The Beginning of Light and Darkness [PG-13]

Elƒie

Lying there on the sands of the beach, Lex looked up at the sky. The sun, clouds, and birds all remained above him. "[i]Ugh, what the hell? I see the sky... I feel sand in my hands... What happened?[/i]"

He struggled to get up, but lacked the energy to do so entirely; all he could manage was to sit up, watching everyone run around on the beach, healing the injured or fixing the broken ship. "Man... Unda did one hell of a job to us." he muttered to himself under his breath. He used his strength to stand up, but right afterwards, he wobbled from the weakness that overcame him. He decided it was best to rest here for a bit till he regained enough energy to stand up and walk.

While resting, he took off the upper parts of his armor--gauntlets, chest plate, and pauldrons--which were placed around him. Underneath he wore a fairly drenched white tank top, outlining the toned body underneath. So as to let it dry, he removed the tank top and hung it ontop of a nearby stick that was sticking out the ground.

After several minutes of the ship's crew working to repair the Mirajane, and seeing the injured healed thanks to Sophia, Lex felt he was ready to stand up. Finding no trouble getting up, he in a slow circle for a bit around the spot he landed, and kept thinking about the strange events. [i]How did we get here? ... Oh. The Gates.[/i]"

Lex remembered that he used Asedriron's Gates as a final attempt to get everyone out of the water safely. A reckless attempt, but it worked nonetheless. But he also remembered that the group needed to find food, but having the group separated wasn't an option Lex had in mind. He decided to stay for a bit and help out with caring for the injured. He walked over to Sophia as is, and asked, "Need any help? How many more are injured?"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Bleh!” Helena gagged and spit, attempting everything to rid herself of the sand in her mouth. It’s one thing after another on this journey. First Jed drinks her under the table, the whole plan for getting Seth drunk was a bust, and now she’s soaking wet with sand in her mouth. Because the water gather in her top, and was beginning to hang low, she closed her top. Looks like everyone had made it to where ever they were. There was one other thing more important in her mind; filtering through her drenched pockets she pulled out a small, circular locket, opening it to examine the picture. “Ah, thank goodness. Water didn’t seep through.” Smiling gently, and fondly and the photo of her only son, she pocketed it to pay attention to the current events. The captain had started barking orders, and out of those she chose to head out; not only for provisions but to also case the surrounding area. None of them knew what was on the island, and Helena didn’t like being in the dark.

[i]‘Well, at least Seth didn’t die. I was worried his armor would take him down.’[/i] She moved over to Sophia, “Hey, I’m gonna go take a look around. I’ll be back later, hopefully with something that can help.” With a wink, she walked off further into the island.

With his mind cleared in unconciousness, Adrius fell to the sands of the shoreline. When he made contact to the ground, he awoke instantly and immediately began to pull himself up. He wondered to see if the others were in good condition and/or doing something usefull. Helena decided to go and search the lands of which they had just arrived, meanwhile, Jed was making an ass of himself, as usual, and Titus appeared to be disgruntled. Unsure of what Sophia was planning, he decided it would be best to make himself of use. And the best way to that at that moment, would be to accompany Helena, no matter how much he didn't want to, and he REALLY didn't want to. The voice of the wealthy man spoke, to the suprise of the rest of crew, he said this, "I will join Helena's search." Adrius was unsure how much shock this would, if any at all, but it didn't matter. Although he was not fond of it, civilization was a major factor in this hunt for the relic. And with a wipe of the sand from his clothes and a rare cough of his which no one had heard before on the journey, he began to walk alongside the page, into the wild unknowns.

As Sophia was bent over, tending to a broken arm, she felt a hand clasp onto her buttocks for a moment, having not noticed Jed next to her. Quickly turning, she tried to plant a swift kick on Jed's head, but he was already out of range. [color=#008080]"That bastard's as fast as ever,"[/color] she growled out under her breath. She would have chased after Jed, but she had been practically non-stop with Aibetta's Warmth and a good chunk of her energy was drained. As she turned around and finished healing the man's arm just enough to where a week or two in a sling would finish the job, Lex approached her. Standing up and whipping some sweat off of her forehead, she said in a slightly tired voice, [color=#008080]"There's a few more with simple wounds, like cuts, that could use a quick healing to help prevent any infections from the sea water or the sand. As for three or so with a major injury, like this man's, I got it to where a week or two of natural healing will finish it off but if you want to finish those, feel free." [/color]Hearing someone approaching, Sophia turned to face Helena as she said she was going off to find some supplies in the woods or of something of use. "Alright, be ca-" Sophia was cut off with Adrius all of a sudden announced that he was going with Helena, a surprise due to Adrius having not said much on the trip so far. Smiling, Sophia nodded to Adrius as he started walking with Helena, [color=#008080]"Watch each other's backs, you two!"[/color]

Letting out a yawn, Sophia decided she was going to have a seat and regain some energy. Walking towards a fallen tree, aiming to sit down, when something caught her attention in the woods. Without pausing for a second, Sophia stepped into the woods, something draw her in. Catching glimpses of something, Sophia continued into forest until she came across an opening in the woods that help a twenty foot tall waterfall, a small pond and a [url="http://alectorfencer.deviantart.com/art/Patch-Together-Plant-Spirit-140131990?q=boost%3Apopular%20plant%20wolf&qo=3"]wolf creature[/url] that took her breath away at the site of it. Connecting eyes for a moment, the wolf walked behind the waterfall and disappeared. After a moment to regain herself, Sophia quickly ran to the waterfall and behind it, finding a cave that looked like a long hallway with moss and roots hanging from the sides. Carefully stepping through the hallway/cave, Sophia came out of the other end and stepped into [url="http://sundragon83.deviantart.com/art/Speed-Paint-24-127301451?q=boost%3Apopular%20ancient%20ruins&qo=214"]ancient ruin[/url]. Slowly walking and looking around, she spotted the wolf again as it turned a corner. Following it, wanting to see it again, Sophia followed it as it made a few more turns until they had reached a dead end in the form of circular room that had a flat wall on one side. As the wolf stood at one end, in front of a wall, Sophia looked around before she took a step towards the wolf. Letting out a howl, the roof, made mostly of vines and roots, began to part above the roof, letting in sunlight that illuminated the room. Stopping in her tracks, Sophia couldn't believe what she saw on the wall.

Standing at about three stories, the wall had carvings that contained two dragons, one white and the other black, that looked to be fighting near the top while people at the bottom looked to be praying. At the very top, some strange [url="http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo261/AisuGhost/BLDHistory.png"]markings[/url] were carved in. Looking down from the wall, the wolf was no where to be seen. Taking a step forward, Sophia stopped as something told her to go get the others. Turning around, Sophia bolted from the ruins, taking a different way out, making her way back to the beach. Coming across Helena and Adrius on the way, she stopped running for a moment, [color=#008080]"Come with me quickly! I found something and we need to get the rest of the group!"[/color] Not giving them a chance to respond, Sophia started running again. When she got the beach, she finally stopped running, [color=#008080]"Titus, Jed, Lex, Seth and Noah, come quickly! There's something you all need to see!"[/color] After giving them a chance to gather towards her, Sophia made her way back to the ruins and to the wall with the carvings. Standing in front of the wall, Sophia looked back to the group, as she asked,[color=#008080] "What do you guys make of it?"[/color]

Tending to the injured that was pointed out by Sophia, Lex used a simple, basic healing spell that'll help prevent any complications with the injury. Some had cuts on the arms, others the torso, one with a cut over the face. The cuts were relatively easy to heal, but were fairly slow, compared to his Moon Blood ability when the sun would be down. After healing the injured, Lex took a break and walked over to the waters, where several fish swam away from the touching of the water. Crouching down, Lex took a handful of water, and splashed it onto his face.

Walking over to his chest plate, noticing that the undershirt of his is still wet, he heard a familiar shouting from a distance. She was running to the shores, where she wanted something from everyone. Grabbing the chest plate from the sand and slinging it around his shoulder, and jogged over to Sophia, wondering what's wrong.

--

After running with her for several minutes, they stood in front of the the giant wall that made Sophia fetch for us. Sophia asked the group, probably a rhetorical question, but Lex saw it. And he believed it.

A giant wall, that had two dragons facing each other in combat, fighting to possibly their death. He studied the dragons carefully, both the white, and the black. Looking down, he saw a figure of a person who reached for the dragons; all persons beside the figure were on their knees, praying. The wall was truly a magnificent, and he admired it.

"Unbelievable. To see such ruins in such a state, and to see this, in an intact state that one would believe that this was preserved by someone who took residence here, or by magic. Perhaps even both!" he exclaimed, continuing to examine the object. He set down his chest plate, and continued to study the wall. Then, he came across a carving, and he knew how to read it.

"The letters of the Ancients, I've come across this several times in my studies, never did I think I would see this here. Let's see..." he attempted to remember his studies of the old texts, and he started to recollect his knowledge of the subject. Granted, he wasn't a professor or such at the subject, but he enjoyed it very much. He worded out loud, "It says here, 'Kundrogge krongrah grah do vokul zeymah,' or rather,[font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3] [/size][/color][/font]'Asedriron's victory in battle against his evil brother.' A rough translation, but that's the gist of what the words state. The letters of the Ancients is quite formidable to translate at times without proper materials to help study it." Lex repeated the ancient words over to himself several times to help remember it, and to recall if he came across it in his studies.

Stepping back, and turning around, he remembered that he wasn't the only one there; the rest of the group was with him. He gave a small cough, looked away, and gave a small, "Umm.. Yeah."

Well at least he knew what the giant wall represented.

