Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [IC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

Kohakuchan19

Amber could not help but get comfortable under the quilt as Leon cuddled her, but she herself had already slept plenty, and she was surprisingly okay considering all the stress she had been going through bother physically and mentally. She needed to get her deck ready though, she didn't really get a chance to do prepare for the semi finals. Reluctantly, she climbed out of the bed and gave Leon a kiss.

[b]"You get some sleep Leon.. I need to get my deck ready.. I'll wake you up when it's time to get going."[/b] She said, just before heading back to the other room. She sat down and started to look through her two decks. There were a lot of things she could do with both, as they were basically the same decks.. except for the monster type anyway. she looked to Sonya.

[b]"Sonya...? I know he was just joking about the whole me being a hassle... but... what do you think... I was absolutely terrible last night... sure I talked a number into helping us at the end there.. but up to that point... Everyone... My friends... they were all there willing risk their lives for my sake.. Zebby and Leon too... I'm not strong at all... not like these guys..."[/b]

[color=#000080][b]"I guess a bagel or something wouldn't hurt.. I'm not much of a breakfast person." [/b][/color]Seth answered, straight to the point.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dorian pouted jokingly at Seth's lack of enthusiasm for food. Though seeing him in dog costume just made everything that much better.

[color=#ff8c00]You're no fun[/color]...he said with a smile trying not to laugh as he placed his order... Within seconds the doorbell rang with a wide assortment of delicious breakfast snacks for Dorain and Butler to try. Of course Butler was busy attending to scaly in the bathroom but Dorian was happy. The attendant tried hard not to look at Seth and laugh but it was hard not to stare. Once the attendant left Dorian proceeded to look at several dishes and laugh and simply sample everything. Naturally there was a small plate with a rather lavish bagel prepared for Seth this also came with another plate of freshly made cream cheese, a small yet opulent serving of Lox, small ramekins filled fresh jams, and tall glass of OJ. The staff must have thought that Dorian ordered the bagel to test their ability to make something so bland seem great. He chuckled as he was nibbling on a danish.

[color=#ff8c00]Go on you can eat your bagel, I almost feel sorry for you not trying to experience the finer things in life. I'm curious though why haven't you tried to contact goggles. Surely she's up prepping for her big day. She could probably use some kind words from a friend right now.[/color]

Josep's eyes opened and looked at Butler, nothing else, there was no reaction, but it was possible that Butler, having dealt with young children in the past could see the emptiness in his eyes, as if everything in Josep's soul had grasped and torn out of him violently. "This isn't where I expected to wake up....." he stood up and lifted his hand, a large black cloud surrounded his body and reached out to where the clothes they were going to give him was, but it burned to ash as it entered the cloud, the cloth mixing in and forming a different shape, a long black trench coat covered him over a black shirt with two straps going across his chest and intersecting at his heart, a pocket holding one card seemed to beat, his pants had barely changed but were adorned with metal chains connected to where his deckbox would be. "this is better...."

The boy looked at the butler once more and then moved past him where his duel disk was at, he picked it up and placed it on his arm, it's shape changing from the old KC white to a midnight black, the card holder in the shape of a zero from the Number Symbols, as he also placed his failing D-gazer it imprinted itself into his eye, much like the lack hole he had gained much earlier in his second day, it formed a tattoo, much like Tron's children. "I'll be going now......the tournament is about to start......" he said solemnly as he started walking out to where Dorian was currently at.

There Dorian was nibbling on assorted delicacies and fruit when young Joesp walked out. Of course Dorian was surprised by this new "look" the Dragon boy was going for and how he seemed to get it. Dorian gave a quick look to Seth just to make sure the dog didn't know about this sort of thing ahead of time. Butler on the other hand could see the void that Joesp had become quite sad for a child of his age, but still he did his job and the boy was clean.He simply followed Joesp out the door and into the hall of the main suite where he made eye contact with his master. Almost as if he was sending messages through his gaze.

Dorian gave a slight snicker at Joesp's new outfit and persona. [color=#ff8c00]Aren't you scary? I feel as if I should offer you human sacrifice rather than breakfast.[/color] He waited to see if Joesp would come back with a witty retort but it wasn't likely. What this did prove though was that something big did go down last night and he missed it. Dorian jokingly cursed his need for sleep.

Josep looked over to Dorian, his dead eyes only looking around the area for while, before completely ignoring him and moving out of the room, around the hallway the thuds of people falling to their knees was heard, one look outside would show the other guests and maids, people who haven't been around Numbers nor felt their presence were getting nearly wiped out from Josep simply passing them by, their eyes looked tired and drained, as if their life had almost been taken from them, Josep however didn't notice, he kept moving along, his own eyes starting to black out, however in his mind Josep looked and saw everything as normal. "now then to the tournament.....we have a long day ahead of us....." two voices rang through the hall, both were Josep, but one was definitely deeper.

Aivea headed towards the tournament, swaying in her strange way as she did, sparks occasionally appearing around her every now and then. With every passing hour, her Number - Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon - grew more and more powerful, being a much better user for the number than the half-mechanical Rai and only aided by the fact that she had the unique quality of having come from another dimension. When Numbers bond with someone of another dimension, they tend to grow more powerful than usual, as was the case with Atsuko and Chris.

[i]How're we gonna deal with that ironclad kid?[/i] Aivea asked her Number, slightly disturbed by Tron’s ‘introduction’ last night.

