[Finished]Deck the Halls [with Trading Cards] Holiday 2011 Contest!

Synchronized

[img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff244/InvertRemix/coollogo_com-77562549.png[/img]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]Welcome, I am your Ho-Ho-Host, Jolly Ol' Saint Nick! I've stumbled upon a time in this holiday season that sees me in great despair! As I've gone through my lists and made attempts to discover which gifts will go to which children, particularly those fond of the game of Duel Monsters, I find myself lacking several cards that were intended to go out to the kids![/i][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]I have no idea where they've gone, but all sources seem to imply it might have been one of the elves, taking the cards and leaving for his own selfish reasons! Nonetheless, I don't have time to pursue him now, for it's almost Christmas! That's why I'm coming to you instead! You see, I need the assistance of the best of the best, the card designers to come on out and partake in this contest, to create a series of cards I can use to fill the empty gift boxes that were intended for the children![/i][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]While this may be Star's first contest in over a year, he's decided to step aside to allow me to handle this one; it is a drastic event, after all![/i][/font]

[u][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]WHAT YOU MUST DO[/b][/font][/u]

[i]This is rather simple, at least for round one! This will, in fact be a two round contest, as some of our best, elite card designers will move into an even tougher competition to find the best of the best - can't let the kids down, after all![/i]
[list]
[*]Each participant submits one card: One monster card, and one Spell/Trap card to support it
[*]The Monster Card cannot be of the [b]Fiend, Insect, or Fairy[/b]-Type category.
[*]If you choose to make a Trap Card, it cannot be a [b]Counter Trap[/b]
[*]Neither card, the monster, nor the Spell/Trap support card can involve drawing card(s) from your Deck
[*]You must message both cards to me in a PM at the same time (important, I don't want to have to search through a bunch of messages, after all), and once you've done that, post here that you've officially PM'd them
[/list]
[u][b][font=comic sans ms,cursive]RULES, END TIME[/font][/b][/u]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][i][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just a few basic details here that I figure I might as well cover, so there's no confusion like we've got up here at the North Pole![/font][/i][/font]
[list]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The first round of the contest will end on Saturday, December 17th[/font][/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I will personally judge all of the cards and determine (based on the number of entrants) the top bracket. [b](Note: The top will not exceed 8, no matter how many entrants we get.[/b])[/font][/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The second round will begin the day after, Sunday, December 18th, and end on Friday, December 23rd[/font][/font]
[/list]
[b][font=comic sans ms,cursive][u]CRITERIA[/u][/font][/b]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][i][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]You will be held to some expectations for these cards! We don't want to cheap out, especially not around Christmas time! But don't worry, follow these few simple steps and it should be no problem at all![/font][/i][/font]
[list]
[*]The cards will be judged on the following:
[/list][list=1]
[*]Creativity (20%)
[*]Images (40%)
[*]Playability (20%)
[*]Balance (20%)
[/list]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]Good luck to all, and remember, this is for the children![/i][/font]

Oh, what's that? I forgot to mention the prizes?

Details on the prizes are coming soon, and will involve a few different choices depending on the actual winner, ranging from:
[list]
[*]Reps
[*]Custom Artwork
[*]For those of you who actually play IRL, prize cards may be a possibility as well if that's your choice. More on this will be explained once we've got more people, but I'm talking Photon Shockwave/Generation Force Ultras to the top 2.
[/list]

[quote name='Clear Vice Dragon' timestamp='1323201768' post='5691016']
Joining.
Does it have to be direct support?
[/quote]

Yes. The monster you create must be mentioned on the Spell/Trap Card, in some way. As in

[quote]Target 1: "Example A"; etc.[/quote]

[quote name='~Hero of Sky~Link' timestamp='1323201942' post='5691020']
Love to join as well
[/quote]

Alright, awesome.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1323278426' post='5693197']
If one were to make a card that can treat itself as another (An example of an already existing card being Neos Alius) would the support card be able to support the card that the monster treats itself as (Such as Wrath of Neos)?
[/quote]

Essentially, you have to be able to use it with the monster you create. So yes, if you're asking what I think you are, you could make something that becomes something else, and then a support card that supports that card, or it's (something else), as long as there is a way you could use the two cards together.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived