Magician Deck

Forgive me, I haven't picked up my deck in a couple of weeks and don't remember the exact numbers for my cards, but I'm giving it my best shot.

3x Dark Magician

1x Sorcerer of Dark Magic

1x Dark Magician of Chaos

1x Buster Blader

1x Dark Magician Girl

3x Skilled Dark Magician

1x Skilled White Magician

1x Breaker the Magical Warrior

1x Blast Magician

1x Rapid Fire Magician

2x Magician's Valkyria

1x Magician of Faith

1x Cyber Jar

1x Ritual Raven

1x Magician of Black Chaos

1x Dark Paladin

1x Amulet of Ambition

1x Ancient Rules

1x Black Magic Ritual

1x Book of Moon

1x Change of Heart

1x Dark Magic Curtain

1x Dedication Through Light and Darkness

1x Double Spell

1x Giant Trunade

1x Graceful Charity

1x Harpie's Feather Duster

1x Heavy Storm

1x Lightning Vortex

1x Magical Mallet

1x Monster Reborn

1x Mystic Box

1x Polymerization

1x Pot of Greed

1x Premature Burial

1x Raigeki

1x Soul Exchange

1x Swords of Revealing Light

2x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Call of the Haunted

2x Draining Shield

1x Magic Cylinder

1x Magical Hats

1x Mirror Force

1x Negate Attack

1x Ring of Destruction

2x Sakuretsu Armor

Total Cards Used: 47

True, but I like to use Ancient Rules right after using Harpie's Feather Duster and/or Raigeki. That way I can ensure a safe summoning for my Dark Magician. That's also usually when I'll start using Monster Reborn, Premature Burial, and Call of the Haunted. Bring all my power houses out at once.

The last duel I was involved in I emptied my hand in one turn, but got 3 Dark Magicians, 1 Dark Paladin, and 1 Sorcerer of Dark Magic on the field all at once. My opponent nearly s*** himself. No defense, staring down the barrel of 13600 ATK points (minimum, due to Dark Paladin's effect of increasing attack power per dragon). Suffice of to say, I won that duel.

I wish I could say it was by a landslide, but using Dark Magic Curtain and Premature Burial dropped me down to like 600 lifepoints.

I would add a field spell as a boost however, looking at the power levels of my monsters (and some of them are light attribute, some are dark) it would strengthen some, while weakening others. Plus, field spells work both ways. It will give my opponent's boosts too. That is something I really don't need.

Thanks for the advice though.

And yeah, after he said it I knew it sounded right. :P

Used to have magical blast. It didn't do enough damage to warrant keeping it in my deck.

Used to have Dark Erradicator Warlock too, but it unbalanced my deck. I seemed to draw too many higher level monsters when he was in there, and I never managed to summon him, but I didn't forget about my magician :D

I used to have Cybernetic Magician in there as well. Also, A Knight's Tale with their monsters and Dark Magic Attack (the spell to destroy all spell and trap cards), but it just didn't work out too well.

3x Dark Magician

2x Buster Blader

2x Dark Red Enchanter

1x Chaos Sorcerer

2x Skilled White Magician

2x Skilled Dark Magician

2x Blast Magician

1x Magician of Faith

1x Cyber Jar

3x Magical Dimension

1x Ancient Rules

1x Change of Heart

1x Dark Magic Curtain

1x Future Fusion

1x Polymerization

1x Heavy Storm

1x Monster Reborn

1x Pot of Greed

1x Premature Burial

1x Raigeki

1x Swords of Revealing Light

1x Call of the Haunted

1x Mirror Force

2x Royal Decree

2x Magician's Circle

Total Cards Used: 41

Maybe that can help a little.

Monster Cards: (20) Low:13/Mid:3/High:4

3x Dark Magician

2x Dark Magician Girl

3x Skilled Dark Magician

3x Herald of Creation

1x Injection Fairy Lily

1x Copy Cat

1x Tsukuyomi

1x Magician of Faith

1x Cyber Jar

1x Chaos Sorcerer

1x Witch of the Black Forest

1x Dark Paladin

Spell Cards: (14)

1x Change of Heart

1x Graceful Charity

3x Magical Dimension

1x Monster Reborn

1x Pot of Greed

1x Premature Burial

1x Raigeki

1x Future Fusion

1x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Sage Stone

Trap Cards: (11)

