-Otherworld IC

CrystalCyae

Victor’s eyes looked to the tablets on the table. [b]”What the f*ck….”[/b] He shook his head before watching Matthew use the one before him, only to be unpleasantly surprised by the lack of viable sustenance given to him in return for his energy. His lips curved into a small smirk as he watched him spit out the food, and then throw a bit at Lara. Victor himself had disregarded the slap on the back of his head, knowing that if she had wanted to cause harm, she looked like a female who was more than capable of doing so. He took a seat, and pressed the ‘start’ button, only to be rewarded by the same food Matthew had been. Taking a small spoonful, he chocked down the gruel-like food. [b]”Not too bad…..had worse, and I guess it’s better than nothing at all.”[/b]

Lara moved towards the table that had been indicated by Filomena, ignoring for now the obvious irritation which she was demonstrating towards them but deciding to give some justification for the group's actions.

"Filomena, I have to say we're all very grateful for what you're doing for us," She began saying, picking different words this time, "and I know it isn't showing. We've all woken up from a very long sleep and we're not acting as ourselves, so I would like to ask that you be a bit patient." She then resumed her path towards the table, just in time to see and catch the food hurled at her by Matthew and drop it into the nearest waste receptacle before taking her seat. Once more removing the energized gauntlets, she made to activate the panel before her and be rewarded with food that didn't look much worse than the MREs she had eaten in the Marine Corps. With a slight shrug she began to eat.

Cally looked around the cavern, noticing all the things Filomena had pointed out. "Such a bare place. Perfect for people who are hiding I suppose." She took a seat and ignored the tablet as she was not quite hungry. Next thing she knew, one of the guys from the group sat next to her. It didn't really matter to her, so she continued to sat there and waited for Filomena to begin. She really wasn't in the mood for any games and felt that information was more important at this time. Of course, the guy next to her thought differently as he began his feeble attempts at flirting. [i]Oh God...strange things are going on, and he's more worried about his crush on me. [/i]Cally turned towards him and said "Yep. Everyday when I can." while rolling her eyes.

Raven was starting to get annoyed and once he saw the others begin to eat he realized he wasn't hungery. Once Matthew had started to speak again he got really annoy. "Do you not know how to shut your God*amned mouth or something?" He asked giving him a mean look and leaning against the wall. "Don't any of you find it at all suspicios that this girl happened to be there when we all woke up in the same cave? Not to mention how suspicios that is." He then looked at Filamona. "I'm not about to just sit down all cheery like speedy mouth or brick head." He looked at Matthew and then at Victor. "I want some f*ckin' answers now. And if I don't get them I will just leave." This was more of a blind threat then anything. He actually would leave but he didn't know if it actually mattered. "You clearly have a reason for bringing us ALL here and the promise of this sh*t you call food might keep these idiots here but like I said I'm leaving unless I get answers." He said looking at them all like they were his enemy.

Tyson stayed silent throughout all the commotion between the others. Matthew continued to be a pest by complaining about then throwing his food. He hit Lara with it but she just brushed it off. He then began flirting with Cally, using truly horrible pick-up lines. She simply answered back with a tone of sarcasm, showing her disinterest in him. Then the boy named Raven went berserk, demanding that his questions be answered. Of course, Tyson shared many of his thoughts, but unlike Raven, Tyson knew it was best to remain calm amidst the confusion and wait patiently for everything to be cleared up, rather than going crazy to find answers. During Raven's angry outburst, Tyson took a seat and proceeded to push the start button on a tablet. He was rewarded with peachish slob in the shape of a cube. He ate it, and although it wasn't ideal, it was good enough.

[color=#ee82ee]"Well, alright then."[/color]
[color=#ee82ee][i]Suspicious bunch aren't they? They can't co-operate, and they like to cuss each other out and call each other names. How these dum-dums will save the world, I have no clue. Fail on the behalf of their parents[/i][/color]
Filomena was roused from her thoughts by a crashing sound further into the tunnels. Ignoring it, she stared at each of the group in turn.
[color=#ee82ee]"Alright, you somewhat-crazy people, I'll explain."[/color]

[color=#ee82ee]"First things first, I know so much about you and where you are from - the 2000's, to be more precise - is because of a prophecy. The prophecy said, in basic terms, that magic people would awaken and save the planet from the darkness. AKA, the Otherworld.[/color]
[color=#ee82ee]Since I am a Guide of Nature, a rank only bestowed to the highly aware, I sensed the brief scent of magic around you, and as such guessed your identity. Me happening to be at the hill when you awoke was because I followed the scent of magic there. That should suffice for question one."[/color]

Before she could continue, she heard another crash, followed by an eye-splitting scream, then silence.
[color=#ee82ee]"Otherworld take me! God Dammit!"[/color] Filomena cursed.

[color=#ee82ee]"I can explain more once I go yell at whatever just trashed otherworld-knows-what."[/color] she snapped, walking briskly away. A mere moment later, she returned.

