Vexis: The World Void of Land (IC/Accepting) [PG-16]

Seida Giggled at Darc as he formally introduced himself to her and said that 'Any Payment will do', She then said [color=#4B0082]"Sadly Darc, I'm not exactly familiar to these areas, Lets see what Markus over there asks for[/color]..." Seida was still waiting for Markus's Response. As she was waiting, She telepathically Spoke to Darc [i][color=#4B0082]"You really don't mind how much I pay you? Well, I may end up giving you the same Pay as Markus over there... But in the meantime, I'm going to give you a Key..." [/color][/i]After speaking to Darc Telepathically, She started to Quietly chant a spell [color=#4B0082][b][i]"Avies Nou Kouva, Darkus Artamundo Aviellies Takrou Oun Garmus Kyrous!" [/i][/b][/color]Which after chanting, Her Family Crest appeared, Which was an Eyeless Black Purple Raven, 3 Purple Fireballs then Appeared at the 3 tips of the crest, then shot towards Darc, hitting his right Palm, which embedded the crest into his right palm, although it wasn't large enough to be noticeable...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[i]A key, what for?[/i] Darc silently studied the crest that had now taken form in his palm, sorta like a tattoo. Darc had little to none understanding of the kinds of magic that were out there in the world. It didn't interested him. And Seida wasn't the firts person to label him as some sort of magic user, but Darc wouldn't explain what he could do as magic. In fact, not even himself could explain this power, nor its origin. He lifted his gaze from his hand back to the talking duo, [i]Wonder if this mean I can finally leave this place?[/i]

Markus thought for about a minute before simply saying, "25 Aurumians. For one trip." It seemed fair enough to him. 50 Aurumians for two trips in which he loaded and unloaded a Skyboat. There wasn't much complexity to this job, in fact, the only other things he could do would be to calm down passengers. That would be a challenge. Markus was very truthful when he said something and, over the years, he had noticed that people do not like the truth, but rather, pretend to. It was a strange concept to him, but strange and unnecessarily paranoid summed up how he looked at the human race.

Seida Giggled as Markus said his offer, She then said to him [color=#4B0082]"I was thinking 40 Aurumains per trip, This job isn't that simple, There is an Occasional Pirate Raid I face once in every few trips, Trust me, They're fun, but not so fun at the same time[/color]..." at the same time, She telepathically spoke to Darc [color=#4B0082][i]"The Key on the palm of your right hand allow you to travel between parts of the Skyboat using the Teleportation Grams on the Skyboat, After engraving the Key into Markus's hand, I'll show you both how to use the Key..."...[/i][/color]

[i]I see[/i], Darc thought to Seida's respond, "I'll accept that payment, and as for pirates, no need to worry about them, they won't be a problem around me." An evil smile appeared on Darc's face, but it wasn't that visible behind his hair, that hung in front of his face. "When do we start working?" He felt as if a new chapter had begun in his life, and he wanted to start working as soon as possible. Ever since his accident, Darc had only tried to get a job so he could leave this city, and now the chance for just that was right before him. Darc looked to Marcus, waiting for what he would say.

Markus' offer was raised. Although he knew how pointless this currency was and how it was only given power by those who supported it, it was what most supported, making rebellion against it futile. In short terms, more money was always good, especially when you're given more than what you ask. "I'm happy with it. Are we almost about to unload?" He found that it would be helpful information. Of course, in his point of view, you needed your allies close, your employers closer, and your family as far away as possible.

Seida Giggled and said [color=#4B0082]"we'll see about that when they come... I almost forgot... Time for his key..."[/color] after speaking, she started to chant another spell [color=#4B0082][b][i]"Avies Nou Kouva, Marukus Hundar Aviellies Takrou Oun Garmus Kyrous!" [/i][/b][/color]which after chanting the spell, Her family crest appeared again, with purple fireballs at the tips again, This time, The Fireballs Shot at Markus's Right hand, Embedding the crest into Markus's Palm. Just like Darc's crest, it was too small to be noticeable...

He wasn't against magic. Markus was perfectly fine with the damned thing. In fact, it's not that the lady had just used magic that bothered him. It was that she used magic to put something into him. "What the hell did you just do?" he asked, clearly showing some frustration. In his defence, he had no idea what had just gone into him. For all he knew, he had a day and a half to live because of an infection caused by the purple dots chant which would slowly eat away at his life until he would die coughing up blood in his home town. That, or it was something else and far less depressing.

