Holy s*** it's B.E.S. support

Hey, let's make B.E.S. good. I mean, their art. Their names. They deserve way more.

Let's break them.

B.E.S. Shining Core
Level 6 LIGHT Machine [2600/1000]
If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You cannot conduct a Normal Summon the turn you Special Summoned this card. When this card is Summoned: Put 3 Counters on it. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks or is attacked: Remove 1 counter from this card at the end of the Damage Step. If you cannot, destroy this card. This card can attack up to twice in the same battle phase.

B.E.S. Genocide Core
Level 7 DARK Machine [2500/2000]
When this card is Summoned: Put 3 Counters on it. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks or is attacked: Remove 1 counter from this card at the end of the Damage Step. If you cannot, destroy this card. Once per turn: Remove 1 Counter from this card to target 1 card on the field; Destroy it.

B.E.S. Heaven's Gate
Level 7 LIGHT Machine [2800/2000]
Special Summon (from your hand) by returning 2 “B.E.S.” or “Big Core” monsters in your Graveyard to your deck. When this card is Summoned: Put 3 Counters on it. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks or is attacked: Remove 1 counter from this card at the end of the Damage Step. If you cannot, destroy this card. Once per turn: Negate the activation of an effect that would destroy a “Boss Rush” (s) on the field, and destroy it.

B.E.S. METAL SLAVE
Level 9 DARK Machine [3000/3000]
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by its own effect, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When you control over 2 “B.E.S.” or “Big Core” Monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Summoned: Put 3 Counters on it. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks or is attacked: Remove 1 counter from this card at the end of the Damage Step. If you cannot, destroy this card. Once per turn: You can negate the activation of a Spell/Trap/Effect Monster’s Effect, and destroy it.

B.E.S. SINISTAR
Level 10 DARK Machine [3000/3000]
When this card is Summoned: Put 3 Counters on it. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks or is attacked: Remove 1 counter from this card at the end of the Damage Step. If you cannot, destroy this card. During the Damage Step, when a “B.E.S.” or “Big Core” monster you control except “B.E.S. SINISTAR” is destroyed: Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). You can control only 1 face-up “B.E.S. SINISTAR”.

The Brain
Normal Spell
Select 1 card in your deck, except “The Brain”, that includes “B.E.S.” and/or “Big Core” in its card name and/or card text, and add it to your hand.

Coreship
Field Spell
Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 “B.E.S.” or “Big Core” monster (from your hand).

Final Stage
Quick-Play Spell Card
Special Summon 1 “B.E.S.” or “Big Core” monster from your Deck. During the End Phase: Destroy it.

Destroy the Core!
Normal Trap Card
Destroy 1 face-up “B.E.S.” or “Big Core” monster you control, and 2 cards your opponent controls.

All are based on real stuff I found on Gradius Wiki.

Drop the level of Shining Core by 1.
Drop Genocide Core's ATK by 800.
Reduce Heaven's Gate's Level by 1.
Drop Slave's level by 1 and it's DEF by 1200.
Drop Sinistar's level by 3 and increase it's Defense by 1000.

Sinistar should gain the "Must be Special Summoned first by" clause and Heaven's Gate should lose said clause.

The Brain should only search B.E.S. cards, but B.E.S. should be in the name of Coreship.

If those changes are made, this deck will not only be balanced, but highly usable and compatible with the previously released monsters for the set.

But the whole point of The Brain is to be able to search Boss Rush. :(

Dunno on the Level stuff, I just wanted to make SINISTAR and METAL SLAVE cooler because they were gigantic in the games. It doesn't really make a difference either way.

Might change Genocide to 2500 or something. 2000 is a bit low for my liking, but being higher than 2700 DOES have its merits.

Well, I'm thinking of the Sinistar clause, but I want to make it a troll card.

Thanks.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1323239293' post='5692738'] But the whole point of The Brain is to be able to search Boss Rush. :( [/quote]

I think it should either not search Boss Rush or search exclusively Boss Rush, but I suppose it's up to opinion.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1323239293' post='5692738'] Dunno on the Level stuff, I just wanted to make SINISTAR and METAL SLAVE cooler because they were gigantic in the games. It doesn't really make a difference either way. [/quote]

With the Level changes, Volcasaurus and Big Eye become options for the deck, though you can keep Slave's level where it is, since his really doesn't matter besides for Trade-In purposes.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1323239293' post='5692738'] Might change Genocide to 2500 or something. 2000 is a bit low for my liking, but being higher than 2700 DOES have its merits. [/quote]

2500 Atk sounds good enough. Still a little bit powerful, but it'll do.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1323239293' post='5692738'] Well, I'm thinking of the Sinistar clause, but I want to make it a troll card. [/quote]

I can respect that.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1323239293' post='5692738'] Thanks. [/quote]

No problem.

Archived