It's a long story, so hold onto your seat

FindingTheEverlight

This is about a girl that I like, if you don't want to read it, or comment positively, there's a back button in the upper left corner of your browser.

Alright there's this girl I like, I met her about 6 months ago on Facebook. So we went to school together, I didn't know her until she randomly gave me a friend request. At first I was like "whatever" and approved her. Eventually, I started seeing her wall posts, and she has a fantastic taste in music, so I started liking her statuses and links.

Then one day, she sent me a message saying "What's up", I thought nothing of it, I didn't really like her at the time, but as we talked and talked, I started looking at her pictures and realized how cute she is, and how much I enjoy talking to her. So we started talking everyday for like a week and a half, then she asked me to hang out. I agreed, so I waited for that day, I spiffed myself up, I made myself look nice, I made sure I smelt super good because she was coming over to my house to play video games, watch movies, that kind of stuff. Then later that day, I got a message from her saying that she couldn't come over because her grandma was leaving for Mexico that day and she needed to spend time with her before she left. So I figured oh well, and told her that we can always reschedule. Though after that, we still talked a lot, we never rescheduled anything though.

A couple months went on, we were talking on Facebook and she told me that my favorite band, Of Mice & Men was coming. s***, I seized the opportunity and asked her if she wanted to go with me. I told her that I'd pay for her and everything, though what I told her was a bit embarrassing... Since I don't have a car or anything, I told her that I could have my dad drive us to the concert. That must've threw her for a loop, because the day after next, I messaged her and asked her if she was still up for going and she said that she was going with one of her friends, this broke me. Though it is understandable, she's never really met me in person, so I can't blame her, and that's probably one of the reasons we've never rescheduled to hang out.

But as of a week and a half ago, she put up a status that she wanted phone numbers for new people, since I didn't have her number, I seized the opportunity and I got her number. That night I got her number, we texted 7 hours straight til 4 am. And we've texted everyday since then. Then she texted me and told me that she needed a 35 mm camera for school, and oddly, I happened to have one. I invited her over to the mall to hang out with me and some friends and I could give her the camera when she came. So the day came to go to the mall and she ended up cancelling... But get this, she gave me her address and asked if I could drop the camera off at her place. I was more than happy to oblige. So later that day, my friends and I went to her house so I could drop off the camera. It was awesome, she walked out of her house, looking so beautiful. I gave her the camera, I told her of some of the issues with it, she thanked me and gave me a hug, and that was the end of it. It wasn't a long meet, but I'm glad I finally met her.

But as of yesterday and today, she's not responding to my texts. I'm flipping out too, I don't know what's wrong. I keep thinking of the worst scenarios possible on why she's not responding because I know that one of those scenarios has to be correct. It just trips me out.

You guys have no idea how badly I want to be with this girl, I have such feelings about her, and I think that she likes me back too, but she's also as much of a nervous wreck I am about it. I'm not sure what to do.

I just hope I'm not overreacting to the text message deal, I mean we text EVERY day.

Ugh.

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1322006831' post='5660088']
It could be possible that she was grounded. Probably had her phone taken away from her, probably lost her Facebook privileges or something like that. If that's the case, then no worries.
[/quote]

Well yeah, I've seen her on Facebook, she has a lot of recent posts. And what funny is, most of her recent posts were on mobile... So it's making me wonder if she's ignoring me. I really don't hope so, I did nothing to deserve it.

[quote name='Itachi V. Remo' timestamp='1322010005' post='5660210']
I'd imagine she might have needed that camera for a project of some sort

=/

She seems to be friend zoning you bro
[/quote]

Yeah, she needed the camera for her photo class at school.

I hope I'm not in the friend zone, at least it wouldn't seem to be like that, at least to me. But I think that maybe that could be a bit plausible.

She makes all these statuses about being alone and wanting someone to make her happy... And sadly those are the type statuses of her that I don't comment or like. But I think if I did, she'd get more of the hint.

