-Otherworld IC

CrystalCyae

[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]The time has come[/i][/font][/size]
[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]For them to save their world[/i][/font][/size]
[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]It may not[/i][/font][/size]
[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]However[/i][/font][/size]
[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]Be the world[/i][/font][/size]
[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]They remember…[/i][/font][/size]

[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive]The phrase echoes in the hearts and minds of every human in the current era. There was hardly a child who didn’t know the simple phrase, hardly a child who didn’t hope it was true.[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive]They all hoped people would come to save them from life under the Otherworld. They didn’t know how many they would be, or what they would be like. They just hoped they would come and save them.[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Filomena White wasn’t sure what she believed.[/font][/size]

[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive]All she knew was that there was a dull ache in the air, as if something had been released into the world. Something that hadn’t seen the light in years. It interested her to find out what is was. Either in the interests of her own curiosity or the interest of the planet.[/font][/size]

[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive]As the barren landscape become more and more unfamiliar, she came across a hill. At a distance it was unremarkable, but close up she could see several odd markings patterning the edges of it. There were several large sections of markings, each with a different styling. Each a different elemental basis.[/font][/size]

[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Filomena pushed against the markings, but nothing happened. But the dull ache was strongest here. She would wait. Wait for something to happen.[/font][/size]

[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive]*********************************[/font][/size]

[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Within the hillside, people began to stir for many years of sleep.[/font][/size]

[size=2][font=comic sans ms,cursive](You guys are now waking up within the hillside. Inside it is a cave. The cave has several doors, each with the same markings as the ones on the outside. Each of you can open a door, which has your element’s markings. Go crazy with the details and stuff)[/font][/size]

Raven woke with a jolt. His body was stiff from his sleep. Although he didn't remember falling asleep. At that he didn't remember where he was he was or even how he got there. Last he remembered he had just finished digging a grave and had been waiting the coffin to finish being brought over by the morgue. He stood up his legs feeling weak. [i]How long was I asleep[/i] He thought looking around. The first thing he saw was a door that seemed interesting. The door was black with a skull at the top of it. Chains came from either side of the skull ending at the foot of the door. There was also a painting of what looked like a girl sleeping on clouds. Raven wasn't really sure what the door meant but it seemed to be a way out. He walked over to the door and pushed on it. It opened easy enough but the light from outside blinded him for a few seconds. When his vision had cleared up a bit he so the blured image of a person.

[i]"Tyson Ryder, your time has come. All your heroes had obstacles to overcome in their stories, and by overcoming them, they created their legacies. It is now your turn. The world needs you to become like them, become.....a hero!"[/i]

Tyson jumped up from his sleeping position straight onto his feet. He didn't know who had spoken to him in that dream, or if it even was a dream. It seemed way too real. It was then that Tyson realized he didn't know where he was. It was dark other than a few torches by some doors. He didn'tknow where he was, or how he had gotten there. Also, he had a strange feeling that he wasn't asleep for only a few hours, as if he had been sleeping for a long time. He headed towards one of the doors, it was just like all the rest of them, although they all had a different image on them. The image on this door, however, seemed to be calling towards Tyson. It seemed as though it was shining, and as if it was shooting a beam of light staright towards Tyson.

"What is this," he said aloud.

Upon closer inspection, the now furiously bright image seemed to be a dark cloud with bolts of lightning shooting down from it. The cloud was dim, but the lightning was shining intensly, and it grew brighter every step Tyson took closer to it.

"This door is asking for me, I need to open it...."

And so he did. Tyson opened the door, and was almost blinded by the light that came through it. It was then that he rememebered his last moment before his deep sleep. He had gone into the mysterious cave his friends had dared him to go into a while ago, but that was it. He didn't remember how he had ended up asleep in the cave, but he had finally come out, and was ready to go back to college. So the light faded, but what came next no one could have predicted.

"Where...where the hell am I!" Tyson yelled.

This was no familiar place. It was very dark, and not because it was night, but what especially caught his eye was this huge, dark planet in the sky. This couldn't be Earth, Earth didn't look like this. Tyson dropped to his knees.

"What did I get myself into..." Tyson said, clutching the grass on the ground.

Matthew awoke with a start. "How long have I been out?" Matthew then looked around the room. "Where am I?" "This doesnt look like the..." He then remembered the cave. "What heppened there? One day im in this dumb cave, the next im in this cavrn with no bed." He stood up and began to explore. "So many doors, but wich to select?" He said aloud. As he was walking, he saw a strange door. The door had a feint pink eye. It began to glow. "Matthew, open this one." a faint voice echoed. Matthew seemed as if he was in a trance. HE walked twords the door and opened it.

