Vexis: The World Void of Land (IC/Accepting) [PG-16]

[center][b][u]IC:[/u][/b] http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/271392-vexis-the-world-void-of-land-not-startedaccepting-pg-16/[/center]

Most people who found themselves at the world famous Norisda pub were smugglers or just plain drunks. Or, at least, this is how Markus saw it. Although he thought little of the people who went there often, he went there often anyway. Although, he wasn't there to drink his brains out or get some drugs, but rather to get a job. A job on a sky-boat(which was getting increasingly more difficult due to more people settling in towns, including many of the captains who were hiring.). Strangely, Markus had a feeling that he might get lucky, but before he could believe himself his mind reminded him that luck is but a silly way to make people more confident. And so he sat in the back of the pub, watching the door and waiting for someone to come in. Anyone.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seida got out of bed after waking from a nightmare, which had involved her Skyboat getting hit by Lightning and plummeting down into eternity, She then said "Good lord, What a Nightmare!". She ate breakfast and cared for her Ravens, including her extremely large Raven that she used as a Skyboat, before donning her usual robes to go out. Seida kept her face hidden within the shadows of her robes to keep people from involving her in more and more rumors, which she did not want any part of. She went inside the Norisda pub and just sat down at a table, She looked for an Employee or a Customer...

Darc had awoken that morning with his usual mood. He had gotten out of bed feeling like he always did. He stretched himself a little and stepped up to the window in the somewhat dim room he lived in, and pulled away the curtain to let in the sun. Seemed like today would be a pretty normal day after all, and hopefully he would get a job too. Darc was low on incomes and desperately needed a job to pay the owner of the inn he was staying at, and for food suplies and such. His last job searches had obviously not gone so well. In contradiction to popular belief, Darc was no as intimidating as his appearance. But nonetheless, no one wanted to hire a person who could stare a costumer mad. No matter how Darc approached it, he couldn't help the fact that he was like he was. He had planned to go the famous Norisda pub in search of a job, maybe at the pub itself or just maybe someone else, perhaps a Skyboat captain would hire him.

Seida looked as a newcomer came into the pub, just by looking at him, she felt something in that guy, so with that, She whispered an incantation in her robe as she reached inside and pulled out her staff partially out of her robe, She kept a close eye at the newcomer, until suddenly, she was hit by a chair thrown at her, She looked to her left and saw that a Bar-fight had started to escalate. Seida sighed as she whispered an Incantation to her staff, The crest of her staff gathered darkness around the crest so it turned into an orb, then the orb dispelled, Creating 6 Ravens of Darkness which flew in front of the fighting patrons, pecking them. She then said "There is no need to fight" as her gaze met up on the two, Then they sat back down and continued to drink as the 6 ravens returned to her...

Markus was a controlled person; he knew a lost drink wasn't too much to be frustrated at, but the second a plate nearly hit his head, that's when all logic went out the door. In a swift movement, the gun he kept on his right went out of his holder and pointed at the idiot who threw the plate at him. Markus would've probably shouted a warning, but then some witch decided to summon 6 black ravens out of nowhere. One of the ravens saw his gun and proceeded to swoop down at him, wanting to nuetrilize the threat before going back to his master. However, Markus did not lower his gun, rather shouting to the woman, "look, I'm not one to go out of way to kill so, I would be very pleased if you were to call your bird back before I'm forced to pull this trigger."

Seida giggled at Markus's threat and said "Now now, Weakling, Why not put that little toy away before you really harm yourself" She glared at Markus, Her eyes glowing Violet as she used a Penetrating Gaze, That raven suddenly dropping and melding with the floor, The Patrons moving away from both Seida and Markus to get away from the Gram that she just set. She then grinned while maintaining her gaze toward Markus as she sized him up, The other patrons had already thought that another fight was about to start when Seida just simply turned around and said "You're not worth fighting little one, but I can tell in your eyes that you're looking for a job... Am I Correct?".