Dude, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Sara could never meetup with me for one reason or another >_> I'm now assuming they were mostly lies, but whatever. Anyway, you shouldn't say "You guys have no idea how badly I want to be with this girl, I have such feelings about her, and I think that she likes me back too, but she's also as much of a nervous wreck I am about it," because, chances are, a lot of people DO know how you feel. Point is, you're not alone; things like this happen; (don't let this one discourage you, and because I say it doesn't mean that this is happening) some people just keep you as friends for resources (e.g. the camera that she borrowed). With the no texting thing, don't pay any attention to it; you two will be texting again soon, you'll see, it's nothing to get so worked up over. Now, if she keeps it up for days... a week... *eye twitches*

[quote name='TwinSeed' timestamp='1322018380' post='5660525']
Dude, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Sara could never meetup with me for one reason or another >_> I'm now assuming they were mostly lies, but whatever. Anyway, you shouldn't say "You guys have no idea how badly I want to be with this girl, I have such feelings about her, and I think that she likes me back too, but she's also as much of a nervous wreck I am about it," because, chances are, a lot of people DO know how you feel. Point is, you're not alone; things like this happen; (don't let this one discourage you, and because I say it doesn't mean that this is happening) some people just keep you as friends for resources (e.g. the camera that she borrowed). With the no texting thing, don't pay any attention to it; you two will be texting again soon, you'll see, it's nothing to get so worked up over. Now, if she keeps it up for days... a week... *eye twitches*
[/quote]

Dude, yeah. I see exactly what you're saying. I'm sure a lot of people can relate the same to my story, you're completely right. But I don't think a lot of people can fathom the same feelings that I have, I may be wrong. But I doubt she was using me for resources, she didn't even know I had the camera until I said I had one.

But here's something, as I was writing that, she liked a status I cryptically wrote about her... Wtf?

But here's another thing that I forgot to say in my first post, I'm helping her get a job at my work...

[quote name='Izaya Orihara' timestamp='1322029149' post='5660774']
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? That is taboo in the dating world!
[/quote]

I know, but she needed a job, and I wont be working there much longer.

[quote name='Passion Pit' timestamp='1322030717' post='5660792']
Reading through this... have you just straight up asked her out yet?
[/quote]

Um... No... I haven't grown the balls to ask her out. You'd think I should have already, but this girl is truly different and I have no idea how to approach the subject. Though, I did plan on trying to ask her to hang out yesterday because it's my only day off of work this week (besides Thanksgiving), and she's off school for this week, I figured it was the more opportune time. But she's not answering my texts, so there was no way for me even to ask her. But trust me, I really want to tell her that I like more than anything.

I imagine she has a lot of things going on. Being that you have her adress, If you feel it is necessary, go to her house and see if she's home. There is a possibility that she is out of the country due to Thanksgiving and such and she does not have a phone that works internationally. She'll be fine.

[quote name='Itachi V. Remo' timestamp='1322063918' post='5661147']
No offence

But you don't seem like the type to ask her out straight up

Does she have any other love interests?

If not, I suggest you just keep hinting it on until she get's the picture =/

i really have no useful advice xD (I better hit that little arrow on the top left of my browser xD)
[/quote]

I'm really not, I can never go through with telling a girl that I like them, it's just not something that I can do.

She doesn't really seem to, she seems to have a lot of guy friends on facebook.

And I do constantly hint it, she was telling me once that she needed to lose weight, I told that her body looked perfect... I like chubby girls so it all works out anyway, lol. But it all will add up, I may not be able to approach a girl and ask her out, but my hints that I do give are defiantly no subtle.

And yes, you were helpful. ^_^

[quote name='Coyote Starrk' timestamp='1322064172' post='5661153']
I imagine she has a lot of things going on. Being that you have her adress, If you feel it is necessary, go to her house and see if she's home. There is a possibility that she is out of the country due to Thanksgiving and such and she does not have a phone that works internationally. She'll be fine.
[/quote]

Yeah, if may be possible that she has a lot going on, but doubt that she's out of the country. She is posting things to her facebook via mobile, so I know she is checking her phone. Idk, I'll probably text her when I get off of work tonight.

[quote name='TwinSeed' timestamp='1322018380' post='5660525']
[/quote]

Yeah I share this feeling too :/

This girl named kayley that I've always had something for ever since we met.. like two years ago

But her mum doesn't let her hang out with guys and all, but my high school semi formal is coming up, and I ended up asking her to go with me. So far no feedback, but its only beed two days.

