[J-Max] Potion of 1000 Truths

J-Max

[Center][img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3124/20250g.jpg[/img]
Discard 2 DARK monsters from your hand. Until your 3rd Standby Phase after this card's activation, during each of your opponent's Draw Phases, you can pay 500 Life Points to check the card that your opponent Draws. By revealing 1 card of the same Type from your hand, you can add 1 card of the same Type from your Deck to your hand. When this card is removed from the field, you can add 1 card that was used to activate this card from your Graveyard to your hand.[/Center]

This doesn't seem right to me. It's not very useful unless both you and your opponent use similar types; if I used this to add draw support for a Blue-Eyes deck but my opponent is using a Cloudian deck, this card can't do anything. The hand-revealing effect is interesting and could make a good balancing factor. But what happens when, for example, "Ceremonial Bell" is on the field, revealing both players' entire hands? Would this card be negated or impossible to use? I'm not quite sure about the last effect either. What does it mean?

It's an interesting concept, but it's too situtational. Unless you know what sort of Deck your opponent is running, and you have a similar Deck, this card could turn out to be almost worthless.

I was actually trying to make it a Spell, Trap or Monster but was struggling to find the OCG XD. The last part is quite simple actually. When you discard 2 DARKS and activate this it goes to the Grave (Think Crush Card) then you get 1 DARK back again. However if you are running DaD, you're more then welcome to keep the card there.

Oh and thanks for the detailed review. Appriciate it.

It's broken. Discarding isn't a cost, so you can discard 2 Dark Worlds (Grapha + Snoww) and immediately gain a huge amount of pluses just from that and... then you get searches EVERY SINGLE DRAW PHASE. Also, the last effect makes it exceedingly broken, as it becomes "Discard 2 cards and add 1 back to your hand, then you get a free search every single time your opponent takes their turn. 8D" No, it's utterly broken beyond belief. Suggested changes for this: Remove the entire last clause of the effect and make it a Continuous. Then it should be just broken.

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1321966714' post='5658934']
I was actually trying to make it a Spell, Trap or Monster but was struggling to find the OCG XD.[/quote]
That would make it even worse.
[quote]
The last part is quite simple actually. When you discard 2 DARKS and activate this it goes to the Grave (Think Crush Card) then you get 1 DARK back again.
[/quote]
So you effectively discard 1 DARK, and the other is temporarily disabled; a net loss of 1 card (duh). It's worthless if you're not running the same type, but if you are, it provides too much draw support for too low a cost (1 DARK monster and 1500 LP). This is not a very good card overall, and I hope you can do better with your next.

I'm looking at this and thinking "[i]What deck would actually use that?[/i]". The problem is an initial -2. Most decks can't really afford a -2 and the only deck that would like this is Fableds but they don't run DARK. The main effect itself seems odd to me just because after making the -2, you need to pay another cost during each of your Standby Phases. Of course no one cares about 500 Life Points but still... Finally the last part of the effect is the strangest part. You do know this card is removed from the field on resolution. That means that right away you get the DARK monster back so really the cost seems to be a single discard but you have to have both DARK monsters in your hand. Is this what you were going for?

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1321978128' post='5659108']
I'm looking at this and thinking "[i]What deck would actually use that?[/i]". The problem is an initial -2. Most decks can't really afford a -2 and the only deck that would like this is Fableds but they don't run DARK. The main effect itself seems odd to me just because after making the -2, you need to pay another cost during each of your Standby Phases. Of course no one cares about 500 Life Points but still... Finally the last part of the effect is the strangest part. You do know this card is removed from the field on resolution. That means that right away you get the DARK monster back so really the cost seems to be a single discard but you have to have both DARK monsters in your hand. Is this what you were going for?
[/quote]

Pssst, discarding isn't a cost. It works with Dark Worlds as it's treated as by a card effect, not a cost. Ideally it grabs anything Dark Worlds need whenever they need it.

you know I'm confused that it's not a continuous spell card for this

you just said that it has to last 3 turns onto the field. Now yes Swords of Revealing Light doesn't have to continuous symbol on it either, but I'm just unsure

well, onto the effect matter, 500 LP is a bit cheap just to check a card, especially since you can get the same type into your hand

so for example if your opponent draws a lv1 monster, you can send a lv8 monster to your hand, it doesn't add up

Archived