The Atem Penultimate Banlist

Because more than half of the tourney topic has been consumed by arguments over the cards on the list, here's a new topic to absorb those arguments and make room in the YVD tourney topic.

I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck or Side Deck:

ACCUMULATED FORTUNE

BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER - ENVOY OF THE BEGINNING

BUTTERFLY DAGGER - ELMA

CARD OF SAFE RETURN

CHANGE OF HEART

CHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE END

CHAOS SORCERER

CHIMERATECH OVERDRAGON

CONFISCATION

CRUSH CARD VIRUS

CYBER END DRAGON

CYBER TWIN DRAGON

CYBER JAR

CYBER-STEIN

DAIROKKAN (Sixth Sense)

DARK ARMED DRAGON

DARK HOLE

DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS

DECK DEVASTATION VIRUS

DELINQUENT DUO

DIMENSION FUSION

EXCHANGE OF THE SPIRIT

FIBER JAR

GOLD SARCOPHAGUS

GRACEFUL CHARITY

HARPIE'S FEATHER DUSTER

IMPERIAL ORDER

LAST TURN

LAST WILL

LIMITER REMOVAL

MAGICAL EXPLOSION

MAGICAL SCIENTIST

MAKYURA THE DESTRUCTOR

MEGAMORPH

MEIFU NO SHISHA GOES (Gorz the Emissary of Darkness)

MIRAGE OF NIGHTMARE

MONSTER REBORN

MORPHING JAR

NOBLEMAN OF CROSSOUT

PAINFUL CHOICE

PHANTOM OF CHAOS

POT OF GREED

PREMATURE BURIAL

RAIGEKI

RETURN FROM THE DIFFERENT DIMENSION

RING OF DESTRUCTION

SANGAN

SINISTER SERPENT

SKY SCOURGE NORLERAS

SNATCH STEAL

SNIPE HUNTER

THE FORCEFUL SENTRY

THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT

TIME SEAL

TRAP DUSTSHOOT

TREEBORN FROG

TSUKUYOMI

ULTIMATE OFFERING

VICTORY DRAGON

WITCH OF THE BLACK FOREST

YATA-GARASU

NEW! - Accumulated Fortune, Card of Safe Return, Chimeratech Overdragon, Crush Card Virus, Cyber End Dragon, Cyber Twin Dragon, Dark Armed Dragon, Dark Magician of Chaos, Deck Devasation Virus, Dimension Fusion, Gold Sarcophagus, Limiter Removal, Magical Explosion, Megamorph, Meifu no Shisha Goes (Gorz the Emissary of Darkness), Monster Reborn, Morphing Jar, Nobleman of Crossout, Phantom of Chaos, Premature Burial, Return from the Different Dimension, Sangan, Sky Scourge Norleras, Snipe Hunter, Trap Dustshoot, Treeborn Frog, Ultimate Offering

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIOR

CALL OF THE HAUNTED

CARD DESTRUCTION

CARD TROOPER

CEASEFIRE

CHAIN STRIKE

DANDELION (Dandylion)

ELEMENTAL HERO STRATOS

EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE

GIANT TRUNADE

GREEN BABOON, DEFENDER OF THE FOREST

HEAVY STORM

JINZO

LEVEL LIMIT - AREA B

MAGIC CYLINDER

MAGICIAN OF FAITH

MARSHMALLON

MIRROR FORCE

NIGHT ASSAILANT

SPIRIT REAPER

SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT

TRIBE-INFECTING VIRUS

TWIN-HEADED BEHEMOTH

UNITED WE STAND

NEW! - Call of the Haunted, Jinzo, Tribe-Infecting Virus

NEW! - The following cards are no longer Limited: Advanced Ritual Art, Book of Moon, Brain Control, Cyber Dragon, D.D. Warrior Lady, Destiny Hero - Disk Commander, Destiny Hero - Malicious, Fissure, Foolish Burial, Future Fusion, Gravity Bind, Left Arm of the Forbidden One, Left Leg of the Forbidden One, Light and Darkness Dragon, Mage Power, Magical Stone Excavation, Manticore of Darkness, Mask of Darkness, Metamorphosis, Mind Crush, Mystical Space Typhoon, Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, Ojama Trio, Ouke no Shinden (Temple of the Kings), Overload Fusion, Pot of Avarice, Raiza the Storm Monarch, Reinforcement of the Army, Right Arm of the Forbidden One, Right Leg of the Forbidden One, Royal Decree, Scapegoat, Smashing Ground, The Transmigration Prophecy, Torrential Tribute, Wall of Revealing Light

wrong again 15 cards in a side deck only 3 needed to be dedicated to DAD transmigation prophetcy' date=' shadow imprisoning mirror and D.D Crow are all good options

[/quote']

First of all, a card that makes opponents always lose Game 1 is overpowered.

Second of all, even three cards to counter a single card is kind of overpowered.

Third of all, Dark Armed Dragon is often too fast for one of those cards to be drawn in time.

Fourth of all, I somehow doubt that the 10 Dark Armed Dragon decks that made the Top 16 at the last SJC won solely because they faced opponent that used bad side decks.

