The Atem Penultimate Banlist

Guest PikaPerson01

Promotes mindless aggro, and rewards bad playing of letting your entire field die only to let you SS a 2100 attack beast next turn.

i agree on this banlist

although... no semis? oh well...

Decent banlists don't need semis. If something is safe to run at 2' date=' it's safe to run at 3. If it's unsafe to run at 3, it's unsafe to run at 2.

[/quote']

you do have a point there

He has a point, and I generally agree with it.

My only exception being cards that search out themselves or others. Ex. Malicious, Apprentice Magician (Although apprentice was just taken off the ban list)

Pika: I like CyDra being unlimited, it can keep the game alive and keep you and on your opponent on your toes.

(I was sure that I had already responded)

But no, I just meant in general.

If a card is overpowered because of the way it searches out itself or others.

Malicious and Apprentice being the only examples I can think of (although, not so much apprentice anymore)

But it ISN'T overpowered.

Imo' date=' Malicious is overpowered (in 3s at least). You can discard for D-Draw. It's a dark monster you can use for D-Armed Dragon, (if you're at 4, you can just remove a malicious to summon another one, and now you have the requirements for Armed Dragon). You can use it for an easy tribute.

how is mystic tomato worse than apprentice magacian? They both can search themselves the old advantage is apprentice can get vindictive magician. Tomato can bring out higher attack monsters. By your reckoning they should limit both

... maybe they should limit Tomato. It is a dark monster, it searches out other dark monsters. That's a pretty quick way to summon D Armed Dragon, eh?

No, the only way to effectively limit Tomato would be to limit it to 1, as you only need 2 tomatos to search out 3 D monsters. And even then, the likelyhood of NOT having another D monster in the graveyard is very slim...

The only solution... BAN MYSTIC TOMATO!

... of course, Apprentice has a similar effect, although it CAN search out MoF, and with Nobleman limited to 1, it will be harder to remove. And if anyone still uses Nephthys, there's that. Crystal Seer, ext.

The only solution... BAN APPRENTICE MAGICIAN!

Although, Dark Armed Dragon isn't the God of Yugioh cards, and the ban list shouldn't be conformed around 1 card.

The only solution... BAN DARK ARMED DRAGON... oh, you already did that... nvm then.

but limiting it or banning it would just criple many stratigies.

Exactly why it's semi-limited. lol

Seriously though' date=' I don't like people running 3 copies of CyDra. I dunno why, it jsut bothers me. Oh, and I hate Cyber End.

[/quote']

Bottomeless Trap Hole = PWNED CyDra

Imo, Malicious is overpowered (in 3s at least). You can discard for D-Draw. It's a dark monster you can use for D-Armed Dragon, (if you're at 4, you can just remove a malicious to summon another one, and now you have the requirements for Armed Dragon). You can use it for an easy tribute.

Treeborn Frog is an infinite tribute engine. Discarding for Destiny Draw doesn't make it broken, if that's the case ban every Destiny Hero monster. Same thing for Dark Armed Dragon when Malicious isn't the problem, but Dark Armed Dragon itself.

Prometheus, or Strike Ninja allow for Dark Armed Dragon to meet his requirement a lot easier than Malicious does.

... of course' date=' Apprentice has a similar effect, although it CAN search out MoF, and with Nobleman limited to 1, it will be harder to remove. And if anyone still uses Nephthys, there's that. Crystal Seer, ext.

The only solution... BAN APPRENTICE MAGICIAN!

[/quote']

Prove that the presence of Apprentice Magician will be bad for the game. Just because a card can be used doesn't mean it needs to be banned.

Archived