Seida then said to Markus [color=#4B0082]"Your worries are a tad pointless Markus, All I did was embed a Gram key into your Right Hand, Without one, you can't even leave this room, If it was going to hurt in any way, you would have already been dead..." [/color]She giggled a bit as she walked towards the door of the cockpit and closed her eyes, The 3 Grams of at the entrance to the Cockpit were now Visible to Markus and Darc, She then said [color=#4B0082]"In order for you to use the Grams on this Skyboat, all you need to do is place your Keyed hand, in both of your cases, Your Right Hand, on the gram, You will instantly teleport to a part of the ship based on what gram you touch, Like if you Touch the Gram to your Right, You will be taken to the Cargo area, I suggest not touching the Left Gram of the Cockpit, The Right Gram of the Passenger Area, or the Front Gram of the Cargo Area, It will take you outside the Ship..."[/color]...

[i]A very useful way of transport, and easy too.[/i] Darc studied the mark on his hand while listening to Seida's explanation. [i]So, just press the hand on the mark, and you're trasnported, no questions asked?[/i] Seemed a little to easy in fact, no drawbacks at all? "I have to admit, this teleportation system you've got going is quite impressive, but I have to ask, are there no side effects at all when using this?" It wasn't that he did not trust Seida, like Marcus with the whole mark thing, which was sorta understandable, but that he had seen one too many accidents in his life not be too careful. He lightly brushed away some straws of his hair from his face and looked at Seida.

Seida then Replied to Darc's question [color=#4B0082]"Aside from your Gram Key Growing a little each time you use it, there is no side effects to this method of transportation, I had to use it a lot when I was a kid... so..." [/color]Seida unwrapped her right hand which was bandaged to hide her key, Normal people would freak at the size of Seida's Key, which not only covered her entire palm, but had different Marks than the keys that Darc and Markus had, which took the form of her family crest surrounded in a triangle that was piercing 3 more Triangles, That same Triangle Mark was also on the back of her hand without the family crest. To her family, This would be a Mark of a "Master Key". She then continued [color=#4B0082]"I almost forgot, you can cover your key with a glove and still use it if people are noticing them, The only real downside i can think of when it comes to Gram Keys is that they are painful to remove..."[/color]

Markus wasn't truly interested in what his co-worker and boss had to say. It didn't interest him at all. What he was waiting for was for the chance to get on Belston as soon as possible so they could get away from Belston as soon as possible. It was a simple concept, really. "So," he began to ask, "when will we be hitting Belston?" He'd been on a Skyboat before and the landings were usually smooth, but the ones he had been on were only him or a few other people. This was a huge ship, he was a little interested to know what was going to happen with this baby landed.

In general, piloting a Skyboat is never an easy task. There are many things that would have to be done before the ship could even set sail, not to mention the multitude of tasks while the ship is in motion. Of course, most Skyboats have a crew of more than one person. Not so Kesi's boat.
She directed the ship carefully in the direction of Belston, her first stop. She flew at a far slower pace then a regular Skyboat, but since she was the lone passenger, she couldn't help that. Though she did intend to recruit at least one person in Belston.
Looking around, she didn't see many other Skyboats. The few she saw headed back towards Norisda, having completed their deliveries and bringing home goods from Belston. Kesi couldn't wait until she too returned with similar goods to her father. Then he might approve of her 'wasting' money to buy a Skyboat. It wasn't as if she'd spent all of her savings. Just most.
Her cargo is simple. Plentitudes of fresh milk, kept cool in the lowest level of her boat. Plenty of wool that could be woven for clothes. And some of the wheat and bread that her father made. Simple beginnings, to Kesi. She could see far broader possibilities if her first trip went well.

Thar wasn't too far from his next target. A day's foot travel was enough to have him crash onto the nearest boulder for a quick nap, and by quick, he meant one helluva power nap. No more, no less than ten minutes is what it took to get his semi-light hump back on his shoulders and proceed closer to his destination. Occasionally he would reach to scratch an itch on his lower back and more often behind his right knee. The air tingled inside his brown leathery trench coat while his torn up hat attempted to escape his grasping skull several times to the cross breeze.

"This better be worth a new goddamn hat." he mumbled in another struggle to keep his sagging pants up. Despite his many breaks, his legs started to fall asleep from the constant walking. Pretty soon, he needed to sit down one last time before the town he saw in the distance could become life-sized. In his bag where he carries his rifle was a few munchies for the road, which he slipped through the fine fabric sleeves out of temptation, taking a bite and savoring the flavor that danced along his taste buds.

