[MTG] Ajani, Caller of the Pride

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gH59CRd_708/T9tw4PcyufI/AAAAAAAADvw/ZfrFFNht7DY/s400/Ajani,+Caller+of+Pride.jpg[/img]

[size=4]I want to like this card, I REALLY do, but his +1 seems like such a low impact effect and his -3 is never going to be that good the turn he hits play. It is nice that the +1 plays very well with the -3, but creature removal just kills you. Maybe we've just been spoiled by the fair amount of walkers that can give you some kind of advantage as of late, so its just going to take some getting use to seeing one that doesn't again.

Still, I'm going to pick up a few for my EDH decks.[/size]

He doesn't Need creatures to make his +1 work, you can target 0 creatures...so he can always GROW

Talking about abusive combos with Doubling Season

He also has A LOT of Hexproof Dudes to pump as of Now..which also gives him a Good Self Protection safety of sorts...

He will be Titaneable for Some Time which is plenty of Damage it pulled from the ETB ability going as far as 14 Damage by air with Sun Titan the turn after...or 12 right away iif you pair that Sun Titan with the Haste Soulbound Dude

He is even as good as a drop 2 Dude with Stuff like BoP and Avacyn Pilgrim which also Pumps you mana Dork and gives them a body that can survive those Gut Shots if the oponent didn't kill them right away...

[quote name='-Lightray Daedalus-' timestamp='1339891076' post='5957962']
He doesn't Need creatures to make his +1 work, you can target 0 creatures...so he can always GROW
[/quote]
Yes, but without a creature he's just a dead card.

Talking about abusive combos with Doubling Season
[/quote]
A lot of walkers are stupid with doubling season.

He also has A LOT of Hexproof Dudes to pump as of Now..which also gives him a Good Self Protection safety of sorts...
[/quote]
We have 20 cards in standard that involve Hexproof and like 3 or 4 are actually playable. Of those I'd say only Geist of Saint Traft plays really well with him and he is also a 3 drop. Plus if they are attacking he doesn't have a creature to protect himself.

He will be Titaneable for Some Time which is plenty of Damage it pulled from the ETB ability going as far as 14 Damage by air with Sun Titan the turn after...or 12 right away iif you pair that Sun Titan with the Haste Soulbound Dude
[/quote]
This is good with Sun Titan, but he isn't that good in decks with Sun Titan.

He is even as good as a drop 2 Dude with Stuff like BoP and Avacyn Pilgrim which also Pumps you mana Dork and gives them a body that can survive those Gut Shots if the oponent didn't kill them right away...
[/quote]
He is a decent 2 drop, this is true. Plus at 5 loyalty he would be hard to get rid of. As such he is likely best in the more midrangey G/W decks.

Archived