[b][i]The same as usual. However, we need collect as many Numbers as possible before we face him, so my power will be enough to destroy that ridiculous amount of Numbers he has. He is not a human.[/i][/b] 91 affirmed. [b][i]Against this Balian brat, collecting Number 89 is now a [u]must.[/u][/b][/i]

[i]You promised me the [b]world,[/b] that [b]all[/b] shall know my name,[/i] his host retorted. [i]So you’d better help me win this tournament, got that?![/i]

[b][i]Do not question my commands, little girl. We shall show him true power. All will come to fruition in the end.[/b][/i]

--------------------------

Unbeknownst to Aivea and her Number, cameras watched them as they walked by. Thanks to Mr Heartland, Dr Faker now had his eye on them and watched their activities constantly. If the two of them tried to do anything suspicious, they were easy targets to take out.

[color=brown][i]Should I terminate her now and take her Number?[/i][/color] He asked himself. [color=brown][i]…No. I will have [i]more[/i] than enough an opportunity for that during the Duel Coaster.[/i][/color]

He had cameras positioned all around the tournament, watching everything as they went by. But so far, there was still no sign of Tron or any of his three sons. He intended to have that iron child eliminated on sight before he could have a chance to participate in the semifinals, his presence was too much of a danger and risk to the delicate balance that held up the Duel Carnival.

Though perhaps he should have been paying better attention to Dorian’s strange accomplice.

Well Dorian had quickly arrived at the tournament grounds. Clearly one of the earlier contestants. Though the crowd was steadily rolling in. While he was getting slight amusement at Joesph's new darker self he had to appear humble in front of the huge crowd. Dorian unlike everyone else for some reason didn't have knowledge about the duel coaster before hand so he was a little off put by the attraction. How was this supposed to work? Will there be loops of any kind? Will I be able to keep my glasses on throughout this? Are there seat belts because there doesn't appear to be any seat belts?

Oh my God! Please let there be seat belts he said allowed in a slight moment of panic. Butler was busy in the stands holding the pet boy by the collar. Of course the seen got some attention but it appears that the group arrived before Amber and Co. Logical since peasants like her most likely don't have anything to do in life anyway so they have no concept of being on time anyway. That masked menace can teleport and has the powers of what could easily be all other numbers so there is a good chance he is either here or will just do something trollish just because he can. Luckily Joesph was apparently ready to fulfill his roll in Dorian's plan and well Dorian's spirits were ready.

III was restless.

Yes, he had gotten to sleep...maybe not for a long time, but his issue wasn't drowsiness. He was...fidgety, more like it. Behavior easily mistaken for excitement, to those oblivious to the troubled thoughts within his mind, all but hidden beneath the calm, bright shine of his green eyes and the well-pressed formal attire he wore, even now at the tournament finals.

Yet he was restless, constantly wondering and worrying, and adjusting. He shuffled through his Deck quickly, making last minute preparations and altering those almost as quickly as he put them in. The Duel Coaster, the stage for the prelude of the finals, was operating under slightly different conditions, and he wanted to be sure his Deck would be able to withstand them, so that he could aid his family when the matches came.

He had also mulled over his strategy for the Coaster scene. Simply avoiding confrontation was unlikely to be enough, although jumping into a fray would be tactically suicide if there was an endurance strategy. So for this reason, III was frequently altering key cards of his Deck, to limit the openings his Dueling style may pose. He wanted to have a mix of offense and defense, and the ability to bring out heavy hitters, but not to be so aggressive that his Deck would fall apart at the first sign of a better monster.

Of course, he also wanted to locate opponents who had Numbers, which may require him to use a strategy to swiftly bring out his own Numbers and counter the effects of the opposing Number. Decisions, decisions.

III's eyes glanced around at the others gathered with him, studying them as subtly as possible. Which of them would show symptoms of Number possession, or simply ownership of one? He supposed he'd know more as things got started. While shifting through his Deck for at least the sixth time, he paused at the four black bordered cards at the end of the pile. One was his most familiar card, his first and primary Number. The two after it were his trophies from the preliminaries. His gaze settled on the latter of the two, a Rank 4 depicting a gold and white warrior wielding a sword.

Now this...could prove useful. The duelist he had won it from had shown him the card's strength before it had finally been taken down, and its offense outmatched Machu Mach slightly, had easier Summoning conditions than the other Rank 4 Number he had, and its effect was useful. Perhaps it could be one of his main cards for the Coaster, keeping a solid Number defense with offensive potential, and defend it with Traps and its own effect. Cheap, but it would be good bait for Number hunters, making his own hunting easier.

The corners of his mouth twitched, and he touched the fourth card with tentative fingers. He had never actually used this Number; it was a special, significantly more powerful Number than Machu Mach, and entrusted to him by Tron. III had chosen to consider it his ultimate ace, to be used only when absolutely necessary. Perhaps one of the matches today would require its use, and if not...well, then that was fine, too.

Shaking off the brief fascination regarding his Extra Deck, he slipped the cards back into the Deck box and waited for things to get started.

Blazey opened her eyelids slowly and groggily. She was in her and Mikey's room, and it was morning. She rolled over in bed, wanting go back to sleep, before the realization of what day it was hit her. "S**T!" She yelled, springing up out of her bed. "THE SEMIFINALS ARE TODAY! SOON!" She glanced over to the other side of the room, noticing Mikey still fast asleep. "He'll have to wake up soon! I have to [i]go, go, go!" [/i]She grabbed some clothes hurriedly, replacing her usual white-and-red ensemble with a white jacket, a black shirt, and a pair of denim jeans. She pin-balled out the room and towards the bathroom down the corridor, but heard a bit of laughter. She turned back to see Lady Heat and Stratos, already up, apparently, chuckling at the door of her room. She pushed down the anger she was holding for them not waking her up and locked herself in the bathroom, striped down, and got into the shower.

