Gemini Week Day 1 (Elemental Hero Neos Alius)

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111003214537/yugioh/images/e/e0/ElementalHERONeosAliusLCGX-EN-ScR-1E.jpg[/img]

For those of you who haven't been familiar with Gemini Monsters at this point, allow me to briefly explain how they work. Gemini Monsters are similar to Toon, Union, Spirit, and the newer Tuner monsters as they are a subtype of monster. These Gemini Monsters are (at first) Normal Monsters while they exist on the field after you first Summon them. If you want their effects, you will have to use a Normal Summon on them after they have already hit the field, which is called a "Gemini Summon" (or "Second Summon" in the OCG.) They also are Normal Monsters while in your Graveyard, so you can bring them back using a card such as "Birthright" or "Silent Doom" if you wish as they benefit from being Normal there. Also, seeing as they have great stats, their effects being just as amazing helps their cause greatly.

Initially, when they were introduced in [i]Tactical Evolution[/i] and later gained some support in [i]Gladiator's Assault[/i], they were mostly dismissed due to their slow style of play, and since there were so few cards that could really help them, most of them were easily considered garbage at that time. But all that had changed by the time the Structure Deck [i]Warrior's Strike[/i] was introduced, which gave Geminis some much needed speed to their arsenal with the Equip Spell Supervise, as well as some new and powerful monsters such as Featherizer, Evocator Chevalier, Gemini Soldier, and the big guy of the Deck, Phoenix Gearfried. They even got a "Tuner" in the form of Tuned Magician and a brutal new Synchro Monster called Black Brutdrago in the booster pack [i]Stardust Overdrive[/i]. They were even given new purpose alongside the Normal Monsters of the "Gem-Knight" arsenal, giving the Gems access to some very powerful cards. As of now, they can still be played among the best tiered decks despite it's untiered status in this format.

We may as well start off Gemini Week with the actual first Gemini monster: Elemental HERO Neos Alius. I guess this would be the most common Gemini used among any sort of Deck thanks to Omni-Heroes and other decks revolving around him. And also having a 1900 beater (whose name can become Neos mind you) isn't terrible either.

Discuss.

Geminis :D

One of my favorite archetypes.

Neos alius is very good, not because of it's effect - but EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT IT. It's a HERO. It's light. It can make itself a neos. It's a gemini. It's treated as a normal monster in many places. It's a warrior. And it has excellent stats to back it up. It's just so searchable and so spamable. Definitely one of the better geminis.

It has possible the most consistent Gemini engine in the game that has access to a wreck-and-draw card, a revival card that also wrecks weaker monsters, and has access to all the omni-Heroes (the Shining possible being the most important), which can all be accesed through Miracle Fusion and Super Poly, possible stealing your opponent's monsters while dropping big, buffy beaters at the same time with Super Poly.

It's 1 of my favourite monsters in the entire game when it comes playability.

[quote name='Guardian Ceal' timestamp='1322404281' post='5669333']
DUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

HEROes=This, stratos, and ocean. Only main deck ones used in "HERO" decks.
[/quote]

You haven't run Gate Heroes, have you?

Other than Stratos, it's the best non-Fusion Hero.

Also, why do a "Gemini week" when the only really competitive Geminis are this, Crusader and Evocator? The Gem-Knights are still rather sub-par.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1322408627' post='5669418']Voltic, Heat and Ice Edge are all viable in Gate Heroes. Ice Edge is also viable in Miracle.[/quote]

Omni-Heroes are vicious even for being a deck that's three formats old.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1322406550' post='5669369']
Also, why do a "Gemini week" when the only really competitive Geminis are this, Crusader and Evocator? The Gem-Knights are still rather sub-par.
[/quote]

I'm not doing this because I think they're competitive. Sure, there are only a few Geminis out there that are meta worthy. To me, the reason I did this is because I found Geminis to be a fun deck to use and everytime I did use them, I had so much fun. So it's more or less a look back at the history of Gemini monsters and/or a tribute to Geminis really.
OT: HERO Blast is a good card to pair with this. Seems obvious, but it should be burned into you mind should you decide to play around with Geminis.

Archived