<<<<<<<New Xyz Mechanics: NOT YOUR EVERYDAY RANK 4>>>>>>>>

Valkyrus

[img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb278/mario1092/efea.jpg[/img]

and here's a little bonus spell:

[img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb278/mario1092/pathofenchanted.jpg[/img]

cards are all part of my Xyz archetype that is still in progress (what I want to say is that it focuses on bringing out level 10's easily and making use of xyz materials. )

Calm down, she was asking, all you had to do was point out that she needed to say something constructive then report her. Charlotte, read the Advanced Clause sticky and try to do better next time.

As for the cards, thank god the effect isn't useful much. Requiring exactly 3 monsters to be sent is what makes it bad. Otherwise, it's also bad card design. Not only is it a +1 Xyz on it's own, but it grabs stuff from the deck. Grabbing 2 level 4s would've been bad enough, but any monster? Really? Don't do it like that again, otherwise you have yourself a broken mechanic.

The Spell Card is actually interesting. The problem I see is that it's an easy to pay cost for a decent crippling effect that's one sided. The Life Gain effect is good, but the no counter traps or quickplays for your opponent is just abusive like Royal Oppression to a lesser extent.

I assume you can only Banish Level 4 monsters for its summon? Because otherwise it's be broken beyond belief.

Still, terrible card design. I like originality, but this time, the uber overpoweredness makes it overall below average.

With Tour Guides and Leviair considered staples, and its effect being able to set up graveyards in a second, this card has "ABUSE ME" all over it.

I say remake its summoning conditions to something completely different.

I sincerely apologize for the fact that I very rarely frequent this section, and that I was asking what I believed to be a simple question.
I noticed that your text was italicized, which is not the norm, and wondered why that was.
It is wrong to ask why you italicized text that normally is not italicized in real-life cards?
Oh, ZONE, do you all seriously have to write like this all the time?!?
Who in the world decided that very specific rules for posting were a good thing?!?

[quote name='Charlotte The Witch' timestamp='1323068020' post='5688041']
Who in the world decided that very specific rules for posting were a good thing?!?
[/quote]
It was tested.
It's been working.
It's also only specific on number of words and actual criticism. Even a while before posts containing only OCG corrections were warned. Your's isn't much better than that.

[quote name='Charlotte The Witch' timestamp='1323068020' post='5688041']
I sincerely apologize for the fact that I very rarely frequent this section, and that I was asking what I believed to be a simple question.
I noticed that your text was italicized, which is not the norm, and wondered why that was.
It is wrong to ask why you italicized text that normally is not italicized in real-life cards?
Oh, ZONE, do you all seriously have to write like this all the time?!?
[/quote]
Because RC was a spamhole. And unlike how the TCG is an intelligent spamhole, RC was a terrible spamhole. Intelligent spamholes are hilarious, but terrible spamholes lack humor and attractiveness.

In order to change RC to an intelligent spamhole, this was implimented. Now that this is here, we have to post constructively, in the process using examples for the opinions, such as top-tier decks of nowadays. Ultimately this results in making us all look like geniuses, even though we're all actually stupid retards. That's how the GOOD parts of the internet are supposed to work.

There's no reason not to do that.

You have a valid point, but it seems to me like the rulings could be different to different people.
For example, what specifically constitutes a word, and how would that affect a word count?
And how are you sure your sentence is making or repeating a point?
It just seems like a bit of a hassle, especially for people like me, who write short replies because I prefer to not beat around the bush and simply say what I want to say, without needing to conform to rules regarding how long my sentences have to be.
There is a difference between not having much to say, but still have it be meaningful, and not having anything meaningful to say at all.
I at least try hard to reach the 4-line minimum quota in my native roleplaying forum.

[quote name='Charlotte The Witch' timestamp='1323069645' post='5688075']
Anyways, back to the original topic, which was why the Spell Card's font is italicized.
[/quote]
That's not really a valid reason for breaking the Advanced Clause :/ If it doesn't hinder your ability to analyze the playability then you should be able to ask about more than just that one point.

Okay, so I was reading the Xyz monster's effect, and I'm very confused. Why does it even HAVE Summoning Conditions (2 Level 4 monsters) if the only way to Special Summon it is by a completely different method as indicated on the card? Chaos Number 39 has a Summoning Condition (3 Level 4 LIGHTs) and an alternate Summoning method (using only Utopia and its materials), but this Xyz monster has Materials, and then states it can't even be Summoned that way.

Ideally, I would correct the wording to follow the same pattern as Chaos Number 39. Something more like...

"This card can only be Xyz Summoned by banishing 1 monster from your Graveyard and attaching 2 monsters from your Deck with the same name as the banished monster to this card as Xyz Materials. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Send 3 cards with the same name from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card has no Xyz Materials attached, destroy it."