2x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Call of the Haunted

1x Magic Cylinder

1x Mirror Force

1x Ring of Destruction

2x Magician's Circle

1x Imperial Order

1x Dust Tornado

1x Torrential Tribute

Total Cards Used: 45

i hope it helps..this deck can be knock ur Opponent in OTK

the key cards of this deck was Magical Dimension & Dark Magician...

with the combo of Dark Magician Girl->Sage Stone (in M1 to Special Summon Dark Magician) then BP after attacking Dark Magician Girl activate Magical Dimension to Special Summon another Spellcaster from ur hand then u can destroy 1 monster on the field...then attack the newly summon Spellcaster then activate Magician Circle to Special Summon another Spellcaster in ur deck whose atk 2000 or less..i recommend injection fairy Lily to direct high damage to ur opponent's LP. then after Dark Magician attack activate "Dedication through Light and Darkness" to Special Summon "Dark Magician of Chaos from Hand,Deck or Graveyard, then by the effect of this card u can retrive some of ur Spell from ur Graveyard...get Magical Dimension from ur Graveyard so that if u have another Spellcaster from ur hand, u can activate it and make it attack the newly Special Summon...its a great Combo isn't it?"

1) Don't have the cards required to pull all of that off.

2) All the opponents I have faced are primarily defensive (I told you patience is a virtue, especially in dueling). I'm not using any deck that does not have a Sorcerer of Dark Magic or a Jinzo in it.

3) My Magician's Valkyria protect my lifepoints more than any high level monster could. 2 of them on the field gives you the ultimate defense against attacks (their effects protect each other).

4) You removed all the spells to rapidly summon my Dark Magician. I pull him more than any other card in the game. I have to have support cards for him.

5) There is almost nothing to protect my lifepoints (as far as traps) for when the opponent counters my trap and spell cards.

In the area I duel, I duel against a lot of conservative duelists. They are not going to attack until they can guarantee they can outdo me, or at least do a lot of damage to my defenses so I cannot defend against another attack. The deck I have set up is perfect for that. Plenty of defensive trap cards to protect myself, plenty of spell cards to special summon high monsters, as well as sift through my deck for more, and plenty of good effect magicians to compliment my spell and trap cards.

Thank you for the advice though. Don't think I won't at least take it into consideration on my opponent's behaviors and tactics. You all are helping mould my deck, even if I'm not adding and subtracting cards, you are helping me decide what to expect and what combinations would be useful.

If any of you doubt my abilities in my deck, I would be happy to prove them to you in a friendly duel. Any takers in the coastal NC area?

3) My Magician's Valkyria protect my lifepoints more than any high level monster could. 2 of them on the field gives you the ultimate defense against attacks (their effects protect each other).

would be useful.

hmmm...ultimate defense ..? i dont think so...coz when 2 Magician's Valkyria face-up on the field..ur opponent can't atk other spellcaster except for Magician's Valkyria ..right? but according in the individual card ruling..if ur opponent atk ur monster on the field...they will atk ur Lifepoints directly....maybe it can be a ultimate defense...IF u have a appropriate trap cards that support ur lifepoints..in Battle dmg..and that is "Spirit Barrier"

but i must say that ur good Duelist..base on ur exp..

Thats why I keep the traps Mirror Force, Magic Cylinder, Draining Shield, etc. They keep me safe when my monsters cannot.

I'm going to have to start reading up on the official rulings a bit more with these new cards. I was not aware that because it specifies you cannot attack any Spellcasters, that that meant your lifepoints were wide open. I always figured, as long as you had monsters on your side of the field in defense position (as the rules state), your lifepoints were protected, unless a card effect allows you to attack directly.

------------------------

*EDIT*

Alright, I just checked up on the rulings and it said nothing about your opponent's being able to target your lifepoints. So it works as so:

By effect of Magician's Valkyria, your opponent cannot designate any other spellcaster-type monsters (besides that Magician's Valkyria) as long as it remains face up on the field. If there are two, their effects will then protect each other, so your opponent cannot designate either spellcasters as attack targets, leaving your lifepoints completely safe (until 1 of them is destroyed by a card effect).

well there's some of a changes in the official rulings..like marauding captain..

if u have 2 of this card on the field...we thought ur opponent can;t atk ur lifepoints directly

as long as we have monster(s) in the field..and another example is.."The Legendary Fisherman" it says that as long as umi is active on the field...u can't atk this card..

Archived