At the sound of the pat-pat-pat of the shower, Mikey awoke slowly. He sat up in bed and yawned, checking the time. "Oh yeah," he yawned, "The semifinals. Better get ready." He got up out of bed and walked over to his closet. "Should I stick with the same outfit, guys?" he asked seemingly no one. "[color=#8b4513]Nah, go with something different. [/color][color=#800080]I'll agree with Dogma. You've stuck with that same old jacket the past three days. [/color][color=#000080]I agree. [/color][color=#ff0000]I don't really[/color][color=#000080] [/color][color="#ff0000"]care. I have no sense in 'fashion,' according to Lady Heat, so go with your gut, I guess." [/color]Mikey chuckled, enjoying the usual banter of his 'other parts.' He grabbed a black, short trench coat, oddly, and a red shirt, accompanied by a pair of dark denim jeans. He went to the downstairs shower to clean himself up.

In a few minutes, Blazey was out of the shower and dressed, and used some gel to give her hair a little extra bounce. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. [color=#40e0d0]You look especially pretty today, Miss Blaze. [/color]Blazey looked down, surprised to see Ice Edge at the door to the bathroom. "Thanks, Edge," she said to the young duel spirit. "I want to look good for the semis!" She giggled. She turned and went downstairs, hearing the sound of the downstairs. She walked over to the table in the kitchen and made a quick breakfast of pancakes. She gobbled them up quickly, then thought for a moment. What happened at the end of last night? There was that Tron guy...no, she had said something to Neo...

~~~

[i]"Neo?" Blazey had asked, turning to talk to him. The threw her hand around him, in a passionate embrace, unlike the forced hugs she'd given him before. "I...I know that y-you want-t to protect everyone..." she said, crying into Neo's chest. "B-but...I don't want you to get hurt!" He cry grew into a deep, terrified sob. "I care about you! D-d-don't put yourself in more danger than you can handle! I-I-I..." She sniffled. "I don't want to see you get hurt. This Tron guy! Don't...don't go up against him...he could do some serious damage." She lifted her head up, looking him in the eyes. "I...I...I...I don't know how to put this..." she shoved her face back into Neo's chest.[/i]

[i]"I think I love you, Neo." But her voice was probably to muffled for Neo to hear.[/i]

[i]~~~[/i]

She was tearing up a bit at her breakfast table just remembering it. She had ran off shortly afterwords, not getting a chance to say goodbye. "I really said it." At that point, a pair of hands came down on her shoulders. "[i]Boo!" [/i]Blazey shrieked. "Mom! Don't do that!" Blazey turned around to see her mom, Penny Blaze, smiling at her. "Don't be sour, Sylvia. I just wanted to wish you look today." Her mom had long and silky black hair, down to her shoulders, and wore a red dress. "Well, you didn't have to scare me." Blazey stood up and hugged her mom none the less. "Good luck, Blazey." Her mom said. Blazey sighed. Her mom knew nothing of the dangers that lay ahead. If only she could tell her...

Mikey had gotten ready at this point, and had began eating a bagel by the time his mom had walked into the room. His dad, Lyndon Blaze, had entered the room shortly afterwords, wearing a dark blue long coat and carrying the youngest Blaze Family member, Archer L. Blaze. He had black hair, like his mom, but was only a year old, so it hardly showed. Lyndon smiled, and, putting Archer down, as he could walk by know, patted Mikey on the back. "Best of luck to you both," he said. "You'll need to work as a team. That's what your decks are all about, right?" Mikey nodded and grinned. "Right you are, Dad." Lyndon smiled again. "Remember that card I gave you at the beginning of the tourney?" Mikey nodded again. "Use it well. I'm off to work." Lyndon kissed his wife, hugged Blazey, and was out the door. "C'mon, sis." Mikey said. "We better go." He picked up Archer and hugged him briefly, then hugged his mom, and grabbed Blazey's hand, pulling her out the door. "Bye, you two!" Their mom cried after them.

The twins were off. Time to shine!

Meanwhile, deep inside his shadowy prison, Malicious Edge, chuckled. [color=#add8e6]She'll have no choice but use me, eventually. [/color]

Dorian was slowly watching the peasant folk mosey on in to their inevitable slaughter. No one important had arrived which just made the event all to boring. Curse his proper upbringing to be early for important events. It doesn't matter though he was ready and he had a new toy from his daddy that he wanted to show off. He looked around at who was actually in attendance at this even so far and they weren't threatening figures. Well minus dragon boy but he seems to be in fine spirits so that plan can move along. As for everyone else. There was James (whose name he did not know) the peeping Tom who was watching Dorian be yelled at by the escaped gorilla, there was Kaiba girl who was exuding power and like an untamed beast but that was to be expected of her. Finally there was...well Dorian didn't know it was a pink haired boy who looked quite conservative. His presence was deep and almost thought provoking. His attire was so formal it was hyperbolic. Dorian felt threatened for a second. As he went through the list of finalist in his head he didn't really recall this image and the banquet itself was so eventful that it he didn't get a chance to check out each and every finalist.

He took a deep breath and entered the depths of his own mind.

[i][color=#ff8c00]Okay fellas what do we have on the pink haired one? I don't like surprises. Which is weird you think someone who has pink hair would stand out more.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#ffd700]Well he does have a number... [/color][/i]spoke Illumiknight [color=#ffd700][i]but something is weird about him its as if we can't do anything regarding him.[/i][/color]
[i][color=#a52a2a]Odd I feel nothing of the sorts [/color][/i]replied Anansi as he simply shrugged.
[i][color=#ff8c00]Wait lets run that back the Numbers have a problem and the Nyame clan doesn't. CRAP!! That means he's one of Tron's kids. [/color][/i]
