marble. Good luck in your future stuff.

[quote name='Brownstar' timestamp='1321877157' post='5656735']
tbh, I don't give a s*** about MZ. I'm not a mod licker, I like the users that gain my respect. No mod has done that yet.
[/quote]
If he didn't earn your respect then you weren't in General before he got here.

MZ was just what General needed and has done a fabulous job all throughout his time as one. Although I still have no idea where he came from originally. =P

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1321879204' post='5656748']
If he didn't earn your respect then you weren't in General before he got here.

MZ was just what General needed and has done a fabulous job all throughout his time as one. Although I still have no idea where he came from originally. =P
[/quote]
May be just because I hate when mods close threads that dosen't need to be closed.

Thanks guys, nice to feel recognition at the end of the day! :)

Hopefully the next mod will be able to keep the place clean and improve on something I didn't, and that's plan more activities.
A mod that's fully committed shouldn't restrict himself to locking and warning, there's no reason why he (along with the rest of the staff) shouldn't make an effort to keep things [i]interesting [/i]at the same time. I should have done more in that regard, but hopefully the person that follows me will be more active and available to plan such initiatives.

Now I have two choices: either lock this thread because of that "no individual member discussions" rule I used to enforce, which would look extremely ungrateful of me, or make use of the thread to also ask you guys what you feel can be improved under the new moderation; what are your expectations, or simply what you wanna see done differently from how I did things. It'll be helpful for the new mod ;)

Archived