[color=#ee82ee]"... Not to alarm any of you, or piss any of you off, but there's a crazy monster that's heading towards here and is probably going to slaughter us where we stand."[/color]

As if on cue, a dark shadowy figure appeared in the doorway. Its red eyes gleamed like the embers of a fire, and its shape twisted and changed to adjust to the light and the people's presence. Sharp red teeth appeared, and it grinned disgustingly.
[color=#800000]"Let's play, little ones"[/color] it growled

Tyson finally had his questions answered. He was glad to know what was going on, but he was confused because Filomena kept talking about magic. Then she broke the news of a monster coming to kill all of them. This gave Tyson adrenaline that seemed like he hadn't felt in a thousand years. He was on a real adventure, like he had always wanted, and his destiny was to save the entire world! Even Caesar couldn't top that. As his excitement was building up, and as the creature came closer, sparks began forming on Tyson's body.

[i]"What the hell..."[/i]

By then, the shadowy monster had made it to the doorway. With a mean look on it's face, it said, [color=#800000]"Let's play, little ones." [/color]Tyson scratched his head, how was he going to kill the creature? He had no gun, no sword, no nothing. Out of pure instinct, he opened the palm of his hand and pointed towards the monster. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning shot out of his hand and dircetly hit the monster knocking it back.

"Woah! That's awesome, so that's what you meant by magic!" Tyson said joyfully, clearly excited. In fact, he was so excited, he completely forgot about the monster that was getting up from the sudden attack...

Cally sat there and listened intently to Filomena's explanations. She was about to ask a few questions about this magic Filomena spoke of, but the girl walked off. Without any warning, the girl returned with a creature closely behind. Simply put, a something with red teeth came bursting in with a look that showed it wanted to kill. "Oh s***!" she exclaimed as she moved away and behind her seat. As she began searching around for a weapon, he gaze fell over the man named Tyson as a bolt of electricity shot from his hand. "What the hell..." she mumbled, eyes wide. Finally, she sifted her gaze back to the creature just in time to see it recovering from the hit. Acting on pure instinct, she picked up the chair and hurled it at the creature's head.

Victor looked up from his food, just in time to see Tyson and Cally attack a new intruder. His brain didn’t really have time to register what all was going on before he saw the chair hurl across the room, making contact with the beast that had shown up. He stood up quickly and looked around, making note of the creature returning to it’s feet. He spotted a pipe system above his head. He leapt up and the pipe, disregarding it burning his hands. Using his full weight, he brought the section down to him, which was just about the size of a regulation baseball bat. He gripped the bat tight, as he brought it up in a batter’s stance, watching the beast. When it had stood fully erect, Victor pushed off, holding the bat at its ready position. [b]”First rule of the street…..HEADS UP!”[/b] He swung, and without warning, the pipe caught fire mid swing, soon connecting with the thing’s stomach, knocking it back a bit and caused it to double over. He looked to his now flaming weapon. [b]”I would have killed for something like this back home.”[/b]

Despite not having looked up from the food which she was quickly shoveling into her mouth in the manner expected of a soldier, Lara heard every word that Filomena had spoken to them including the part about the monster. She had turned with an incredulous expression upon her face, meaning to turn it towards Filomena, just in time to catch sight of the immense shadowy beast. Before she could so much as pull her energized gauntlets to her hands the others had launched a barrage of attacks upon the foe.

As she sprang to her feet, she began wishing for some sort of cover to strike at the beast from without being noticed and before she could stop it images of fog clinging to the ground came to her mind. As if responding to her desire, her powers caused the water in the air to condense into a thick low-lying fog against the ground and up to about five and a half feet in the air. She ducked down into the fog to vanish, moving swiftly and silently about in an attempt to make her way behind the beast and at the same time granting the others some cover to work with. As she came up behind the creature, she leaped into the air with her claws spread out on either side of her and prepared to be brought down in an "X" shaped pattern through the beast, unless of course she was somehow prevented from striking home.

"Hmm, that explains alot. Magic. I always wondered if it existed." Matthew said. He heard news about the monster. Oh, crap., he thought. As it came to the room, Tyson shot it with a lightning bolt. Cally, flung her chair, victor hit it with a flaming piece of metle,and lara apparently made a fog. "Yup, definatly magic." He said aloud. He began to remember an anime he watched. "Hmmm, Maybe this might work." Now barly able to make out the dazed figure, he focused his attension to it. He then put all of his focus to it. As if it would matter, he put his hands up in an O shape. "Mind body stream!" He shouted aloud. Matthew's body fel; to the ground. His mind going at a steady stream strait twords the dazed behemoth.