Darc got dressed quickly and went out on to the street. Many people he passed looked at him and whispered to themself, but it didn't bother him, he got used to it a long time ago. It was the same as he entered the pub, but then again that happened to anyone who happened to enter an overcrowded pub. He gazed over the not so cheerfull mass, with a not so impressed look. Seemed to only be bunch of drunks, well maybe not all of them, but people had no difference in Darc's eyes, except for of course gender. He moved to the bar, wanting to order something to drink before seating himself somewhere. He wasn't even halfway there before a bar-fight broke out between to drinkers, throwing the entire place into chaos. Some guy before him smashed a bottle on the edge of the table and moved to stab someone else, but Darc quickly grabbed his arm, "You don't wanna do that?" He saw the panic in the guys eyes at they met Darc's as he let him go. A few chairs came flying threw the air at Darc, but he halted them with his power and dropped them on the floor. Suddenly Darc felt a burst of energy and saw a hooded figure conjure forth a pack of dark ravens, who proceeded to silence the fighting couple by pecking on them. [i]Interesting![/i]

As Seida waited for a response from Markus, She sensed another Magic Presence in the pub, it was faint, but she could still sense it. She pulled out her staff completely out of her cloak, Which was taller than her, as some more darkness condensed around the crest, this time, Actually summoning a raven, which flew down to her shoulder. Seida spoke in an unknown language to the raven very softly, Which caused the Raven to fly around in the Pub to look for someone, until the Raven took a pretty big dump right over the Newcomer before returning to Seida, but then she scolded to the raven "I told you to find where that energy was coming from, Not Crap on it!!"...

While Markus wasn't one to be called weakling, he certainly wasn't one to let himself get too out of control. That, and a possible job offer was something he wouldn't just let go to waste. He put his gun away before announcing, "I just so happen to be." He pulled a chair from a nearby place in the bar. He proceeded to repeat the action with a minor difference. One chair was near him, one near the witch. He then took a seat, motioning for the woman whpo had just yelled at a bird(which he would've found strange, but honestly, any trace of logic was lost when ravens began to attack people in a bar.) to take a seat aswell. "Go ahead," he signaled, "I'm listening."

Seida sat down with Markus to discuss jobs, She then said "Well, I've been looking for a couple of people to help me load Mail into my Skyboat, as well as calm down the Passengers during the constant turbulence my boat has. To make things simple, I need some crew members for my Sky Boat, Especially since it's both a Mail Carrier and a Transport boat, Making rounds on my own is pretty hard, I barely make it every day. Anyway, The main people that i'm looking for is people that can help load up the Skyboat with mail... Are you in or do you have questions?"

The hooded person seemed to be talking some other guy, who had for some reason pulled a gun within all the commotion, perhaps about some job offer, Darc didn't really pay attention. Now that things had calmed down, Darc continued towards the bar and ordered a cup of mead. He turned around and leaned against the counter, once again gazing in the direction of the hooded person, who had now conjured yet another one of those strange ravens. This, however, smaller than the previous ones flew around the pub, possibly looking for someone, until it began to circulate over Darc. He didn't think much of it, until the bird for some reason decided to release a large dump over his head. He managed to stop it only inches from his head with his power and tossed it to the floor. [i]Disgusting, what's it trying to do?[/i] He frowned a bit. He heard the hooded person mention something about a skyboat and crew members, was this his change of a job? He emptied the cup and walked up to the strangers talking, "Excuse me? I couldn't help myself overhearing that you need crew members."

Seida giggled and said to the newcomer to the conversation "Oh, it's you... first off, I'm very sorry about earlier, Sometimes my Ravens don't like to do as they're told, like Oh I don't know... [i]Crapping on a Mage's head after finding One[/i]... and secondly, Yes I do need a Crew to help load my mail and stuff" She stared at him in the eyes with a gaze, Weird eyes don't phase her, as she doesn't have one herself. She started to size the Newcomer up as she already knew that he had magic powers. She got up and said to Markus and Darc "You two are gonna make some fine crew-mates, Come with me outside..."...

Mail carrier? What the hell? It's paper, it shouldn't be too difficult to pick up and put somewhere else. Especially when you're using magic. Thankfully, Markus' original response did not come out of his mouth and instead he replied, "Mail carrier? I don't know..." It was interesting to think that he would be on a boat of transportation, but that would just mean from city to city. None of that exploration he wanted. Slowly, he began to think about how the transportation could work. I mean, he would be able to go all across Vexis, seeing its many towns. Ignoring the man who had just walked into the bar and asked his employer a question, he answered, "I guess I'm in."