[color=#a52a2a][i]So what are you going to do m[/i][/color][i]ultiple Tron's running around isn't something you can handle even with Dragon boy? [/i]
Dorian looked distress for a moment then the lightbulb went off in his head.[color=#ff8c00][i] Ah but you forget I still have Goggle slut and her friends and Kaiba girl, they'll probably care more about beating Tron than me. Ha I still win.....I think I should go punch some babies after this thing is through. I wonder does Butler know of a good orphanage?[/i][/color]
[i][color=#a52a2a]Twisted[/color],[/i] [i][color=#ffd700]Very[/color][/i]

[color=#ff8c00]Hatas gonna Hate [/color]he said out loud as he left the recesses of his mind and approached this young lad with the pink hair. [color=#ff8c00]Hello there young sir[/color] he said with a polite smile on his face. [color=#ff8c00]Ready for the games to begin?[/color] He simply through out a filler question to see what kind of person this boy was. Seeing as not even half of the participants had fully arrived yet so he had some down time to figure out if this boy was as crazy as Tron was.

James still continued to resist the negative emotion his Numbers that infused within his soul. He had to get off his dependence on the Numbers that he recently craved in the Preliminaries. However, from observing the potential threats that lurked within the other WDC survivors, James knew that he had still some last minute adjustments to do if he could survive the Duel Coaster or at least get his revenge on IV.

He developed a new and bright strategy for the WDC Semi-finals that evolved from many tests he had suffered during the WDC Preliminaries. During every duel despite the outcome, James has always maintained a good hand and Field advantage with minimum effort, maybes add Life Points to the list so he could endure the Coaster. The laid back teen never thought he needed to give it 100% if he wanted to avoid too much attention. But this time, James is actually going to maximise his efforts by using some cards from his secondary deck into his primary deck.

Grabbing three cards from his pocket and placing them in his Extra Deck, James smirked his he then held his D-Pad in box mode, in his hands.[color=#daa520][i] ‘All set,’[/i][/color] he thought as he then once again resumed to looking around and analysing his future Opponent’s.

[color=#daa520][b]“My fate shall be complete, the stars are on my side,”[/b][/color] James muttered quietly.

___

[color=#800080][i]‘Perfect…I am prepared,’[/i][/color]

Immediately after the thoughts echoed weakly across to other Numbers like what they are already doing, the masked man, Omega entered fairly late. He walked onto the arena lifeless as he was hidden in the black robe as his head was low. Tiny drops of purple goo trailed behind him from his hand hidden in the long sleeved black robe.

Recalling his lane that he registered in, Omega knew he had the tactical advantage. He was at the edge in lane 1 making him barely unnoticed. Most duelists would be focused on dealing with Tron if they are Number Holders/Hunters because of him having most of the Numbers, but the chances are, they will be defeated. Once the opposing Number Hunters on the Coaster is weakened, Omega will simply sweep through and take their Numbers.

Simple.

The only problem was that the Opponent’s on the lanes close to him will notice him and attack him. But Omega will just bargain with them before being provoked.

Faust finally reached the duel coaster he had been able to lay low through most of the tournament and hadn't gotten any numbers but it didn't matter to him his strategy didn't need them and the important thing for him was moving forward and not get in any trouble. He noticed Omega moving to the side and getting ready to follow a similar strategy to himself and decided to stick to the side as well and wait for duelist to lose life points and then swoop in for quick victories though he was still going over the coasters rules so he wouldn't come against anything unexpected, he liked how the rules seemed to be tailored to help his deck but he also knew other people would bring in strategies for the new rules as well.

Meanwhile, Dr Faker was still busy researching on all the participants, a last-minute research that couldn't be put to waste. He had successfully determined III and IV's true names (Michael and Thomas) and had traced their backgrounds to a particular orphanage. It seemed as though their pasts had been quite miserable. He was also curious about that 'Aivea' character, who up to now still didn't seem to yield any results in the database. It was possible that she was similar to that Chris guy and Atsuko.

He had connections with Dorian's falling family, being well familiar with them. What worried him a little was the participant at the very other edge of the Duel Coaster, 'Omega', and another stange entity 'Faust'. Enigmas that he couldn't even begin to identity. There were less important participants like Blazey, Mikey, and Neo, none of which were likely to have any Numbers. He didn't concern himself with them.

He looked at the slot that had 'Rector Yuda' listed on it, the thirteenth slot, the very middle. He hadn't yet informed the world of Rector's demise, and he had no doubt that Tron would be there. Being in the very middle was convenient. Due to being in the middle, many opponents would target and attack him. Hopefully he would be weakened enough by the constant onslaught of attacks to be defeated by his Heart-eartH cards.

It seemed as though that this Duel Coaster was going to be really complicated.

Atsuko stood there in the morning light of the hotel room. Chris was checking over his deck, but she was examining something on her chest, a reminder of her home.
[color=#A9A9A9]"What is that there, [i]imouto-chan[/i]? It's rather pretty."[/color] Number Eighteen spoke up inside of Atsuko's mind.
[color=#FF0000]"Nothing important...I just hope it won't do anything this time around."[/color]
[color=#D4AF37]"You ready, kid?"[/color] Chris inquired as Atsuko hastily put her shirt back on.
[color=#FF0000]"Chris!"[/color] She cried out. [color=#FF0000]"Stay out of the bathroom when I'm in here!"[/color]