Raven listened as Filamora spoke. [i]A monster?[/i] He thought as she came back as the monster followed. The other people attacked. The lighting bolt was more then he expexted along with the flaming pip. The chair flying at the beast made Raven smile slightly. He noticed the mist and the girl go to attack. And the kid fall to the ground. He figured he could give the beast a destraction so that the girl can attack. "My turn." He said running and jumping on the table. He grabbed two plate looking things and flung them at the beast. He continued that down the table then he flipped over the beast and tainted it to com at him. A black sort of smoke looking thing was swarling around Raven as he landed behind the thing.

[color=#800000]"Nice try, stupid humans." [/color]the beast growled. All attacks fired at it left small marks that the beast was either oblivious to or didn't care about. Even Matthew's attempt to control the beast by inserting his own essence failed, and merely rebounded back.
As the beast growled at them, its voice suddenly changed to something more feminine and distant sounding.
[color=#a52a2a]"Well done Bani."[/color]
There was a moments pause.
[color=#a52a2a]"Hello, humans. You've done well in attempting to defeat Bani, but he is far past your abilities at the moment. All you've done is cement your imminent demise at the hands of the Otherworld. We'll be meeting again."[/color]
As suddenly as the beast had appeared, it vanished into the dark tunnels branching away from the hide-out, making no noise whatsoever. Only a keen eyed observer could see it run down the tunnels. To others, it vanished into thin air.
[color=#dda0dd]"... That is bad. Very bad." [/color]Filomena mumbled. Turning to the saviors, she sighed.
[color=#dda0dd]"It appears that you all need to train your abilities. In the mean time, you need weapons to defend yourself."[/color]
Walking over to one of the walls, she put her finger in her hole and poked in a combination. The wall opened, revealing a dazzling array of weaponry.
[color=#dda0dd]"Any weapon you'd ever need is here. Guns, bows, power gloves, swords, spears etc. We even have rocks that boomerang back to you." [/color]she explained.
[color=#dda0dd]"Take your pick. Then we'll have to get moving, in case 'Bani' comes back."[/color]

Matthew for a breif moment entered the beasts mind. There was no human consience. Then the attack rebounded. Matthew 's eyes fluttered and he let out an ear percing scream for a moment, the fighting back the uncontrollable shivers, got back up in time to hear the voices. He listened to filomena and walked up to the weapons rack. He noticed a chainsaw. "Who needs guns when you have, um psychic magic? I think it is psychic." He picked up the chainsaw and realizing he could move it with telekinesis, he tries it. He picked up the chainsaw with his telekinesis, but wasnt able to harness it for verry long and dropped it. He then walked over and picked it up. Upon doing so he walked to the neares non-destroyed table and began to cry after expiriencing the darkness.

Raven watched the beast run off down the hall. "The hell was the point of that?" He said walking over to the weapon rack. He picked up a sawed-off shotgun and started examining it. He put the guns hulster on his belt. He then took a nine inch combat knife and put it's sheet on his belt. Then he noticed something looked formiliar. A scythe that Nina had given him when he had started working in the graveyard. The memories started flooding back. [i]'You are the helper of death know' laughed Nina. 'Just like the Grim Reaper and his Death Angels. Sooo I got you a weapon to scare away the evil spirts' He laughed again and hugged him.[/i] Coming back to reality Raven helt the sythe in his hand. "I'm out of here." He said walking towards the way the came in. "I don't care about the crazy bull sh*t you are trying to push on us nor do I care what happens. I'm leaving"

• 2 weeks later...

It took a second or two to realize that the pipe in his hand was now burning his palm. Victor dropped the pipe with a small growl, having seen the beast run off into the darkness. “What the f*ck was that? We didn’t even make a damn scratch on it.” He balled his hands into fists as he fumed over the situation, god what he wouldn’t give to be back home, least he had someone to talk to there. Watching the girl who had gathered the group walk over to the wall, and reveal a small array of weaponry, some archaic, some high-tech and retro. A simple machete caught his eye as he walked over. Picking the weapon by the hilt, he swung it a few times before picking up its sheath and placed it on his hip, then placed the blade into it. “This will have to do till I find something better.” He said, noting that they were about to be one person short, one of the group going off on his own.

Given he nature of the weapons with which Lara had struck the shadow beast, she was wholeheartedly surprised when they essentially did no harm to it at all. The taunting remark it made as it left had little effect on her resolve or her desire to do what was necessary. However, it certainly did make her more willing to trust whatever faction it was that this Filomena character was a member of. Given that she already possessed weaponry which was quite impressive, and more to her liking than any of the ranged weapons that she would likely have no idea how to use, she decided not to pick something out of the equipment. Rather, she silently made her way off in the direction of the showers which had been mentioned earlier. Not caring which of the bathrooms she entered, she picked one of the four at random and closed the door behind her without taking the precaution of locking it. She quickly disrobed, placing the electrified claws atop the neat pile of her clothing and within easy reach if she should need to defend herself. Then, before any perverts could have a chance to spy on her, she was under a stream of hot water washing herself.

Archived