Cally slowly came to and instinctively reached up to rub her head. "Oww...if I didn't know any better, I would say I had a hangover." she mumbled to herself. Carefully, she lifted herself up into a sitting position and groaned. Every bone in her body ached and protested against the movement. "God, it feels like I haven't moved in ages." She sat there for a few minutes trying to rub the pain out of her joints. Finally, she gazed around the room. It didn't take long for her to come to the conclusion that she was in a cave and that the only thing in there was herself and a door. Her eyes locked onto the door as she gingerly got to her feet and made her way over to it. "Damn, I knew I should have paid attention in History class. I can't make out the design or what it means." She reached out and ran her hand over the design, staring in wonder the whole time. Her hand then ran to the edges of the door and began to slightly push in various spots. Satisfied that the door was not stuck or trapped, she took a deep breath and opened the door.

A dull thumping sound rang in Victor’s head. With a slight groan he woke up, eyes slowly opening and adjusting to the dim light of the cave. [b]“What the f*ck happened?”[/b] He said in his low growl of a voice. His gloved hand slowly rose up and ran through the long black hair on his head as he sat up. [b]“Feels like I got run over by a g*dd*mned truck.”[/b] He looked around the small rocky room, soon his eyes coming to the only thing out of the ordinary. A wooden door, marked in the strangest markings he could ever see. [b]“The hell?”[/b] He asked as he got up, making his way slowly to the door. His fingertips ran over the wood, soon retracting. The door was hot, and the symbol, now recognizable as a raging fire was glowing. Not being one to be in small spaces Victor backed up, lowered his torso, and took a running start at the door, bouncing off as the door only slightly budged. [b]“Come on you f*cking a**hole, Budge!”[/b] He slightly roared as he took another few steps back and ran towards the door, slamming his shoulder into it and caused the door to fall to the ground. Being blinded by the light, he shielded his eyes as he spoke. [b]“Ok, what the f*cking hell is going on here?”[/b] He growled as he tried looking around in the light.

Jun Nakamura, a nineteen-year-old student, wakes up after finding himself outside a cave, unfamiliar to him. He was sleeping for much of his life when he was supposed to sleep for a couple of hours. [i][b][color=#696969]"Have I been there before...?" [/color][/b][/i]he whispered to himself, thinking of what may be ahead of him. [b][i][color=#696969]"Perhaps I have been taking too much sleeping pills... But, it doesn't matter... Ahh, f*ck it... Let's go..." [/color][/i][/b]he thought, once again, as he entered the cave and saw something bright just ahead of him. [b][i][color=#696969]"I'd better see what this is, 'cause to be honest, I don't really understand the whole concept..." [/color][/i][/b]Jun thought, seeing a symbol representing Earth as he stood in front of him. [b][color=#696969]"Well... If that is going to be my power.... Then, I'll take it... Something has gotta be ahead of this thing... Perhaps someone might give a crap about what this might be..." [/color][/b]he said, walking through the light and awaits a journey that he may or may not remember for the rest of his life...

Deep within the earth, A young woman who had not seen the light of day for some ten centuries awakened within a cavern unfamiliar to her. Lara Vanders, despite her lack of knowledge of her current location, remained calm as she looked around the dimly lit stone room into which she had awakened.

"Strange..." she thought aloud, "I have no memory of this place. This isn't one of the colonel's 'let's f*** with the enlisted on their leave time' shenanigans I hope." It was then that she saw it. The only reason the door stood out from the rest of the stone around her was that it was perfectly flat. Deciding that it was the only way out, Lara approached the door and found that it was much more than she had been expecting. Upon the door was a stylized symbol of a wave which had reached its crest, seemingly about to smash down upon a coast not depicted in the carving. She examined the door, searching for some way to open it from her side, but she didn't think to look at the carving again until it began to glow with a blue light that forced her to squint in an attempt to avoid being blinded. The light only grew brighter, filling the whole cavern from the single source, and soon Lara raised an arm to cover her face...only to suddenly widen her eyes in a mixture of fear, surprise, and confusion. Her arm had become like purest water, completely transparent and seeming to flow. Instinctively looking down, she noticed that the whole of her body had become the same way. Suddenly, thousands of images began to flash before her eyes. She saw waves wash away entire cities, clouds forming at a microscopic level, rivers freezing over in the winter, blood flowing freely from one's body like a river, and natural hot springs bubbling away from the heat. Then, with a pronounced suddenness that left Lara dazed and stumbling for a moment, the light vanished. As she began to regain her bearings, the stone door split down the middle and opened as half slid to the left and the other half to the right. Because of the bright, almost blinding, light which she had just experienced, Lara could see perfectly in the light that streamed into the exit tunnel.