Seida scoffed as Markus objected about how Paper is easy to carry and stuff and said [color=#4B0082]"Not that kind of Mail Carrier you fool...".[/color] It was after a while until Seida, Markus, and (If he followed) Darc arrived at the rather large Public Skyboat Dock, most of it was brick and had a Decent Dip and Stairs on both sides. A Guard walked up to her and said "Ah yes Nightingale, You're Late for work! You have a lot of Cargo to send to Belston, Ah, Who are these guys?" [color=#4B0082]"I plan on having a Crew because the Cargo is getting too overbearing for me, even with magic these days, So i'm gonna Hire some help, These are Temporary Crew-mates."[/color] "Use the one all the way to the right, at the stairs, There will be a Lifter ready for you".

(> Among Seida's Magic is Mind Reading, so yes, it's sorta Justified <)

Seida went to the rightmost dock and started playing a soft and creepy tune on an Indigo Ocarina, after which A Giant Raven with wood Structuring around it landed on the lower portion of the Dock and laid there to load Passengers, She then said [color=#4B0082]"Welcome Newcomers, This is my Skyboat, Known to all of us as the Raven Carriage, now what we're doing here is seeing if you're worthy of being a Crew Member of this Skyboat..." [/color]She looked around and saw 10 Crates, 4 of them were huge, along with a line of Passengers... [color=#4B0082]"Your task to get the job is to carry 3 Crates each"[/color]

Markus, now understanding what he had gotten himself into, decided to take 2 of the small crates and push them simueltaniously. While the few other there stared at him while he stuggled with the two boxes, sliding them up on the ramp to the Skyboat, he knew what he had really just done. While the others had gotten a few bags or maybe one crate, Markus had gotten two. All he needed was one more crate. He picked up one of the remaining small crates, carried it over to the flying machine, and promptly took a seat. Watching as he had succesfully completed his work before everyone else and therefore had time to..... [i]dammit.[/i]

Darc followed the hooded person obediently to the docks, along with the other guy he or she had been talking to at the pub, apparently having taken the job too. the hooded person didn't seem to be intimidated by Darc stare, which was kinda surprising, but releaving at the same time. They were ordered to load 3 crates on to his or her giant raven who he or she was using as skyboat. The other guy had began loading some of the smaller crates, [i]This is no task?[/i] Darc turned at the bigger crates and smiled, [i]This is child's play.[/i] He summoned his powers once again, third time today, and used it to grab one of the bigger crates and lifted it without any complications onto the raven. One was no problem for him to carry, but three or even two of that size was to much. Althought he could use this power for many things, he wasn't used to lift or hold objects.

Seida giggled at Darc as he was exhausted rather quickly from carrying up one of the huge Boxes and said "I knew it... You're a Magus aren't you?" but her tone suddenly shifted as she used her magic to lift up the rest of the huge boxes as she said to Darc [color=#4B0082]"Don't worry, I got the rest of the big ones myself, you carry up 2 more smaller boxes"[/color] as she carried up the Huge boxes and put them inside the Raven Carriage. After doing that, She looked at Markus and said [color=#4B0082]"You're Hired... We'll Discuss your Pay while in the Carriage as we're going to Belston"[/color]...

His eyes grew wide. Markus had forgotten all about the destination. He was focused on completing the job. "Uh," he began to ask, "did you say we're going to Belston? The small town west of here?" He really didn't want to go back there, in fact, he hadn't. For eight years. It was one of the few things he found himself not ever wanting to do. His father... ugh. He didn't ever want to see that unfair, hard-working ass for the rest of his life. He questioned once more, "if that is the Belston I am thinking of, which I am almost sure it is, would there be any objections to me staying on board for our stay there?"