He did so and closed the door as she finished getting ready, but from the other side of the door, she heard him wonder. [color=#D4AF37]"And how's your Number doing today?"[/color]
[color=#FF0000]"She's fine. She's just really happy to be complete, and have someone to talk to."[/color]
[color=#D4AF37]"You sure you can trust her? It took ages for me to trust mine."[/color]
[color=#FF0000]"She's harmless. She was just scared, lonely, and in pain."[/color]
[color=#D4AF37]"She could just be playing to your good side."[/color]
[color=#FF0000]"I don't think so. I don't feel any different."[/color]
[color=#D4AF37]"Well, just be careful. We'll roll out in 5."[/color]
She could hear him leave the door, and she asked Eighteen. [color=#FF0000]"So...are you...?"[/color]
Eighteen cackled sinisterly in Atsuko's mind. [color=#A9A9A9]"Mwa ha ha ha! You have unveiled my master plan to turn you into the best little sister ever!"[/color]
Atsuko snorted at the terrible proclamation. [color=#FF0000]"That was kinda funny."[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]"You're welcome, [i]imouto-chan[/i]."[/color]

Still at Leon's Apartment, Amber was sorting through her deck in attempt to make it better, and to have more endurance.. She didn't want to have to use Zebulos or Star until it was absolutely necessary, in which case she would need to find a way to keep their abilities usable for longer.. She knew just what to add into her deck with that thought, and added those cards into her deck, switching them out with cards that she had never even needed throughout the tournament thus far. She looked at her two main decks.. and pondered.. [b][i]"Should I mix the two together...? They both work very similarly.... The majority of the monsters are level four.. Uses United We Stand..."[/i][/b]

[b][i][color=#008080]"Amber.. We need to talk about Kohaku's condition..."[/color][/i][/b]

Amber stopped for a moment to listen to Zebulos. [b]"It's about what happened last night right...? Is she okay..?"[/b]

[b][color=#008080]"Physically yes.. but she has little to no memory of her life.. She barely remembers her own name.. or who we are.."[/color][/b]

[b]"What can I do...?"[/b]

[b][color=#008080]"We need to find Number 8... He is the only one who could possibly help her regain her memories."[/color][/b]

[b]"I see.. but how are we going to get him to help..?"[/b]

• 4 weeks later...

After Amber had finished modifying her deck to her liking, She stood up and looked to Zebulos.

[b]"We're running short on time.. We'll have to go on ahead to the tournament without Leon.."[/b]
[b][color=#008080]"Are you sure...?"[/color][/b]
[b]"If he doesn't show up it'll be just as well.. He might actually be safer if he doesn't go into the Finals.."[/b]
[b][color=#008080]"I see.. As you wish then..."[/color][/b] Zebulos looked to Sonya. [color=#008080][b]"We must be on our way.. Tell Leon we went on ahead..."[/b][/color]

With that, Amber picked up her cards, and walked out the door with Zebulos' spirit by her side. She wandered the streets of the city, headed towards the location of the tournament. On the way, Amber thought about recent happenings, and especially the events from the night before...

[i]"Can we really do this...? What if we have to face off with our friends...? I don't want them to be hurt... by my hand or someone else's..."[/i]

Amber finally made it to the Duel Coaster, and walked right into the stadium, where she could expect to see the others.. and she saw them... She also so Seth, dressed in some kind of ridiculous costume. Amber looked over to Dorian, angry... FURIOUS even... But she had to keep her cool.... She just had to.. She walked up to her assigned Car, and stood by, waiting for further instruction.

• 2 weeks later...

Dorian was simply waiting for a reply from this pink haired stranger but it didn't seem like he was getting one. [color=#ff8c00][i]Bah humbug[/i][/color] he thought to himself and proceed to walk away. It was at that moment he felt the glare of disdain and malice fall upon him. His head perked up, he smiled, he turned around, and that is when he saw her. Goggle Slut had finally arrived. Oh did elation ensue. This means that she clearly must have bore witness to his newest pet and he had to laugh at such a feat. [color=#ff8c00]I knew I smelled sweat, shame, and rusted token money[/color] he said with a slight grin making sure he didn't seem totally insane in front of the public. But she was right about one thing. It was time to get to the starting position and it seemed like the events would start up pretty soon so he should get to what he assumed would be his allotted mode of transport. Fortunately he had to walk past her to do it. Dorian grabbed his briefcase as he slowly made his way to Amber and when he got to her he simply waved and gave a seemingly polite smile.

[color=#ff8c00]Hi there[/color] he said as he walked pass sound gentle mainly because the cameras were on him. They couldn't see his mouth but it was safe to assume that any wild forms of villainous laughter or boasting would be caught on camera and that would look bad for his father's image. [color=#ff8c00]I see you saw my new pet, he doesn't get out much but I thought this would be good for him. Don't worry though I've already made sure he's been neutered so you're free to go see him later.[/color] He left her without a chance to response as he just felt proud of himself. And the worse was yet to come for the poor goggle slut.

Rai cautiously eyed the zombie-walking Aivea from nearby, and watched as she entered the stadium before he himself dared to reveal his presence. It was her, and Thunderspark Dragon's influence was highly visible even from her. Her corruption was so obvious that he found it miracle that she was still allowed within the Duel Carnival. She should've been disqualified the moment she stepped foot in. But in any case, she would be an obvious target for the Number hunters, and he had no interest of re-engaging her, lest Number 91 latch itself back onto him.

[color=orange][i]So...that's the girl who stole your Number?[/i][/color] 77 remarked. [color=orange][i]Kid, she's dying. Her cells are bursting as we speak, 91 is heavily straining her body, rupturing her cells and nerves without her even knowing. She'll only survive a day, at most...[/i][/color]

