Magician Deck

The official rulings are retarded. They make the game to the point where you don't even want to play anymore.

Personally, I say no restricted cards, only limited and semi-limited (to keep balance). Forget all this crap about being able to attack lifepoints directly if there are monsters on the field. Screw all that. You have a way to protect your lifepoints, why should Konami be the ones to go, "well, that's how it was before, but now we're changing it."

The new cards they come out with are too powerful compared to the older cards. If they keep making the older cards weaker and weaker, how are we supposed to defend ourselves against the newer ones?

I love the game of Yu-Gi-Oh, but personally I don't like the new cards they came out with. I know its all a financial plot so we HAVE to buy more to make our decks stronger, but if it keeps going the way it is, I'm gonna stop buying them all together and just stick with the 8000+ I have right now. That's more than enough to have a TON of people playing at once and still have a blast.

I'll have to keep an eye out for Magician's Valkyria to make sure she doesn't go the way of The Legendary Fisherman and Marauding Captain.

You too are obviously a skilled duelist, as you have extensive knowledge of hundreds of cards memorized. :)

You too are obviously a skilled duelist' date=' as you have extensive knowledge of hundreds of cards memorized. :)

[/quote']

hmmm....not much though...

well let say ...i just dueling in some people..

to gain more experience and know what different strategy

they have on building their deck...

and mostly i always read most of the cards...

i dont think if i can memorize them all...

but i can say lots of experience lolz

hehehe...and u too...u are an skilled duelist, coz

even if using older cards...i know that u have lot of

confidence and undying spirit to win in a duel..

hehe..nice meeting you here...

I've been playing since the game came out. My buddies and I practiced with hundreds of different kinds of cards in different kinds of decks with different strategies. Some of them worked and some of them didn't.

It helped me memorize the cards and their effects because I would have to know what they did so I could prepare for them. After a while I learned the basic cards either destroy, draw, or summon. If you can counter those three, the rest are no big deal really. Plus of course you have to stop attacks.

Keep working at it and you'll learn little tricks to memorize cards, and strategies. You'll learn what strategies are used most by duelists, and hey, you may not win against them even if you know their strategy, but its one great ride the entire time!

Keep working at it and you'll learn little tricks to memorize cards' date=' and strategies. You'll learn what strategies are used most by duelists, and hey,

you may not win against them even if you know their strategy,
but its one great ride the entire time!

thanks..and well its a part of strategy to know your opponents deck's strategy and how it works...but every duel has a match..so u should win twice to won a match duel...so if i lose in a 1st duel..in next duel..i know what im going to then..and what strategies i can do..to counter its combo..

anyway no matter what happens in a duel..whether u lose or won..

the important are both u and ur opponent enjoying playing yugioh cards..

Uh, The new cards are actually weaker than the old cards guys. The old cards get banned, and new, balanced ones replace them. Also, traditional is good and fine when you're playing with friends, but Advanced Format is there for a reason. Playing in tournies can get very tedious when everyone uses Cookie Cutter Chaos.

I'd rather everyone have the chance to use the cards from the traditional formats rather than all this crap they have now.

Personally, I feel that the skill of a duelist comes from being able to handle ALL the cards, when presented against them. These rules for the advanted formats take away a lot of the power-houses that make up a lot of people's decks.

I understand that they are there to keep things from getting monotonous and dull but still. I have always and will always play traditional format and enjoy every second of it. Yes, it sucks when you get Raigeki or Harpie's Feather Duster used on you, but you should be able to recover, or to counter.

it is the same when you have 2 command knights out

hmmm the effect of command knight is to make ur opponent's monster atk him instead of any other warrior on the field..same as the magician's valkyria

so in that case..ur opponent's monster can't atk any of ur monster control..when u have 2 of them on the field...

as "individual card rulings" says...about maruading captian effect...or magician valkyria..

If you have 2 "Maurading Captains" on your side of the field, the opponent cannot attack any face-up Warrior-Type monsters you control. They can attack your Life Points directly if they control a monster with an effect that allows it (Such as "Rainbow Flower", "Inaba White Rabbit", or a Toon Monster). They could also attack a non-Warrior Type monster you control.

Your opponent can attack face-down monsters while you have "Maurading Captain" on the field, even if the face-down monster is Warrior-Type.

If you control "Maurading Captain" and a Warrior-Type monster equipped with "Ring of Magnetism", the opponent must attack the monster equipped with "Ring of Magnetism" if they choose to attack.

If you control 2 "Maurading Captains" and one of them is equipped with "Ring of Magnetism", your opponent cannot attack either one.

If you control "Patrician of Darkness", "Maurading Captain" and a Warrior-Type monster when your opponent attacks, you can use the effect of "Patrician of Darkness" to redirect the attack to "Patrician of Darkness" or "Maurading Captain" only. Not to the other Warrior-Type monster because it cannot be attacked.

The monster Special Summoned by the effect of "Maurading Captain" does NOT have to be a Warrior-Type monster.

If your opponent activates "Torrential Tribute" in response to the Summoning of "Maurading Captain" (by chaining to the Trigger Effect of "Marauding Captain"), all monsters on the field will be destroyed, and then you Special Summon for "Maurading Captain"’s effect. If they wait and activate "Torrential Tribute" in response to the Special Summoning of a monster for the effect of "Marauding Captain", then all monsters will be destroyed including the newly-Special Summoned monster.

about command knights..

COMMAND KNIGHT

If you control a "Command Knight" equipped with "Ring of Magnetism", and another monster, your opponent can and must select "Command Knight" as an attack target if he chooses to attack.

If you control 2 face-up "Command Knights", and no other monsters, and 1 of them is equipped with "Ring of Magnetism", your opponent cannot attack because the 2 "Command Knights" are preventing an attack from being declared. "Ring of Magnetism"’s effect forcefully leads the attack to the equipped monster only when the opponent declares an attack, which is impossible for your opponent to do.

If "Umi" is active and you have "The Legendary Fisherman" on the field, your opponent can attack directly. But if you have "Legendary Fisherman" and "Command Knight", and no other monsters, your opponent cannot attack directly because of "Command Knight", and cannot attack "Command Knight" because of his effect, and cannot attack "The Legendary Fisherman", so he cannot declare an attack (but can enter the Battle Phase to activate card effects).

If you control "Patrician of Darkness" and "Command Knight", and your opponent attacks, you cannot choose the "Command Knight" as the attack target.

If you control "Command Knight" equipped with "Raregold Armor", your opponent can attack "Command Knight".

If you control a "Command Knight" and another monster, and your opponent attacks the other monster, you can use "Shift" to select "Command Knight" as the new attack target.

You can choose your own "Command Knight" as the attack target when your opponent attacks your "Dreamsprite".

"Command Knight"’s effect increases its own ATK by 400 points, in addition to your other Warrior-Type monsters.

If you control multiple "Command Knights", their effects are cumulative so each will increase all of your Warrior-Type monsters' ATK by 400 points.

If "Command Knight" is Normal Summoned, Flip summoned, or Special Summoned, its ATK is at least 1600 so your opponent can activate "Bottomless Trap Hole".

If "King Tiger Wanghu" is on the field face-up, and "Command Knight" is Summoned, the effect of "Command Knight" is applied immediately because it is a Continuous Effect, so first change "Command Knight"’s ATK to 1600. After that, "King Tiger Wanghu"’s effect cannot activate because "Command Knight"’s ATK is not 1400 or lower.

If "Physical Double" creates a Mirage Token of a Warrior-Type monster while "Command Knight" is on the field, take the current ATK (including "Command Knight" Bonus), then apply all bonuses again if appropriate. So a Mirage Token of a 1600 ATK Warrior-Type monster would be ATK 2000 (it copies the 1600 ATK and then gains "Command Knight"’s +400 ATK bonus).

That's fine, now everybody understands the rules of the effects of their favorite monsters :D

Anyhoo, that's why I like having Magician's Valkyria in my deck (2 of them) because the entire deck, except for a handful, are all spellcasters. It helps keep my defense up while I'm waiting for the perfect offense to eliminate every chance my opponent had of winning

:D

Archived