Ritual Cards. 2/?

Worm Victory

Im liking the whole "ritual card" deal and might make a few more!

[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/63/140941.jpg[/img]

[center]Lore:[/center]
[center]This card is used to Ritual Summon "Infason, Blazing Guardian". You must also Tribute monsters from the field whose total Levels equal 8 or more. If this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard: Inflict 700 points of damage to your opponent.[/center]

[img]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/63/140941.jpg[/img]

[center]Lore:[/center]
[center]This card can only be Ritual Summoned with "Infernal Conjuring". When this card is Ritual Summoned: Inflict 1000 points of damage plus an additional 500 for each monster your opponent controls. When this card leaves the field: inflict 100 points of damage for each card on the field and in each players hand, to your opponent.[/center]

Rituals are like my #1 favorite monsters right now, so sure, I'll give this one a shot.

Nothing really special about the Ritual Magic Spell. There is a reason why Gishkis are the pre-dominant "Ritual Archetype" right now, and that's because their Ritual Spell can return back to the Deck to grab back a Ritual from the Graveyard, just in case it gets destroyed in battle or by a card effect. With that being said, a generic burn effect, while appropriate for the theme of the cards, isn't really re-defining as far as Ritual Spells go.

For the actual monster itself, The burn effect seems...okay. I mean 1000 + 500 per monster seems a bit bland. Burn effects really aren't popular anymore. I'm hoping the last part of the effect is not a typo, where it might be "1000 damage" instead of "100 damage", because if it is, it's near CED Brokenness. If it's 100, then it's not going to cut it in terms of burn damage. Maybe bump it up to 200.

I looked at your signature, so I guess I'll give up what you truly desire right now.

The rating: 7/10

How this card can be used: It probably won't be, unless you give the Ritual Spell Card a recycling effect.

How effective it is: Not very effective, considering there are far better Rituals out there.

Whether it is OP or not: Not likely. Burn effects aren't usually placed in the OP Category, unless it's CED burn-worthy. And that's the #1 Broken Card in the YGO Universe.

for the ritual, the burn part upon summoning is very well done

as for the burn upon leaving the field however, I'm a bit unsure.

Certainly it could be much, but usually you won't really have that many cards in the hand

as for on the field, that's a different matter, that's why upping it to 200 might be considered too easy OTK set up

Well, the ritual is rather bland, but I don't focus on the spell when it comes to rituals, unless it's horrible under or over-powered.
As for the monster, the first effect is handy, but the second is what bothers me. It isn't very much damage, I'd put it up to 200, although I'd then limit it to when it's destroyed instead of just leaving the field.
I'd say 7.5/10, seeing the rituals that can be used, this one is about average.

Archived