[i]That's scary,[/i] Rai replied. The only reason why he himself had survived 91's influence for all those months was because of his cybortic parts. [/i]Anyway, we should go out now.[/i]

With that, he walked into the stadium himself, observing it. It was humungous, and all the 'coasters' seemed to have been prepared. So the duels would be a Duel Coaster style, and eliminate all participants but the ones suitable for the finals, which could be just about anyone. He doubted he would be among them, but on the off-chance that he triumphed over even Tron, he would probably hand over his wish over to someone else, like Amber.

Then he noticed a familiar black man...and ran over to him.

"Hey, Mr. Schroeder! Nobody told me you entered the Duel Carnival." He greeted with a slight bit of familiarity, and bowed. "I don't really know your name, sorry, but I would like to thank Schroeder Corp, your grandfather to be exact, for developing the technology that kept me alive and running." Then he turned to see...Seth in a strange costume... "Uh...Mr. Schroeder...?"

[color=orange][i]Kid. This guy is Dorian. Dorian von Schroeder. I overheard someone say his name.[/i][/color]

[i]You're kidding. Dorian, that torturous maniac who's been tormenting Amber the past few days...is a part of the Schroeder family...?!?[/i]

After this realization, he took a small step back, but one noticable nevertheless. "Dorian [i]von Schroeder[/i], huh...?" He murmured, in a surprised tone.

----------------

Meanwhile, Dr. Faker was preparing for the other twenty-four participants to appear first before he made his own, still observing everyone from the sidelines. At around the same time, Tron walked invisibly across the stadium, giggling excitedly as he did so. 'Tron' was a name devised by Byron Arclight, when he had still been Byron Arclight. He had a feeling that he would be taking off the iron mask he wore, sometime during the finals. It was a little troublesome.

Dorian looked as someone had run up to him. he blinked a couple of times as this manic person revealed himself to be a fan of Schroeder Corp. Or he just had a nice smile either way it didn't matter this was a much pleasant surprise. Dorian could only smile at this new comer and he noticed Butler and Seth still in the waiting area. He moved his head to the stands ever so slightly and Butler understood the signal and he tugged Seth's chain and they made their way to the stands. Where they would be seated. Dorian noticed how the young man stood back and muttered his name with an slight emphasis on the surname.

[color=#ff8c00]Don't worry about that, the boy just made a bet and lost so you know how it is typical little prank for a day.[/color] He chuckled playfully as he engaged this young lad in conversation. [color=#ff8c00]Though yes my entrance into the tournament was a little hush hush seeing as there was so much action on the opening day. I must admit there were so many amazing competitors out there I really don't know how I made it. I'm a little ashamed to say I think I lucked out and played against some people who weren't as talented as those who made it here.[/color] All while he was throwing out complimentary word play with this young Rai Dorian kept getting this nagging feeling he knows this face. Sure he read up on everyone at the tournament finals but there was something in this boy that made him want to facepalm instantly, but what was it? [color=#a52a2a][i]He was in the arcade with Amb...I mean goggle skank who spreads her legs for token money[/i][/color] Anansi answered in his head. It was then that his face changed for bright and happy to disappointed for a just a second. Almost like a nervous tick triggered his sixth sense of "ugh."

[color=#ff8c00]Well I wish you good luck in the tournament as I'm sure some spoiled rich kid like me can barely keep up with people who have true skill like yourself. And while I'm glad that Schroeder Corp was able to help you in some way. Pity I wish there were news cameras here just to hear you say that. Hahahaha[/color] he threw his head back laughing and made his way to his duel coaster ride. [color=#ff8c00]I hope you make it all the way[/color] he said as he waved goodbye.

[i][color=#ffd700]My liege he has a number.[/color][/i] Illumiknight spoke
[i][color=#ff8c00]Of course he does, everyone has one nowadays, you would think that would Tron having so many numbers you wouldn't pop into them every freaking where. Man that girl has too many friends! Seriously are all these boys this stupid or she that good in...[/color][/i]
[color=#a52a2a][i]Calm down and keep your cool you don't want to slip up now do you?[/i][/color]
.[color=#ff8c00][i]..Fine, you're right. Between Lizardus and Tron I don't really think I'll be on people's hit list so I'll just be patient. [/i][/color]

Dorian looked back at the energetic animatron and smiled a peaceful wave just mouthing Good Luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Dorian was conversing with this new person Butler had Seth seated like a dog in the stands surely people were looking, but looks never affected Butler he would do his job vigorously. Though he did not like the idea of his master riding that Duel Coaster thing by himself with Tron, Dr. Faker, and kaiba Girl running around it. Not only that there were also the unstable antics of Amber and her posse of do gooders to contend with. Interesting how this world is all about card games when bullets could make a lot of these problems go away. Butler took what would be the Butler equivalent of a sigh of relief when he remembered that his master was came well prepared for these events and Butler was more than equipped to bail his master out of any unforeseen circumstances. The Schroeder Corporation was not about to let one of their own fall prey to such shenanigans.

Moments later children kept walking by to play with Seth as they were slightly confused with the species of the beast. Butler only smiled and stayed silent as he tugged on Seth's chain as a non-verbal way to say play with the kids like a dog.

