[2DUAL] "Exhalted Gear"s - Hand Revealing Archtype

2Dual

All monster are LIGHT but can differ in type.
The archtype revolves around revealing cards in your hand to activate certain effects, which often concern monster in different play zones (hand, field, deck, graveyard, ...) with the same name, Level, attribute, etc.
Only 3 cards so far.

[img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6894/exgearrumblehawk.png[/img]
You can reveal LIGHT monster(s) in your hand (other than this card) whose total Levels equal 6: Special Summon this card (from your hand). When a LIGHT monster in your hand is revealed by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 monster in your Graveyard with the same name as the revealed monster.

[img]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4816/exgearproudlancer.png[/img]
When a LIGHT monster you control is destroyed by battle: You can reveal this card in your hand; Draw 1 card. You cannot reveal any other cards during the turn you activate this effect. If this card would be banished by a card effect your opponent controls: Add it to your hand instead.

[img]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/516/exgearjabberwock.png[/img]
1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner LIGHT monster(s)
Once per turn: You can reveal 1 lIGHT monster in your hand; Add 1 LIGHT monster from your Deck to your hand with the same Level as the revealed monster. When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card: You can return this card you control to your Extra Deck; Negate the activation, and destroy that card. Then, Special Summon 1 Synchro Material monster used to Synchro Summon this card.

I love the "realisticness" of these cards XD

Rumble Hawk - Interesting Special Summon conditions, and sets up for Quick Synchro. Very sure there would be several light decks that will take full advantage of it but with some moderate difficulty. Lightworns may be able to run it, but not so effectively, fableds can run this card without a problem, and maybe even some fairies will have a nice new tech.

Proud Lancer - Decent draw effect, decent stats, and the perfect target for that Synchro you made.

Jabberwock - Powerfully balanced card with interesting game play O_o. Nuke the field with JD, then summon Fabled Raven, Synch into this guy. OR Agent of Mystery + some light Fairies, OR some other interesting way of Synchroing into this guy. Hmm....I wonder if it's REALLY balanced now....

you say hawk could be summoned with moderate difficulty by common decks, which is fair to me, but i wonder if it would be too much if i said "whose total levels equal 6 [u]or more[/u]"?
i guess i like the fact that the synchro guy may be borderline to be op, but i guess it cannot be said to be so by now, maybe when i'll get more into expanding the archtype.
thanks a lot, btw.

Actually, I think the fact that you didn't put it as "whose total levels equal 6 or more" was the right thing to do. If not, Then Vylon can abuse this card, Lightsworns can abuse this card, Fableds can abuse this card, Agents can abuse this card, etc. It makes it far more playable AND a free 2000 ATK monster. That's something to be careful about.

[quote name='Lupin Canis Timberwolf' timestamp='1322685744' post='5676679']
Rumble Hawk - Interesting Special Summon conditions, and sets up for Quick Synchro. Very sure there would be several light decks that will take full advantage of it but with some moderate difficulty. Lightworns may be able to run it, but not so effectively, fableds can run this card without a problem, and maybe even some fairies will have a nice new tech.
[/quote]

Because Lightsworn / Fableds / Fairies (obviously Agents) run cards that make you reveal a card(s) in your hand. No, really. LS / Fableds / Fairies wouldn't run this because of the fact that they do not have a card that reveals cards in your hand to activate its second effect. Now, if 2Dual didn't change the original effect, THEN it could be considered as tech in the decks you mentioned.

Honestly, I liked Rumble Hawk better when it had a Machina Fortress esque Summoning effect. Mostly because of the fact that it's really the only ace of this theme you have going on here, but I guess in the long run (meaning when more cards are made) it [i]could be [/i]considered broken. Anyways, you really should change its Summoning effect to "whose total levels equal 6 or more". Makes its Summoning a little bit more consistent.

Really good on the artwork you got there

Jabberwock is the only one who's effect is a little meh though

losing that card to the extra deck means it'll take quite a while to get it back out again, even with one of the synchro materials onto the field

yes you can say it's good for negating spell/trap activation, but it depends on the card overall

this card isn't designed to be splashed here and there in top tier decks, but just to work well in this archtype. i mean, i see your point, but the original effect was too broken imo, reveal itself to summon it would be just a free summon, while machina fortress actually requires level 8 or more, so even if you discard fortress you still need another card to SS it.
about making it 'level 6 exactly' or 'level 6 or more', i guess i'll decide after adding other cards.
about the synchro, you can actually revive rumble hawk and with its effect revive another non-tuner, but still these 3 alone won't be able to put up a proper show, as said above, so i could be reconsidering effects, stats and everything on the way.
thanks everyone, i'm glad i got critiques from different point of view, i'll keep them in mind.

[quote name='Æther Royce' timestamp='1322686756' post='5676737']
Because Lightsworn / Fableds / Fairies (obviously Agents) run cards that make you reveal a card(s) in your hand. No, really. LS / Fableds / Fairies wouldn't run this because of the fact that they do not have a card that reveals cards in your hand to activate its second effect. Now, if 2Dual didn't change the original effect, THEN it could be considered as tech in the decks you mentioned.
[/quote]

That's just the thing, those decks don't reveal, BUT this card still works well with those decks regardless. Why? Because even though those Decks don't reveal cards themselves, they can still work other ways.

Example 1:
Fableds - Reveal cards: Special Summon Hawk. Then you can discard those cards you revealed and you make revealing those cards almost like no cost at all. Then you hit in for at least 2 Synchros. Here's an even better way:

Reveal any level 4 Fabled (Grimro/Gallabas) + any level 2 Fabled (Raven/Krus) - Special Hawk. And then go into other moves. Go crazy with how many comboes or Synchros you can pull of from there.

Example 2:
Lightsworns: Ryko + any level 4 Lightsworn (Lyla/Wulf/Paladin/Monk) - Synchro for level 8 with "useless Ryko" or for the level 10 Synchro here.

Example 3:
Agents/Counter Fairies - Level 2 Fairy (Shineball) + level 4 Fairy (Honest/Agent Saturn/Bountiful/Meltiel) or 2 level 3 monsters (Venus/Marshmallon)
Either way you're still setting up field presence and can still synchro for this Light Synchro.

The card has several uses. AND in combo with level 4 monsters along with the Synchro monster, it's a pretty flexible card. If it was "level 6 or more" then it would be broken as it would be summoned far to consistently.

Archived