Eh...

Man, it's been almost 5 days and, and I still can't stop thinking about her. I don't think I said anything wrong to her. I didn't know that someone that makes me smile so much could make me so empty right now. I don't believe on God, but she makes me want to start praying. I'm just feeling too depressed over something that's probably nothing. Ugh, my stomach is knots. I've never had feelings like this before... I don't think I'm that bad of a guy, I'm so nice to her its ridiculous...

She couldn't even reply to a "happy thanksgiving"...

[quote name='Sin Aura' timestamp='1322205520' post='5664260']
Man, it's been almost 5 days and, and I still can't stop thinking about her. I don't think I said anything wrong to her. I didn't know that someone that makes me smile so much could make me so empty right now. I don't believe on God, but she makes me want to start praying. I'm just feeling too depressed over something that's probably nothing. Ugh, my stomach is knots. I've never had feelings like this before... I don't think I'm that bad of a guy, I'm so nice to her its ridiculous...

She couldn't even reply to a "happy thanksgiving"...
[/quote]

If you did anything wrong, it was probably sending loads of texts to her when she didn't reply to the first one.

You seem kind of clingy and obsessive. Just chill and it'll work out.

Well, I only text her once a day so I don't come off as a complete creeper, if she doesn't respond I let it go for the day.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If she isn't grounded and it is out of the ordinary for her to not text you, something extremely odd must have come up... or what I really want to say is, maybe she thinks you're a creeper. Sorry, that was my best guess. My other guess is that she might just be afraid of being in a relationship.

Those 2 conclusions were probably highly inaccurate... I hope.

[quote name='Oh My Anubis!' timestamp='1322242711' post='5664700']
f she isn't grounded and it is out of the ordinary for her to not text you, something extremely odd must have come up... or what I really want to say is, maybe she thinks you're a creeper. Sorry, that was my best guess. My other guess is that she might just be afraid of being in a relationship.

Those 2 conclusions were probably highly inaccurate... I hope.
[/quote]

No, I don't think she's grounded at all, her facebook would have said so, lol.

But I was thinking that she might have told her parents about me and her parents told her not to text me anymore because I'm two years older than her... I don't know...

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1322246835' post='5664877']
My friend went through the same thing but the age difference was just a bit wider and she really wasn't into him at all.

If she really thinks you're a creeper, she's being overly sensitive.
[/quote]

When I turn 20 though, she's gonna still be 17... It's gonna make it seem like I'm three years older, and that won't look good for her, at least I don't think.

Also, I agree with you on the creeper thing.

[quote name='Sin Aura' timestamp='1322245954' post='5664835']
No, I don't think she's grounded at all, her facebook would have said so, lol.

But I was thinking that she might have told her parents about me and her parents told her not to text me anymore because I'm two years older than her... I don't know...
[/quote] Yep, I don't think that she is ignoring you because she herself thinks you're a creep, but I think that her parents probably do.

[quote name='Oh My Anubis!' timestamp='1322252325' post='5665081']
That a Yep, I don't think that she is ignoring ou because she herself thinks you're a creep, but I think that her parents probably do.
[/quote]

I'm just really hoping that when I do start talking to her again she has a good explanation for not talking (I'm not speaking in an arsehole way, but you get what I'm saying).

I'm just going to stop texting her in general and wait for her to text me, that is, if she can...

• 2 weeks later...

Megabump!

Well, I've been talking to her again. Apparently, she's she's just been ignoring everyone's texts, and furthermore, I'm going to sound stupid, but, I put her number in my new phone wrong.

I told her that I like her on one of those "truth is" statuses on facebook. She seemed super surprised, and now she like wants to hang out with me, like really bad. I know for a fact that she likes me back, even though she hasn't said it yet. We've been texting back and forth for the last two days, it's awesome.

But there's just one problem. My sister's friend hooked me up with one of her friends, now I got two girls to deal with and choose which one I like better. I'm a little lost on what to do, but I think that I have it figured out.

Anyway, there's an update.

Archived