A few more steps and Thar found himself face to face with the town. This was the place, but his target was nowhere in sight. Who was he kidding, though? All Thar was thrived to kill this person for was a rumor leaking out in the previous town. It was said that this person was filthy rich and on probation. He was forbidden to spend his money on any form of property that exceeded the value of a used horse, which means his only possible form of lodging was the inn. Thar's pace shifted into a casual stride while he kept his bag statute on his shoulder. His revolver was hidden in his coat in case of an unexpected encounter, but he found doubt in that sort of situation, for he was close. He needed a night sleep anyway, so he payed the receptionist and went up to his room.

With knowledge of the man's whereabouts from the receptionist, Thar was lucky to have been on the floor above him on the other side. He settled in and put his stuff against the wall, pulling out his rifle and moving out a good distance behind the hotel, where only windows saw him set up behind the trees. Taking aim, the man had his window open for air to come in, which was good. He was on his chair, drinking beer like a merry man, then soon the beer dropped from his hands as the sound of a gunshot ended his life.

Thar took a moment for the kill to sink in, calmly re-packing his rifle and strutting back to his room, where he peacefully slept through the sound of screams and chaos.

Seida then said [color=#4B0082]"We'll be here soon, Take the Right Gram and head into the Cargo Storage Area, I will help you two after dealing with the Passengers"[/color] She giggled as she touched the Front Gram of the room, Which she Disappeared in an instant...

Seida appeared in the Passenger area and said [color=#4B0082]"We are almost to Belston, So be sure you have everything you've brought here with you and stay seated until the Raven Carriage has come to a full halt!"[/color] Seida waited for a moment...

The Giant Raven Powering the Raven Carriage saw the town of Belston and prepared to land at the Dock, flying past a few skyboats going to and from Belston, almost crashing into a small Skyboat (Kesi's) above it. After reaching the dock and landing on it, Seida directed the Passengers out with ease...

When the Raven Carriage nearly rammed into her ship from below, Kesi swerved dangerously to the side and up.
"God almighty." she mumbled, glancing over the side. Below and in front of her, another Skyboat - no, it was a massive raven with structure all over it - coasted in to dock at Belston.It was rather large, larger than most of the ravens Kesi had ever seen. It was larger than her skyboat too, so that confused her somewhat. Never the less, she swerved back towards the dock, and slowly came down next to the offending vessel. It was probably the next best spot on the dock, one that would get her out fairly easily.
Kesi sighed. Skyboats weren't as easy to pilot as she mde out to her father. Especially when she was alone. It was easier when she had others at her side.
She wandered down to her cargo hold, with the milk, wool and bread. "Almighty." she murmured, glancing at her things. They were alright, and the milk was still fresh and cool. However, she would have to get it back up to the main deck, then get off her skyboat and wander off to some shop to sell it. All before it started going off.
"Milk first, bread second, wool last." she chanted softly, putting the milk carefully in a large basket. She picked the basket itself up gently, and headed for the stairs leading to the main deck. She wasn't sure how quickly she'd get off the ship. But she was confident she could deliver her milk to a shop nearby quickly. Despite the weight of the basket.

Seida just sighed, her workers were starting to slack off on their first day on the job, After she guided the passengers off the Raven Carriage, She put on her hood and started using her Magic to pick up a couple huge boxes to unload them. After Unloading just 2 of the boxes to the Belston guards, ones she knew contained Building Materials and tools, She was given a total of 400 Aurumains for delivering those 2 boxes, then she unloaded the other 2 Huge Boxes, which only 1 contained tools and such, The other one contained some sort of weaponry, Cannons, Primitive guns, all the stuff she was disgusted by, The Guards took them and gave her 700 more Aurumains for her work, She felt bored and decided to explore the city, but decided to not go very far. She then chanted as her Family crest appeared on the ground [color=#4B0082][b][i]"Avielles Garmous Teleporos Temporus Mielvous!"[/i][/b][/color] A temporary gram was formed on the ground near the Raven Carriage, allowing her to be free to explore the city to her heart's content, her eye was set on a young woman who she felt was having trouble getting up the stairs with a basket full of milk bottles that was filled with milk, Seida casually walked up to her and asked [color=#4B0082]"Do you need any help miss?"[/color] as she extended a hand to her...

Although he was ultimately doing little, he did do some. Box push out, walk, box push out, walk, sit. Markus trapped himself inside The Raven Carriage. Having very little to do. He pondered over a few things that he had been wondering for quite some time. "What's at the bottom of Vexis?", where is the nearest place to sleep?", and, of course, "should I be a more social person?" The other two were ones he had both tried to solve, but had only succeeded at one. He knew that bottom was just like the rest, losts of air. He had never tried being social. It was something he never truly understood. It was then he saw ......Drac? Dar? Markus didn't care about the name, instead pointing at the kid and saying, "hey! You! You look like a social person. How does one be social?"

