Dread Inquisition : 1ST Contest : Prizes changed!!!

The Ruby

Dread Inquisition's First Contest

Prerequisite: None

Rules: For our first contest we want to make things simple.

1. Present One Card.

there, now wasn't that easy. ^_^

Just create one card of anykind, Start ASAP...

The cards will be judged by The Elite Members Of The Dread Army.

You Have Until March 7, to enter your Cards.

All Winners will be presented in our first edition of "The Dread Inquisition" which is a Newsletter. Not only will the winners receive a prize but in turn gain publicity. ^_^

The Inquisition will be published on March 9, 2008.

------------------------------------------------------

now for what you people are really looking for...

Prizes

1ST Place - 3 REPs & 70 Points

2ND Place - 2 REPs & 50 Points

3RD Place - 1 REP & 40 Points

*Prizes may go up in the following days ^_^

-Considering there are other members in the dread army than myself. prizes can be given by the other members.

----------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to minimize the number of entrys to about 10

1. Frex

2. Supreme Gamemaster Yddisac

3. Barsam

4. BurmysRUs

5. Seth3113

6. G4v5

7. Grayall

8. Card Maker Shinigami

9. Da Pokemon Lord

10. Alexman

11. FiRaven

---------------------------------------------

Once your entered you can submit as many cards as you want and the best card of the selection will be chosen.

Also the number of entrants can be raised.

------------------------------------------------

If you would like to check out the Dread Inquisition's club,

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/showthread.php?tid=27319

Here is my entry:

333kfb7.jpg

The effect of this card may be a little confusing, so here is an example of how it works:

1. Opponent activates Rare Metalmorph on Cyber Dragon

2. Carrobo gains 500 ATK instead of Cyber Dragon.

3. Cyber Dragon is still immune to 1 Spell card by the effect of Rare Metalmorph.

[i do not own the image in this card. The owner of this image is Yang]

Great More People Your In !!!

The "Dread Army: Best Of The Forum" is the club in charge of a Newsletter which will be published on March 9. This will be the first Edition Of "The Dread Inquisition." You can only be in the club if you contribute to the newsletter. Feel free to enter the club, but make sure, if you enter, contribute to the newsletter by march 8 or you'll be kicked out. Also being on the "Inquisition" Gives great Benefits. ^_^

Here's The Club,

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/showthread.php?tid=27319

[align=center]createcard-4php-3.jpg

Beautiful Warrior, Gina

------------------------------------------

While this card is face-up on your side of the field, all the monsters on your opponent's side of the field cannot attack this monster. This card cannot attack your opponent directly . If this card attacks a monster with a ATK that is higher than this card's ATK, this card is not destroyed as a result of battle. If a monster on your opponent's side of the field was attacked by this card, destroy it at the end of turn.

[i do not own the artwork used for my cards. I only use them as a means of increasing the overall quality and effect of my work. I do not claim ownership of them.]

Artist: Wolfberserker[/align]

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

*smacks* WHAT'S UP WITH THE TITLE, THEN?!

Well, whatever. I'd judge if I didn't specifically advise against entrants judging. I can still offer my opinions on all the cards, though:

Carrobo, the Walking Root: My only big qualms are a wording error and the fact that the effect doesn't fit the card. I figure the effect isn't worded right, but I don't know how to word it myself. Hm. Good card.

Draconic Hunting Instincts: The idea is that the hunting dragon finds another potential target immediately after it takes its first victim, and then preys on a separate target. I like it.

Dread Armies Soldier: Man, is that sucking up! I think it's slightly overpowered, and should say "monster" instead of "creature." Other than that, it's pretty good.

Beautiful Warrior Gina: It's pretty dang good. There are some OCG errors, though, and I think it's overpowered. This is what it ought to read:

This card cannot be selected as an attack target. This card cannot attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If this card attacks a monster with a ATK that is higher than this card's ATK, this card is not destroyed as a result of battle (Damage Calculation is applied normally.). If a monster on your opponent's side of the field was attacked by this card, negate the attack. During your End Phase, if a monster on your opponent's side of the field was attacked by this monster, destroy it. Each time this card destroys a monster by its own effect, draw 1 card.

I personally think that it should say:

This card cannot be selected as an attack target. This card cannot attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If a monster on your opponent's side of the field was attacked by this card, negate the attack. During your End Phase, if a monster on your opponent's side of the field was attacked by this monster, destroy it. Each time this card destroys a monster by its own effect, draw 1 card.

That way it's less overpowered.

Flaming Force Bow: "Deck" should be capitalized, "Graveyard" should be capitalized, "can't not" should be "cannot," and "This card can only be equipped with "Cabal - Force Archer" should be "This card can only be equipped to "Cabal - Force Archer." Just little things like that.

Carrobo' date=' the Walking Root: My only big qualms are a wording error and the fact that the effect doesn't fit the card. I figure the effect isn't worded right, but I don't know how to word it myself. Hm. Good card.[/quote']

Thanks. I know the name doesn't really fit the effect. I can only say that in the same way a root absorbs nutrients, Carrobo absorbs ATK. I could have named it "Carrobo, the Power-Absorption Root", but that's a quite long name.

All entrants have been entered. I will still allow more entrants so if you still want to be entered go ahead, though i'll stop taking entrys on March 4, that if anyone else wants to enter they can and because i have a lot of entrys already...^_^

Archived