She began to walk forward, her head pounding as she did so, only to come across the dessicated corpse of a man in armor laying in her path. She knelt down beside him, looking over the body and finding a note carved into the ground. It read "To whomever finds me here, take my claws and see justice done." There was no name left, and there didn't seem to be any sort of way to identify the male based upon his armor nor did he wear any dog tags. It was then that she saw them, the claws which he had mentioned. They were enormous things, gauntlets whose fingers bore razor-like edges and were wreathed in crackling electricity. She reached to pull them from his hands, finding that they not only slid easily from their former wielder's hands but were much lighter than they could have been if they were steel. She took a moment to slide them onto her own hands, before she cut her own message into the ground beside the dead man's. "I will" it read. She then took her first steps out into the open air, only to find that the world was had changed quite a bit from how it was when she had remembered. The massive dark planet visible in the skies above was the most apparent and obvious change, the ever-present feeling of dread was another. It was only after taking in her new surroundings that Lara noticed others emerging from other caverns similar to her own, as well as a woman who seemed to have been waiting for them to emerge. Keeping the claws readied, she gradually approached the woman as if she hoped that there was some sort of explanation she could extract.

"Oh my Otherworld!"
Filomena stumbled backwards, eyes wide as the carvings moved and revealed various people. Some younger than her, and some older than her, stumbled from what appeared to be a cavern under the hill. They all looked so strange and different that she almost laughed. But she held her tongue and merely stared in wonder at them.

The ache in the sky concentrated, seeming to surround these strange people. They were the source of the - what appeared to be - magic in the air. They were what made people uneasy as the day went by and the ache reached them.
But what did the ache mean?

It was when she saw that the doors were glowing that she slowly connected the faint dots. These people were magic. By fair means or foul, they had a magical quality that obviously hadn't been seen on the planet for centuries. Which meant they could help the 'normal' people to defeat the Otherworld.

She took a deep breath.

"Hi. I'm Filomena White. And whom might all you people be?"

Raven looked at the girl as she spoke. Her expression before she spoke seemed kind of hopeful. What she was hope. Before answering he looked around and saw other people. One of the females stoke out to him most. She was really attractive but something about her seemed off. Like she was resonating some kind of power that seemed to make things brighter but it seemed off. Disregarding the stange feeling he looked back at Filamena. "Where are we?" He walk a little closer and noticed things looked different. It was hard to tell what time it was exactly. "You said your name was Filamena White right? What is this place?" He said this seeming slight rude as he usually did to strangers. "My name is Raven Larich. I don't know how the hell I got here or why I'm here." He said in the same way as before.

Jun then looked up in the sky of the Otherworld, as Filomena White spoke. [b][color=#696969]"I'm Jun Nakamura... I don't know why or how I got there... But, you know... It's the same reason as that other guy.. Except I've been sleeping outside this so-called cave for several years!" [/color][/b]he said, referring to Raven Larich as he introduced himself. He looked around, and saw Raven and a several other people in the Otherworld willing to use their powers to somehow defeat the world itself. [b][i][color=#696969]"Perhaps I should introduce myself... To the others... Does that not sound fair enough...?" [/color][/i][/b]Jun thought to himself, thinking of whether or not to introduce himself to nearby people. He approached the clan h would be going with in the near future, but then he had flashbacks as he stopped to think back at those flashbacks he claimed to have. [i][b][color=#696969]"No! Father! Mother! It can't be... IT CAN'T....." [/color][/b][/i]Jun shouted in his mind during his flashback, before going back to the real world and thinking, [b][i][color=#696969]"Geez... What the f*ck was that... Just now...?"[/color][/i][/b]

"Hi Filomena, im Matthew. Glad to meet you. Now I may finally have some answers. were are we. I must know." Matthew said exitedly. He looked around. "Im guessing it is night time." I need these questions answered..." Matthew ranted on, not giving a care what he said. He continously asked questions like where are we, whats going on, who are these people, what is the time, why were we in the cave, what is that planet, ect. He also asked "where can I get food, im starving." He finally took a break to breath, then realizing that everybody has given him the evil eye, he silenced.

