New "Agent" card

FindingTheEverlight

This is my first one in a while, I mean a long time... Lol. My friend and I made this, I believe the OCG in near perfect.

[img]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/585/40256.jpg[/img]

If "Sanctuary In The Sky" is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot select another face-up Fairy-Type monsters as an attack target, except "The Agent of Mercy - Neptune". If this monster would be destroyed, Banish one "The Agent" monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard to negate any effects that target this card.

Please give me some feedback.

I would make it slightly stronger in ATK; their attack strengths are based on the planet's size usually.
>Go to Photobucket, take the original image, edit it with the "tint" tool to make your 'Monster' blue. It's a very simple process and would make your Monster more centralized to the idea of the planet it is representing. If you have Photoshop: Please edit in a picture of Neptune, not some full-on realistic picture, something more artsy like the ones in the cards.

Total: 7
1 Picture
4 Effect
2 New Agent Monster

But please try and take the steps that I have provided, it will make the picture far better.

The ATK, I made it what is was so that it was balanced for being a level four. Maybe 200 more ATK with a lower DEF could fit in.

Man, I agree with you 100% about the image, I think I will change the tint. Though, one thing that I probably can't do is to add the planet to the background, I'm not too good at PS.

I'm gonna re-post with your suggestions.

This is the "bluish tint" you suggested. This was the best of the tints that I used.

[img]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/585/40256.jpg[/img]

I don't know. I kinda like my original idea more.

Original art is better IMO.

OT: 2100 ATK is a bit too much, change it to 1950 maybe. Given making it 1900 will make it terrible (Jupiter is way better for an Earth target), but keeping it 2100 is a bit stupid, I say that's prob. best.

Targetting effect destruction is almost never used, and no one runs Sanctuary, so it's basically a vanilla. I say it'll be fine.

As it is right now, this thing really cannot be used in Agents at all... Unless you're running Sanctuary Agents, but Agents don't tend to run the Field Spell as it proves to be too inconsistent. The OCG for this is fine... Honestly I'd just drop the ATK to 2000 instead of 1950/1900, seeing as how 2100 puts it on par with Cyber Dragon and yeah. Now, for corrections of the actual card. What I would suggest you do (or something of the sort, I won't mind either way) is make it so that you can banish 1 Agent to stop it being targeted and destroyed and while Sanctuary is face-up on the field it becomes a once per turn effect for any destruction? I don't know, it just seems like something like that would be really cool to run in Agents.

Nice idea, but poor execution imho. Good try though.

The effect actually seems quite good. As most Agents it has both a Sanctuary effect and a regular effect. The two effects have a certain amount of flow as well which Agents tend to have. The problem is you can banish from the deck. I think it would be a lot more balanced if you could only send from Field/Hand/Graveyard because that requires giving up advantage or graveyard set up while deck is basically a free save. That ATK and DEF are solid to me. Any higher and it would need a draw back in my opinion.

Of course the pic doesn't seem to work well as a card but that's not your fault, that's the fault of the picture creator so ya, nice card!

[quote name='-Tsubaki-' timestamp='1321958539' post='5658862']
As it is right now, this thing really cannot be used in Agents at all... Unless you're running Sanctuary Agents, but Agents don't tend to run the Field Spell as it proves to be too inconsistent.
[/quote]

You know full well I love Sanctuary Agents (more specifically Counter Agents but whatever). And even in there this card would not fit, at all if ever. I can think of a few tweaks to this card that would make it both playable and infinitely creative but I'm not so sure it would be appropriate or fit this users idea much at all. (I seem to be loving that phrase "at all").

One fix would be to go against what Darkplant said and ramp up the attack to 2300 (just under saturn), so it is a healthy beatstick, worth summoning and can protect your other cards regardless as far as battle goes. The other would be to force all targets of a card that would remove agents from the field to this card (even if it doesn't target), and remove the negation.

But your card as is, is a nice attempt at a little bit of both. Good on you.