Darc followed Marcus's example and started picking up a few boxes with his power and carrying them out to the dock. He went back in to fetch some more when Marcus dropped the question on him, "Excuse me?" Darc first thought he was joikng, but then saw the seriousness in his face. "You think I look like a social person?" He let out a small chuckle. "I don't know if you've noticed, but my appearance doesn't really impose comfort." He grabbed another box and proceeded to lift it up with his power and walked outwards with it, "Sorry pal, cannot help you." [i]How does one be social? Yeah it would be something if I could answer that question.[/i] He placed the box next to the others and looked at the town. [i]So this is Belston? Nice place. Wonder where Seida went?[/i]

Refreshed after a good night's sleep in the inn, Thar awoke with his plan still in effect. He knew the guy he killed would be brought to the hospital before he woke up, but knowing the crime he committed, the place was likely to be taped up and void of residence. He packed his things and set off for the room, sliding down the rail for a flight of stairs and striding down the hallway to where the man took his last rest. As usual, the place was taped up, and the door was open for investigators to easily access the facility. Thar took this chance to duck under the tape and into the room and, sure enough, there was a wallet left unattended. Thar didn't bother putting gloves on, for he was already an outlaw, and opened the wallet to find only the man's ID missing. Foolish detectives only cared about who the man was, not what he left behind. Thar smiled, pocketing whatever money was in the wallet, which was more than half the population of Norisda combined. After he turned to leave, he heard footsteps, immediately turning around and taking the hole he made in the window screen to his advantage, diving through and instinctively grabbing hold of the edge, slowly and steadily making his way down for his escape back to the airship station.

Kesi glanced up from the stairs to see Seida before her, offering to lend a hand in carrying her heavy basket.
"N-no, I-i'm fine." she said, in a whisper not many would hear. "I-I can carry milk on m-my own."
As is to emphasize her point in the wrong way, she nearly dropped the heavy basket. She mumbled a curse under her breath and hoisted it up again.
"A-Actually, a little help would be appreciated." she murmured, looking back up at Seida. She seemed nice enough, if perhaps sending out a slightly creepy image. Admittedly, Kesi wasn't one to talk on that particular matter. Not that it mattered at all.

Seida smiled, although most people couldn't see it, She grabbed hold of the basket of milk bottles and lifted it up a little bit, allowing her and Kesi to climb the stairs with ease, to be quite honest, All she did was carry long distance mail to other countries, more like big things, so looking around in Belston was a first for her, Seida then said to herself [color=#4B0082]"To be quite honest, this is a first for me, walking out of a dock outside of Norisda..."[/color] She suddenly asked Kesi [color=#4B0082]"Are you a local here miss?.."[/color]

Kesi was glad of the help. Speed was useful for her deliveries. The faster, the better. That was what her father sometimes said.
"N-no." Kesi said, in answer to Seida's question. "N-no, I'm not local. I'm from N-Norisda. B-born and raised."
She smiled slightly, still slightly nervous. She never was good around other people. Afterall, the only person she talked to oftne was her father. And he wasn't one to start an interesting useful conversation. More likely would be a talk abot how to farm wheat... again.
"I-I've never actually b-been to Belston before, h-have you?" Kesi asked, curious. She figured that maybe knowing more about a person could stop her being such a worry wart and scaredy cat. Maybe.

Having reached the station, Thar's legs felt the same tension as before during his long walk into Norisda before his latest prey. He felt at any moment his legs would give out and crumble beneath him, which is what he did right next to the dock behind some cargo. Sighing in both exhaustion and relief, he patiently waited for the next airship to board, taking out another munchie to snack on while his legs recovered. His gun case was set against one of the crates while he pulled out his leather billfold from his coat pocket, slipping the newly acquired fortune that he pocketed from the inn, and returning the billfold to his coat pocket with shifting eyes to detect suspicion from any bypassing people.

Seida looked at Kesi and said to her [color=#4B0082]"Sadly miss, I'm not a local here, I live in a house underneath Norisda, but technically, I was not Born and raised in this plane... Speaking of Raising, I never caught on to your name, My name is Seida Nightingale, but everyone just refers me by my last name... You have things much harsher than I do in this business, if I guess right?" [/color]She already could feel that Kesi was a Captain as she was, but never knowing her true boat size was always an issue for her, but then again, Knowing some people's professions by instinct took a lot of surprises from her...

Archived