After Tyson had gotten himself together he had realized that he wasnt alone. Six other people stood beside him and one woman stood in front of them all. She identified herself as Filomena White, and asked the group to introduce themselves. Already three people came forward and introduced themselves. All three were guys, named Raven, Jun, and Matthew. The first two stated they had no idea where they were or how they got here. The third pummeled Filomena with a plethora of questions that, although annoying given the circumstance, was likely on everyone's mind. Tyson simply stared at Filomean White, wondering why it was that she just happened to be here exactly when six young adults woke up after an sort of long hibernation inside a cavern. Everything about the situation was abnormal, and still an even greater question floated around Tyson's mind, where the hell were they?

"My name is Tyson Ryder, and just like with everyone else here, I have no clue where I am or how I got here. But right now I'd like to know who you are more than anything. You've stated that your name is Filomena White, but that doesn't tell us anything about who you are. You seem very cool about this entire situation, which isn't normal considering you just saw seven people walk out of a cavern without knowing why they were there to begin with. What do you know, and who are you really?" Tyson demanded.

He was acting a litlle differently than normal but given the situation, he didn't care. He wanted to get to the bottom of this.

Victor rubbed his head as everyone spoke, obviously aggravated by all the talking going on. [b]"I don't care who this chick is, or who any of you are for f*cks sake. All I want to know is where can a guy get some damn asprin. Being around you all has given me a headache like you wouldn't believe."[/b] He opened his eyes, now adjusted to the light somewhat of the place. He sighed a bit as he looked at all of their faces before speaking again. [b]"If you all must know, my name is Victor, my last name is none of your business yet, or at all. But like motor mouth there asked, where can we get some food, and something for my head?"[/b]

Cally squinted her eyes as she emerged from the door, but otherwise the sun hardly affected her. That realization had her thinking, especially since the other people emerging from similar doors were covering their eyes from the blinding sun. Of course, once she noticed that others were emerging from these doors as well, she found herself back to thinking about where she was and why she was there. "Who are you people?" she asked them. "And where are we?" she asked, this time directed towards the girl who called herself Filomena. "I want answers! And no twisting things or avoi-" she started to say before stopping mid-sentence. Her eyes had drifted towards the sky a bit and shocked her into disbelief and nearly caused her to stumble backwards.

Already suffering from a splitting headache due to the previous sudden exposure to bright light made most of the sound of the others' voices was unbearable to Lara. All she wanted to do at that point was get something to drink and stretch herself out. She was able to tolerate everything, right up until some prick, who later identified himself as Victor, started shouting everywhere and complaining.

"Quit your bitching" came the vehement remark from Lara as she clenched her fists inside of the energized gauntlets already in her possession. "Complaining about things isn't going to do anything but annoy everyone around you." She shook her head, turning it back in the direction of Filomena. Despite what she had said, she was thinking the same as everything else. There was something about this "Filomena White" that gave her the feeling that she was in charge of something, and what the whole group needed was to get in touch with some authority or another.

Filomena inwardly sighed. The 'saviors' were hardly what she expected. They were complainers and askers, rather than fighters and brave. For all she knew, they could be brave and able to fight, but still. First impressions are worst impressions.
Regardless, she figured she might as well give them the answers they wanted.

"Where we are? We're on Earth. The big planet in the sky? That's the Otherworld. I can explain more about that in particular later." she said, answering what she felt were the main questions.
"I'm am merely a simple helper in an organization called Nature. Ranked as Guide. The reason I'm 'cool' about this is what I've learned in the past makes it hardly that surprising."
Not the whole truth on the latter, but it wasn't a lie either.

"Now, most of you want food? Easily done. I'll take you to the nearest of Nature's outposts and you can eat. A fair warning - the food might not be exactly what you are used to."

She turned back the way she'd come. "Follow me."

The outpost was merely a simple hut, blending into the scare trees surrounding it. The wood roof had holes, and the windows were just gaps in the wall.
Filomena walked in, and brushed some dirt from a corner. Finding what she wanted, she pressed it in and pushed it aside. A passage was revealed, leading down into the depths of the Earth.
"Quickly now. We can't leave the door open too long."

Raven listened as the others introduce themselfs. The first seemed okay. He seemed to be in the same situation. Raven barely understood what the second said something about food he thought. And now that he actually thought about it he was really hungry. The next seemed a bit demanding although in this situation it made sense. As the man who called himself Victor started to bark Raven didn't like him. He seemed to.. harsh. The girl who Raven had noticed earliar spoke next though she did not say her name some thing about her seemed off. There was something besides her outward appearance that stuck out. It kind of seemed to pull his attention but it also pushed it away. The next person started to speak. Again she didn't say her name but she did yell at Victor which made Raven laugh. Then Filamora said something about food and everyone followed. They got to a crappy hut thing and she said something about going in somewhere. Raven spoke. "And why do you expect us to listen to someone we know nothing about?"