Well, personally I don't run Agents, my friend does. I think if you guys were to see his deck, you'd more than certainly agree that this would be a decent card to run in a Herald Hyperion deck.

Also, Welche did point something out. The Hand/deck/graveyard Actually, it was a typo, I meant to say field instead of deck.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1321956646' post='5658857']
Targetting effect destruction is almost never used, and no one runs Sanctuary, so it's basically a vanilla. I say it'll be fine.
[/quote]

That's a bit of an understatement. Do you play on the Dueling Network?

well for the starting point the 1900 atk is good for lv4, can hold its own ground

for the 2nd effect, since it's only an Agent monster, that should be fine for the negation as well

however the one thing you need to change is the limit for that

in other words that 2nd effect you shouldn't be allowed to do it as many times as you feel like per turn

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321997555' post='5659726']
however the one thing you need to change is the limit for that

in other words that 2nd effect you shouldn't be allowed to do it as many times as you feel like per turn
[/quote]

I see what you're saying and I agree. But but what are the chances that you're opponent has more than 3 destruction cards per turn, not very likely (I'm not saying it's impossible though), Also, with the amount of agents you have in your hand, generally, if I play using my friend's agent deck I don't get more than a few Agents to begin with and I use them already, so generally there's no more than 3 Agents in my hand. I see it as a fair trade-off.

Good Agent decks run only 6 or so Agents (Earthx3, Venusx2 or 3, Jupiterx0 or 1); it's fine as it is

[quote name='Sin Aura' timestamp='1321986604' post='5659410']
That's a bit of an understatement. Do you play on the Dueling Network?
[/quote]

If you think all the duelists in Dueling Network are good you're obviously wrong. When I say "no one runs Sanctuary in Agents", that means "no COMPETITIVE people run Sanctuary in Agents".

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321998267' post='5659759']
I understand that, Sin Aura

but the point is draw power is getting more and more common nowadays

now yes you did say Agents, so it's not like you can just banish ANY card and pull this off, but still

you tell me how likely you can get like 5 agent cards in your hand all at once
[/quote]

It is possible to have 5, I'll admit, because it's true. But you can never know.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1321998664' post='5659772']
If you think all the duelists in Dueling Network are good you're obviously wrong. When I say "no one runs Sanctuary in Agents", that means "no COMPETITIVE people run Sanctuary in Agents".
[/quote]

Oh lordy, no half the Duelists in DN are terrible noobs. Sanctuary Agents, imo, are better than any other kind of deck that runs Agents, mainly because without Sanctuary, most Agents are worthless.

[quote name='Sin Aura' timestamp='1322002189' post='5659918']Sanctuary Agents, imo, are better than any other kind of deck that runs Agents, mainly because without Sanctuary, most Agents are worthless.
[/quote]
...*Facepalm*

You know something called "Consistency"? That's the most important thing in the metagame. Sanctuary Agents aren't really that inconsistent, but Pure Agents are beyond that; they NEVER get bad hands. Which gives them the current state as one of the best decks.

Also, they don't NEED extra effs to win. Venus is their key anyways.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1322002531' post='5659928']
...*Facepalm*

You know something called "Consistency"? That's the most important thing in the metagame. Sanctuary Agents aren't really that inconsistent, but Pure Agents are beyond that; they NEVER get bad hands. Which gives them the current state as one of the best decks.

Also, they don't NEED extra effs to win. Venus is their key anyways.
[/quote]

You're probably right. I am saying a lot of stuff purely out of my ass. I've never really ever used an Agent deck besides Sanctuary Agents. You probably would know more anyway, but never the less, on DN, my win/loss ratio is pretty good using the Sanctuary Agents.

[quote name='Sin Aura' timestamp='1322002189' post='5659918']
It is possible to have 5, I'll admit, because it's true. But you can never know.

Oh lordy, no half the Duelists in DN are terrible noobs. Sanctuary Agents, imo, are better than any other kind of deck that runs Agents, mainly because without Sanctuary, most Agents are worthless.
[/quote]

Possibly. Me, I admit I've never seen up to 5 up in a hand myself

Archived