The main difference is, aside from making the wording involving the Summon a little clearer, it also correctly changes the errors you had regarding condition, cost, and effect. The effect to self-destruct when it has no Materials should probably be a Continuous Effect, but if you prefer it to start a chain, you can replace the comma with a colon.

As for the Spell Card, you consistently use semi-colons instead of colons. A colon indicates a Condition or Trigger, and a Semi-colon indicates costs or other actions taken before resolution.

"Pay half your Life Points to activate this card. Your opponent cannot activate Quick-Play Spells or Counter Traps. If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect: Banish this card. While this card is banished, during your Standby Phase: Increase your Life Points by 200 x the number of Xyz Materials attached to Xyz Monsters you control."

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1323067501' post='5688016']
Calm down, she was asking, all you had to do was point out that she needed to say something constructive then report her. Charlotte, read the Advanced Clause sticky and try to do better next time.

As for the cards, thank god the effect isn't useful much. Requiring exactly 3 monsters to be sent is what makes it bad. Otherwise, it's also bad card design. Not only is it a +1 Xyz on it's own, but it grabs stuff from the deck. Grabbing 2 level 4s would've been bad enough, but any monster? Really? Don't do it like that again, otherwise you have yourself a broken mechanic.

The Spell Card is actually interesting. The problem I see is that it's an easy to pay cost for a decent crippling effect that's one sided. The Life Gain effect is good, but the no counter traps or quickplays for your opponent is just abusive like Royal Oppression to a lesser extent.
[/quote]

uh, alright, it's italicized because I like it that way, the great mystery is solved .
now onto the card. I don't think you people are even understanding it.. From where exactly did you deduct it grabs any monster? It grabs 2 monsters with the same name as the banished monster. And they HAVE to be level 4, since 2 level 4 monsters are the requirement. And the cards become materials, you can't use them for anything else at the moment.

Also, the effect where it sends exactly 3 monsters is because I don't want to make something completely superior to Lavalval Chain, yet more useful than it in the kind of archetype I'm making. So it can't grab or send limited and semi-limited cards which balances it out a little.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1323071528' post='5688102']
Okay, so I was reading the Xyz monster's effect, and I'm very confused. Why does it even HAVE Summoning Conditions (2 Level 4 monsters) if the only way to Special Summon it is by a completely different method as indicated on the card? Chaos Number 39 has a Summoning Condition (3 Level 4 LIGHTs) and an alternate Summoning method (using only Utopia and its materials), but this Xyz monster has Materials, and then states it can't even be Summoned that way.

Ideally, I would correct the wording to follow the same pattern as Chaos Number 39. Something more like...

"This card can only be Xyz Summoned by banishing 1 monster from your Graveyard and attaching 2 monsters from your Deck with the same name as the banished monster to this card as Xyz Materials. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Send 3 cards with the same name from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card has no Xyz Materials attached, destroy it."

The main difference is, aside from making the wording involving the Summon a little clearer, it also correctly changes the errors you had regarding condition, cost, and effect. The effect to self-destruct when it has no Materials should probably be a Continuous Effect, but if you prefer it to start a chain, you can replace the comma with a colon.

As for the Spell Card, you consistently use semi-colons instead of colons. A colon indicates a Condition or Trigger, and a Semi-colon indicates costs or other actions taken before resolution.

"Pay half your Life Points to activate this card. Your opponent cannot activate Quick-Play Spells or Counter Traps. If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect: Banish this card. While this card is banished, during your Standby Phase: Increase your Life Points by 200 x the number of Xyz Materials attached to Xyz Monsters you control."
[/quote]

thanks for the fixes, that makes it more clear. I put in the "2 level 4 monsters" simply because it requires level 4 monsters, and so it doesn't make it seem it can be summoned with a monster of any level. (I guess another fix would be "..can only be Xyz Summoned by banishing 1 level 4 monster..." ) for more clarity.

but beside the fixes, could say a little something about the cards themselves?

I'd make it more flexible, or banish 2 monsters with the same name (like those dinosaur-dragon xyzs)
Sure, it works great in twilight, LS. But 3 is too much. It's not likely for you still having 3 monsters with the same name, indeed if you do, this card would be useless mid-late game.
I'd boost the ATK maybe to 1900. At least make it a nice beatstick while your at it, no?

[quote name='Æther Royce' timestamp='1323102279' post='5688470']
Guise, sending 3 doesn't make this card bad. In fact, it makes it batshit insane in Lightsworns. Summon this, detach Xyz Material, mill 3 Wulfs, start insane combos. NO THANKS.
[/quote]
People don't run 3 Wulfs, and the milling will most likely guarantee you don't have exactly 3 of anything when this gets out, or you'll be stuck milling your Lylas.

Archived