After seeing several finalists walk to their Coasters, James decided to mimic that. Approaching the Coaster at lane 20, while firmly avoiding eye contact from other participants, he felt his Numbers trying to use this opportunity to once and for all gain control of him, when he is at his weakest. He stared sternly at his lane ahead while awaiting further instructions from who we presume will be made by Mr. Heartland concerning the rules and such to this unusual round.[b] [color=#daa520]“It’s beginning,” [/color][/b]James muttered feeling excited as he remembered all he had been targeting for since starting his hunt for the Numbers.[color=#daa520][b] “…Finally!” [/b][/color]he shouted pumping his fist into the air.

___

The confident vessel known widely as Omega merely walked towards his Coaster at lane 1 feeling fairly confident in his success considering it was far from the majority of the competition.[color=#800080][i] ‘This is the true beginning of the end, the true alpha of the omega,’[/i][/color] he thought as he felt the purple aura being to surround him as he was prepared completely for the moment.

Amber had hopped into the car numbered 15, as she looked around She noticed Rai talking with Dorian. He seemed cheery at first, but then realized that Dorian was who he was, once he saw Butler and Seth in a Dog Costume. Amber sat down, waiting for others to show, or the the very least for Mr. Heartland to make some sort of announcment.. She noticed that both Emily and Leon were still not here, and was concerned.

[i]"Maybe they slept in...?"[/i]
[i][color=#008080]"It's possible.. But if they don't show at least they won't need to risk their lives if it turns out that they are.."[/color][/i]
[i]"But Tron could easily have his numbers do any of them in.. I'm lucky to even be alive right now..."[/i]

These thoughts were troubling to her, but even more so when she finally noticed Tron was in the arena.

[i]"Number 8.... I bet he's with him now..."[/i]
[i][color=#008080]"Have no fear... Star and I are here for you, and so are our friends.. We'll make it though this.."[/color][/i]
[color=#800080][i]"I'm actually feeling sorry for Seth.. He looks so silly in that costume..."[/i][/color]
[i]"He's a tough guy... and The Police should be looking into his case now.. He'll be free from this mess in no time.."[/i]
[i]__________________[/i]

[i]Seth was already getting tired of being pulled along by a chain, but at least it would be difficult for anyone to see his face. Sometime after Seth and Butler were at the stands, Seth was forced to sit along the steps like a dog. But that wasn't the end of it... soon children were coming along petting his head and wanting to play with what they thought was a dog. Seth never had problems with kids and might have humored them anyway, but was soon given no choice as Butler yanked on his chain, implying that he should play with the kids. [/i]

[color=#000080][b]"grrr... Arf..! Arf..!" [/b][/color]Seth said pawing at one of the kids

"Hee hee... Good Doggie!" The children pet Seth's costume on the head and muzzle. "Shake! Roll Over! Play Dead!"

Seth Did all of those tricks in order, although he urked at "Play Dead"

[color=#000080][i]"Damn you Butler and Dorian... When I get outta this mess you're both going to be Dog Kibble"[/i][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

It had felt like a lifetime had passed, but it was time to begin the finals would mark his appearance to the rest of the duelists, the attention was all on Dorian and Tron, no one paid him any mind, he was only another duelist. but now...his mind was made up, he would fulfill Red-Eyes' tasks and release his true power to end the Numbers once and for all. "Red Eyes, do you have any last things to tell me.....the Numbers can't be killed by non-numbers......"

The Dragon simply bellowed in his mindand before Josep knew it, he was stepping near his car, his cloak flowing from Red-Eyes' influence, he had a chance to look at the steel seat, and saw his reflection......this is what he had become, he no longer resembled himself......it was a bit saddening to see, but he had made sacrifices.....and now he was willing to make more......the souls of the Numbers for the souls of humanity.....it was a difficult burden to carry, but one he now embraced to push him forward.

Amber had been sitting in her car waiting for things to begin, when she felt a dark presence.. but to her surprise it wasn't coming from anyone she would have come to expect. It was coming from Josep.

[b]"Josep....? What's happened to him...? He seems so different..."[/b]

[b][color=#008080]"I fear it has to do with his dragons... or The beast I keep seeing... "[/color][/b]

[b]"The one you were talking about before?"[/b]

[b][color=#008080]"Yes... I also sense Bacterian in the area.."[/color][/b]

[b][color=#4b0082]"We cannot simply focus on one target or the other Amber.. We must be ready to fight off anything that is thrown at us.. and anyone.. I'm sad to say..."[/color][/b]

[b]"I understand... I have accepted the fact that some of my friends and myself are taking serious risks by staying in this tournament.. But... I can't let any of them have their way... Even if I don't win the tournament, I would be able to show humility in knowing that I at least got one or two of them out of here..."[/b]

It was at that moment an announcement was made a Hologram was lit up revealing Mr.Heartland himself, and he seemed rather high spirited.

[color=#008000][b]"Ladies and Gentleman, Boys, Girls, and Duelists from all over the world, Welcome to our World Duelist Carnival Final and most exciting event.. The Duel Coaster! All of Our brave finalists have come to duel their hearts out on this heart-stopping, high-speed roller coaster! Give it up for these brave duelists!"[/b][/color]

The audience was going crazy and making a racket for the contestants

[color=#008000][b]"All of the Rules are simple.. Each of you will start out with 4000 Life Points and you must duel until 8 are left.. All Duelists will be able to Attack or even help another duelist within the dueling parameters of the cart. You can also switch rails at many different points of the coaster, but eventually all will lead to one of 4 tracks which hopefully by then there will only be 8. The top 8 with the most LP by that point will be allowed to continue..Then you will choose a field at the end of the Coaster and duel whoever shows.. Now, will all participating Duelists please enter your cars and insert your Heart Frame Ignition Keys into the slot in front of you."[/b][/color]