Fifth of all, if you can't see that an instant and easy +4 fused with a 2800 ATK DARK beatstick that can easily be Special Summoned is somehow not overpowered, learn to play the game.

I agree with this list 99%. Except for Accumulated Fortune. Why? I have no idea what it does. xP

AccumulatedFortuneCDIP-EN-C.jpg

Perfectly harmless in the format that we're used to' date=' but in an Atem format it would essentially be a Trap version of Pot of Greed.

DAD does deserve to be limited but not banned as its not highly serachable but also i just noticed that they banned premature burial but kept call of haunted how silly prem is miles worst than call

Harpie's Feather Duster and Raigeki aren't highly searchable either. Combining them into a single card doesn't make them any less broken.

As for Call versus Prem:

ArmsHoleADDR-JP-UR.jpg

Limiting Premature Burial would still essentially allow people to run three or four copies of it.

DAD does deserve to be limited but not banned as its not highly serachable but also i just noticed that they banned premature burial but kept call of haunted how silly prem is miles worst than call

Also tribe not banned am i dreaming?

Haha. HAHAHAHA.

DAD deserves the banhammer. It's too easy to summon and way too overpowered. Instant possible +4 in any metagame is INSANE.

Tribe is back to compensate for the loss of Snipe Hunter, which is a very good decision. Tribe isn't even THAT good to begin with, all it does is screw specific themed decks, while Snipe Hunter is a gamebreaker.

And Premature Burial worse than CotH? Arms Hole wants to speak to you this instant.

You just gave me good lulz.

right tribe back and snipe gone lets anaylse that one ok

Snipe- Can target any card on the field

Requires 1 card to discard

1500 atk

no guarenteed to destroy card

Tribe- Can destroy multiple monsters

1600 atk

guarnteed to destroy card

1 card to discard

Tribe is better. No question

also last time i checked arms hole is not out yet so prem doesnt deserve to be banned yet

right tribe back and snipe gone lets anaylse that one ok

Snipe- Can target any card on the field

Requires 1 card to discard

1500 atk

no guarenteed to destroy card

Tribe- Can destroy multiple monsters

1600 atk

guarnteed to destroy card

1 card to discard

Tribe is better. No question

In case you hadn't noticed' date=' Tribe is an inferior version of Lightning Vortex. Also, the fact that Snipe Hunter can destroy ANYTHING makes up for the dice roll. As for destroying multiple monsters...not only does Lightning Vortex already do that (and Tribe, by the way, isn't searchable), but it will also never destroy more than a maximum of two monsters against an opponent who knows how to play.

also last time i checked arms hole is not out yet so prem doesnt deserve to be banned yet

Last time I checked, TCG and OCG share banlists. Last time I checked, the YVD tournament allows OCG cards released on or before 23 November 2007. Last time I checked, Arms Hole was released in the OCG on 23 November 2007.

The same can be told about Sixth Sense and Gorz, and both are BANNED in that list because they are cheap.

Premature Burial deserves the ban, whether you like it or not. Arms Hole transformed it from a very good card to an unstoppable recursing machine.

And Tribe better than Snipe? No u. Snipe is way too good because unlike Tribe it can be SEARCHED, and it can destroy any card he wants. The 33.3% chance of failure is actually nothing when you look at how things can go.

All Tribe does is screw up themed decks, and almost none of them are very good to begin with. And he can't be searched at all.

I dont have YVD so i dont relate this ban list to any thing OCG on checking i agree DAD should be banned (the reason i thought before is i thought u had to remove the 3 darks to summon my bad) Tribe should be banned and snipe should be banned i mean crystal beasts would suck with tribe not banned. Also when ever i play snipe hunter never wins the game (its usually grand mole so i agree with that being on the list).

I dont have YVD so i dont relate this ban list to any thing OCG on checking i agree DAD should be banned (the reason i thought before is i thought u had to remove the 3 darks to summon my bad) Tribe should be banned and snipe should be banned i mean crystal beasts would suck with tribe not banned. Also when ever i play snipe hunter never wins the game (its usually grand mole so i agree with that being on the list).

In case you hadn't noticed, Crystal Beasts already suck, and only four of the Crystal Beasts are actually Beast-Type. Crystal Beasts don't even mind destruction.

If you can't win with Snipe Hunter, play better. That is all.

Guest PikaPerson01

i dont run snipe in main as ive said before. Snipe hunter can be easily beaten by building and GOOD deck for example pheniox blasts and bottomless if you lose against snipe' date=' play better. that is all

[/quote']

So your gauge of how good a card is based on whether you decide to maindeck it? l2p

PWWB and Bottomless are horrible cards to activate in response to a level 4 monsters.

But they can be countered by traps. Your argument for Snipe Hunter not being overpowered is that you can activate a trap in response to it.

Also, Konami's opinion of a card has no bearing on anything. They don't think Gorz is banworthy, remember.

Exodia cannot be at 3.

That's why it's at 1.

i agree on this banlist

although... no semis? oh well...

Decent banlists don't need semis. If something is safe to run at 2' date=' it's safe to run at 3. If it's unsafe to run at 3, it's unsafe to run at 2.

[/quote']

you do have a point there

Archived