[i]Don't understimate me?[/i] Darc thought as he picked up the left over crates with his power, his expression growing harsher. [i]And what's a magus?[/i] He got up into the raven and placed the crates among the others, and then lokked over to the guy and the hooded person, who were talking, "Done, happy?" His tone was rather sarcastic, maybe not the best way to approach a employer, but he felt mildly ridiculed. He then calmed himself, [i]There are more than one way for me to prove my worth using this power.[/i] The hooded person seemed to close the deal with the guy, and saying something about Belston. Darc had never given much thought to the other cities or villages besides Norisda in Vexis, at least not since the accident.

Seida looked at Markus and said in response to his question [color=#4B0082]"It is, and You can, as long as you help load and unload the Raven Carriage..."[/color] Then came Darc's mental question, She then said telepathically to Darc [color=#4B0082][i]"If I have to tell you again, I'd have to punch you in the face, A Magus is a Magic User from where I come from... I forgot to mention, You're Hired" [/i][/color]She smirked as she urged the Passengers as well as Darc and Markus onto the Raven Carriage, which all of the Passengers complied, going to the bottom portion of the Skyboat. She then said to Markus and Darc [color=#4B0082]"You two, follow me..." [/color]as she climbed into the Skyboat's bottom portion...

Markus took a small sigh of relief. It wasn't that he was afraid to meet his family again, it's that he really wasn't fond of them.(Including his father.) At all. He stood up, streching a bit before following the raven magic woman down into the depths of the Skyboat. In his mind, it could be considered a journey, but a rather small, pointless, and bland one. Not to mention, leaving you with that feeling that you just did nothing. Oh wait, you didn't. You walked down some stairs. Good job overachiever, good job. In all seriousness, Markus was a bit interested to go down there. A crappy journey was, sadly, still a journey, and he wasn't good at declining those.

Seida saw that Darc wasn't paying attention and dragged him by the ear. As Seida walked past the Passengers with Markus following her, She went into another room that seemed small and empty to Markus's eyes, but this room was actually so much more than that to Seida, and possibly Darc. She wedged a few of Markus's fingers into her hand and used her other hand, containing some sort of weird tatoo, to touch the wall on the other side of the door, This teleported Seida, Markus, and Darc to the Cockpit of her Skyboat, which contained nothing more than a Pedestal. After letting go of Markus and Darc, She put her Tatooed hand on the Pedestal, Which glowed purple with the Raven Crest as she said [color=#4B0082][i][b]"Belston"[/b][/i][/color], to which The Raven Carriage took off...

On the path to Belston, Seida Pulled out a Table and 3 chairs from her Robes, after sitting down herself, she then said [color=#4B0082]"Sit Please, We need to discuss about your pay, but I have to ask..." [/color]Seida pulled down her hood to reveal her face [color=#4B0082]"What are your Names?"[/color]...

He quickly sat down, paying little attention to the mage that sit aside him. In most cases, he would've questioned a lot of the magical things going on, but he didn't care right now. He had just pushed three crates onto a Skyboat powered by a giant raven after going with a woman who sent a bird to go and take a large poo on someone. Logic, to him, was dead. "Markus, Markus Hundar," he replied, slouching a bit in his chair, "yours?" He was lacking of his boss' name, and he predicted that not having that in the future could possibly get him fired. Literally.

Seida then said [color=#4B0082]"I really prefer to be called only by my last name, but for formality's sake... My name is Seida Nightingale, Perhaps you two have heard of me?" [/color]She then said after a slight change of tone [color=#4B0082]"But enough about me, Lets discuss you guy's wages... If I had Employees, I would Pay per Trip, Makes things very simple for me... Hmmmm.... Any Suggestions!?"[/color] Seida had a hard time thinking, She couldn't remember what money here was called, Dollars? No, Gold Pieces? Maybe so...

Darc had no reason not to oblige to the hooded persons rude treatment, even if it made him want to pay back with equal means, so he just simply stayed quite the whole walk into the skyboat and into the cockpit. He sat down and was taken back a bit by the revelation that the hooded person was infact a woman, [i]Really interesting.[/i] He listened to what the others had to say, [i]So your name is Markus? Noted.[/i] He looked back at Seida, "My name is Darc Artamundo, pleasure miss Nightingale, and as for payment I'm satisified if I get any". Darc had a overconfident smile on his face and leaned carelessly on his chair, waiting for Seida's reply.

Archived