[14]

4 Dragon Knight, Nehalem
4 Chain-Attack Sutherland
3 Berserk Dragon
[11]

4 Dragonic Overlord
4 Blazing Flare Dragon
[8]

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I've basically got the deck down to this. God, I wish Bellicosity Dragon was in the ECG

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341809609' post='5971401']
Goku? He pretty much makes G3s "retire" triggers.
EDIT: Blazing Flare is pretty bad to be honest....I'd still suggest Goku.
[/quote]

palamedes is a bad card too

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341809609' post='5971401']
Goku? He pretty much makes G3s "retire" triggers.

EDIT: Blazing Flare is pretty bad to be honest....I'd still suggest Goku.
[/quote]

How is Blazing Flare bad? And how is it better than Goku, a shitty 10k that's only effective when you ride him?

Blazing Flare is bad because you need to soul blast 5 just to retire 1 card...how often are you going to get that effect off when your only way of building soul is riding and Kimnara? And if you're using him just for the 3K boost...you might as well just run the 12000 attackers.

And please explain whats wrong with riding Goku? He turns every G3 you drive check into a retire trigger....so in effect he gives you 7 extra triggers in your deck...whats bad about that?

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341814883' post='5971488']
Blazing Flare is bad because you need to soul blast 5 just to retire 1 card...how often are you going to get that effect off when your only way of building soul is riding and Kimnara? And if you're using him just for the 3K boost...you might as well just run the 12000 attackers.

And please explain whats wrong with riding Goku? He turns every G3 you drive check into a retire trigger....so in effect he gives you 7 extra triggers in your deck...whats bad about that?
[/quote]

You never really ride Blazing Flare. You use it because it tends to be a 16k column when you get going so that you can win in that turn. Also, soul is incredibly easy to get in Kagero. Have you read Kimnara, Gatling Claw and Conroe? o:

Also, you don't want to ride Goku because there's a card called Dragonic Overlord which outclasses it in every way.

[quote name='Circus Freak' timestamp='1341815552' post='5971500']
You never really ride Blazing Flare. You use it because it tends to be a 16k column when you get going so that you can win in that turn. Also, soul is incredibly easy to get in Kagero. Have you read Kimnara, Gatling Claw and Conroe? o:

Also, you don't want to ride Goku because there's a card called Dragonic Overlord which outclasses it in every way.
[/quote]

With 4 Perfect Guards everywhere....Overlord lost alot of its power...and the good thing about him is he does not need to be on VG to be effective...he works perfectly well as a RG...so riding Goku still makes your Drive Checks more effective....the only bad thing about Goku is his 10K power.

And Conroe says retire btw...not put into Soul....so your only way of building Soul is Claw and Kimnara

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341816074' post='5971509']
With 4 Perfect Guards everywhere....Overlord lost alot of its power...and the good thing about him is he does not need to be on VG to be effective...he works perfectly well as a RG...so riding Goku still makes your Drive Checks more effective....the only bad thing about Goku is his 10K power.

And Conroe says retire btw...not put into Soul....so your only way of building Soul is Claw and Kimnara
[/quote]

Made a mistake on Conroe. Still, 8 cards you put in the soul~

And Overlord is like one of the best cards in the English Game, do you actually play? :s

[quote name='Circus Freak' timestamp='1341816176' post='5971510']
Made a mistake on Conroe. Still, 8 cards you put in the soul~

And Overlord is like one of the best cards in the English Game, do you actually play? :s
[/quote]

Yes I do....but do you really expect to get Overlord effect off? CB 3 then you just get nulled...and you fizzel out...if we had Bell in ECG it would be a different story..but we dont so yeah.

You have 8 cards to put in soul....and lets say you do end up riding Blazing Flare on your 3rd turn....you still need to put 3 cards in soul just to use his effect once and those 3 cards needs 3 CB....thats 3 CBs you could have used towards Overlords effect...see where i'm going?

Now Goku....he retires cards for free if you Drive Check a G3.....thats 7 extra triggers in your deck if you run the standard 8 G3s...which brings you to a total of 23 triggers total..that means that almost half of your deck are triggers units. So Goku just made your drive deck a hell of a lot more effective...while giving you advantage because the other player now has to commit more cards to the field to replace the cards you killed for free....taking away from their hand....which reduces their guard power....where is the bad part?

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341817289' post='5971527']
Yes I do....but do you really expect to get Overlord effect off? CB 3 then you just get nulled...and you fizzel out...if we had Bell in ECG it would be a different story..but we dont so yeah.

You have 8 cards to put in soul....and lets say you do end up riding Blazing Flare on your 3rd turn....you still need to put 3 cards in soul just to use his effect once and those 3 cards needs 3 CB....thats 3 CBs you could have used towards Overlords effect...see where i'm going?
[/quote]

No, I don't see where you're going. DO is used simply for an 11k Vanguard / Rearguard. Using it's effect is a commodity, you rarely ever use it. You want to focus on being sure you can smash their field.

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341818064' post='5971544']
Cool use him as a RG and a late game VG. Now please feel free to explain why Goku is not a great card to have as VG....since he does what this deck sets out to do...you know retire units....turns half your deck into triggers...and gives you +'s.
[/quote]

Because Blazing Flare is, in itself, a massive column. In this deck, you want to be making massive pluses with the cards that you have that retire (Berserk, Kimnara, Gatling) whilst furthering them with the cards that gain power for retiring [b]during the Main Phase[/b] (Sutherland, Blazing Flare, Joka, Raksha)

Goku does not retire during the Main Phase, so everything does not get the boost that it would get from Blazing Flare. As well as that, Goku is a 10k Vanguard that is completely useless as a Rearguard, whilst the other Grade 3s are useful as both Vanguard and Rearguard. Kagero tend to want every single card in their deck to be useful, so Goku would be a bad choice because you will never want to ride a Goku over a Dragonic Overlord.

@Le Magician

Overlord is good due to its 11k stats, giving it a much more superior defense than Goku
Blazing Flare is good due to its 13k+ stats on a retire, allowing you to build 21k columns at the cost of a Kimnara, making it MUCH more useful than Goku as a rear guard. Not to mention the soul blast is easy to pull off since you just need to get off 2 Kimnaras and ride Blazing Flare over another g3. This is usually a final turn play
Goku sucks because it's extremely fragile. More than half the time, you're not giving yourself the full 7+ triggers, usually only 4 or less. At that point in the game you have potential to draw into a few of your grade 3s before actually getting to Goku, making its power far from being worth riding it over a Dragonic Overlord or even a Blazing Flare.

Archived