Victor shoved Raven out of the way as he growled. [b]"Oh would you just shut the f*ck up motor mouth? If this means food, I'm for it."[/b] He sneered at Raven before smirking and walking away from him. The chains on his clothes rattled a bit with each step, and with in a few seconds, he was side by side with their "hostess". His eyes peered at her through his peripheral vision before speaking again. [b]"Swear to god girl, you lead us into a trap, I'll gut you, and strand your innards for whatever beasts seem to inhabit this god forsaken rock you claim is earth."[/b] And with that sentence, he descended down into the darkness of the tunnel.

"Earth!? What the hell happened to it!" Tyson said while Filomena lead them to a hut with a secret entrance to, well actually, no one knew where it lead to. But they seemed of be continually descending into the ground. The one named Raven showed his distrust in Filomena by asking her who she was before he would follow. But then another guy, Victor, pushed him out of the way to walk beside Filomena.

[i]"He has no idea what's going on yet he acts so recklessly. Either way, Raven wouldn't have gotten his question answered. After all, I asked the same thing moments ago and she just said she was a guide of Nature or whatever. Oh man, why did I have to end up here, I can already tell it's not going to be fun."[/i]

Well, he was happy that they were going to eat at least.

"FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD!" Matthew shouted loudly! "I dont care if she leads us into a trap, mr. grumpy pants, just as long as there is food!" "Whats up with this passage, and were does it lead." "Why cant we leave the door open?' "Are there burglers?" And what kind of food is it?" Matthew said all of these things, but inside he felt that she wasnt quite trustworthy. He wanted food, so that got the better end of him. He was thinking of his impressions of the group. Raven:emo. Victor: grumpy, Lara: Not sure. Cally: HOT!

Cally stood there for a moment considering the girls answers. According to her, they were on Earth even though it seemed odd. What really struck her was the answer to what was in the sky. She called it the Otherworld. A strange name for something that looked strange. She continued to ponder over these things as everyone began to follow the girl after she mentioned food. A quick decision later, she was following the group as well with some distance to avoid physical conflict, but close enough to throw out any opinions she may have. As she followed the group into the tunnel, she finished looking over the group and decided to stay near the aggressive men. Ugly brutes were easier to predict than quiet snakes.

Lara followed the group in silence, aware rather suddenly that her tactical blacks were beginning to itch quite a bit and wanting a chance to get out of them. In the mean time, she listened as Filomena continued to explain the situation, mainly that they were on Earth and that the immense black planet in the sky was something known as Otherworld. She continued simply following them, and was immediately impressed with the construction of the outpost. Granted, it wasn't much on the surface but the doorway into the earth hinted at an underground complex which, hopefully, was going to have some sort of washing facility. As the group began making their way down, she slipped past them, making certain to bop both Victor and Matthew on the backs of their respective heads, and came to stand beside Filomena.

"I was simply wondering," she began once she had reached the woman and reduced her pace to match her, "if there were a place in this outpost where one could take a shower. Also, I would like to thank you for the hospitality you've already shown us."

[i]This is ridiculous. Can these people do nothing but complaining?[/i]
Filomena restrained from slamming herself in the face. Judging by her rank and the 'rank' of the saviors, she figured she'd have time to get used to it. Regardless, it was annoying.
Following the rest down the tunnel, she began to the lead the way through a twisting series of corridors. "Follow closely. Since you're all rather desperate you all are for refreshments of a sort, it would be horrible for you to get lost in these caves."
Before any of the saviors could respond, she stepped quickly into a large cavern. The main feature was a dining table, completely bare except for a small metal tablet where the plates would be.

Walking past the table, she glanced back at them.
"Alright, to use the tablets, poke the engraving that looks light one of those, I dunno, 'start' buttons. It tells you how to use it. If you want to wash or something, there are a few separate bathrooms over there." She pointed towards four doors spaced evenly apart on one wall.

"Enjoy yourselves. When the meal is more, I suppose, 'underway'... I can explain more on your current predicament. Until such point, enjoy."

Matthew carefully scanned the room. He chose a seat next to Cally. He then poked the start button. Seeing how the tabels worked, he got a weird porrage like food. "What is this?" He ate a bite, and almost threw it back up. "WHAT KIND OF FOOD IS THIS!" Seeing as Lara had hit his head, he used the disgusting food to prank her. He hurled a handful at her. After words, he tried to finish the rest of his putrid food. Also, he used as an oppritunity to flirt with Cally. "Hey, Come here often?" It was the only line Matthew could think of.

Archived