Amber looked down in front of her and saw the slot and set her heart piece into the slot. The car then suddenly started up and started to rumble slightly, but still stayed in place for now.

[b]"Cool."[/b]

Rai ran forth and jumped into his coaster excitedly, energetically, flashing out his superhero outfit to everyone without shame. He was only two rows away from Amber. Perfect. It was time to settle this once and for all, his only reason for continuing to participate in this cursed Duel Carnival...!

Number 77 sighed at him, but he ignored the electric dinosaur. Then he put in his Heart Frame, which activated the car, evident as it rumbled slightly. He checked his deck. Good, everything was ready. If he lost here, he would have nothing to regret. He went all out, and that's that.

Though he did glance uncertainly at Dorian, who had turned out to be a member of the Schroeder family.

------------------------------

Aivea walked forth and collapsed into her coaster like some kind of zombie. Her body was starting to get harder and harder for her control, it was starting to hurt even. Electric sparks ocassionally appeared by her legs and arms, actually [i]electrocuting[/i] her, and it hurt. Not enough for her to complain, this was the price for power, but still...it really hurt.

[i]91...[/i] she began, wincing a bit as yet another spark came, this time on her cheek. A small line of blood began to trail from it.

[b][i]Hah. You're powerful, but your body can't handle me much longer,[/b][/i] Thunder Spark Dragon replied ominously, which made her freeze in horror.

[i]WHAT?! You didn't TELL me, you bas-[/i]

[b][i]Relax. All you need to do is to obtain Number 89: Bacterian Overlord. Its power will be enough to keep you alive.[/b][/i]

[i]But...as what....?[/i]

Thunder Spark Dragon didn't reply. Cursing to herself, she thrust in her Heart Frame, and shot a really cold look at IV, four rows away. He was in the 10th, she was in the 6th. She had to beat him as soon as possible if she didn't want to die, and even if she did, she might end up as some sort of zombie. She swore to herself under her breath, heavily. But she also knew that she couldn't throw away 91 like she did with 17, it had already latched itself wholly onto her soul...so she would die anyway if she tried to throw the bas**** away.

--------------

Before Mr Heartland began his announcement, the supposed-to-be-dead teenage duelist Rector Yuda walked in. Having won tournaments, numerous fangirls screamed out his name, but he ignored them with an amused, distorted look. In his right hand, he held a complete Heart Piece. His eyes were heterochromatic, one was gold and one was red. Butf course, it was just an illusion, and all other twenty-four participants had somehow obtained the ability to see the truth beyond the illusion. The audience was fooled, and in fact they didn't yet know of his death.

Beyond the illusion stood Tron, and from the finalists' point of view, they would see the transparent figure of Rector Yuda, but with Tron blatantly standing within. He went into his Coaster and set the heart piece, activating it. He was placed in the very middle; the thirteenth, and there was no doubt that he would become the biggest target. he was the main threat, threatening all the Numbers. His very presence disturbed those present, although only two numbers could be felt directly resonating from him; Number 8 and 69. The rest, the entirety of the rest, they all seemed missing for now.

He turned to smile at Josep not too far away, to remind him of the vial. Then he turned to Amber and gave her a similarly-amused expression, as if daring her to go for him.

---------------------

Dr. Faker was the last, taking the 25th spot, the very last spot. In this position, he could ensure his own safety. There wasn't any real need to participate in this Duel Carnival since the Sphere Field would steal all the Numbers anyway, but there was no telling what might happen. In any case, he had to be cautious, and keep his distance away from Tron as much as possible. Hopefully, somebody else would take care of Tron in this failure of a Carnival.

He inserted his Heart Frame, and the coaster that HE HIMSELF had designed shot to life. He bent low a bit to touch a few things beneath his seat in a specific order, and suddenly he had overrided the controls. Now he had complete control of where he could go.

Josep had closed his eyes, breathing calmly, soon it would all begin, there were alot of powerful duelists, some which resonated more then others, but he knew which had become targets, he placed his heart piece in the slot and let it come to life, he would have manipulated it to give him free access to all opponents, but he was happy enough abiding the rules one last time, he looked at all his opponents, and paid special attention to those he could see Numbers on, some were suffering, some were gaining strength, mad with power, reliant on the Numbers, if only the vial had worked on more then one person......no...these were thoughts of Josep, they had to be ignored, only Red-Eyes should make decisions concerning the Numbers, and the one that had to be punished was......

He could no longer think about it.....did Dorian really pose such a threat? the organizer of this tournament was obviously after the Numbers.....he had more influence.....how could he get to him? He didn't even know what the man looked like....Amber, amber had recieved the gift of Xyz Change.....she had also become more powerful....the Xyz change was the very darkness he was fighting against, the heart of darkness was currently present in her, and anyone else that had gained that power.....Tron himself could never be trusted....no matter what he said, but this would be a difficult fight as he may be as powerful as Josep, maybe more due to experience with the Numbers....

The list had grown, there was no one target, everyone would have to go....

Archived