"Asedriron's fight with a brother, where people are praying, beside one who reaches out to the dragons..." he muttered to himself. Frankly, he wasn't entirely aware that there was a brother of Asedriron's. Or perhaps there was? He can't recall entirely, but there may be something.

"No doubt, this has relevance to the Votum..." he rhetorically stated.

After having gotten a distance from Sophia, a little bit into the jungle per say, Jed would find himself having tripped over a log in exhaustion, wincing and panting for breath as he gazed up at the trees, the leaves doing all they could to shade him from the light that concealed him, all save his hair, which, with the additional heat, felt like he was wearing a very heavy, and ridiculously warm wig. Even his ponytail, which flicked now over his shoulder, felt like a boiling hot lead pipe upon his jacket. Groaning as he ultimately staggers to his feet, his mouth dry of water with the alcohol doing him no favors to quench his first. As his heavy eyes glanced around his environment one particular sight caught his interest in particular.

A shrub of red berries.

He couldn't care if they were poisonous, hallucinogenic, or of the like: he was starving, his mouth was dry, and they looked ripe, juicy, and were right there for the picking; naturally he stumbled to his feet and, looking to them, opened up his jacket's pocket. He then took a brief moment to contemplate his actions aloud as he looked up to the sky as he said to himself that "I'm in a very, very bad position with this heat...why am I still wearing my overcoat?" Shaking his head, he took off his overcoat, and then his ruffled shirt, as he left himself in a small sleeveless vest, more suited with the scorching heat; and with that, he shoved a batch of these berries into his pocket, and brought one, just one, to his lips, ever so teasingly slowly, licking his dry puckers, before hearing a loud howl off in the distance.

A numinous foreboding sensation bolted through him as he left the berry there, and with his clothes over his shoulder, Jed began to back track to the beach and heard Sophia rushing, calling them all. How on earth she knew he'd reached the beach by then he'd never come to know, partially due to lacking of interest, wholly because his head felt heavier than a boulder, but his instinct was to do the following: taking his clothes, he wrapped the jacket around his waist, and the ruffled shirt circling his stomach, as a decent make-do armour for the moment. Looking around he'd try to follow up Sophia's route with Titus, and if these circumstances were legitimate, he'd still be notably panting as he glanced to the road ahead. "Its so strange..." he'd say, panting thrice as he walked on. "...I mean...I come from U-Ustrina...which is so much ho...hotter...than this place..." He'd take a pause to wipe his brow as he'd ask Titus "...how can you still be in your clothes?" with a chuckle. Of course, if these circumstances weren't true, Jed'd appear to be talking to someone: a sign of a hallucination?

Whatever the case, he'd arrive into the temple and, without a shred of care, sat down to the wall, its cool feel so rewarding to his skin as he groans in sheer catharsis. Looking up to the others, he'd chuckle and ask "Now...I don't really...know of the Dragon's Pantheon...does...it mention that...Asedriron...even has a brother...in the lore?" with a shrug, before gazing to the floor to a lone ladybug. Smiling softly, he let his finger drop as the thing climbed upon it, him bringing it closer to inspection as he chuckles softly. "Hey there little guy..." he spoke to the thing, taking a lone berry and handing the thing to the bug, and as expected, the ladybug nibbled a bit, twitched, and died on his finger; throwing the berry away he pondered briefly as he looked at another.

Finally, he'd ask "Anyone got a spare pouch?"

The young woman was surprised by the willing accompaniment of Adrius. She didn't think he would willingly go anywhere with her, though maybe he didn't want to stay in one place. He didn't look like the type to sit still and be useless. “Couldn’t resist my charm could you?” Helena teased, resting her hands behind her head, leisurely looking around. Due to her previous profession she knew how to survive, and what to look for in forested areas. “So what reasons do you have for coming on this trip? Of course you don’t have to tell me, I just figured it was a good conversation starter.” She branched off checking a bush that had some strange looking berries, but left soon after quickly realizing they weren’t for human consumption. “I’m here simply because Seth was told to come. I’m sort of ‘charge’ if you want to say, so I’m stuck with him at the hip.”

Titus followed Sophia and everyone else to the old ruins that she had found. "Wow, this place is spectacular" he muttered, "It must've been built ages ago, and the architecture... I'm surprised this much is still intact. An impressive feat" Titus then looked over to Jed, who had just managed to kill a Ladybug with a berry. "You were planning on eat those" Titus guessed. "I suppose it's a good thing that you didn't, hm?", he reached into his coat pocket, and pulled out a pouch, which had a loose material inside of it. He pulled out a bottle, filled with a pale yellow liquid, and poured the contents of the pouch into it. "Admittedly, this isn't the best idea, and it'll probably end up biting me in the ass later, but you can use this pouch" Titus offered, tossing it to Jed.

He analyzed the yellow liquid. "I suppose it still has most of it's potency... I've never actually mixed the two, perhaps it will have an added affect I was not aware of" he mused.

"As for the runes" He began, looking up and putting the bottle away, "I don't know all that much about the dragons. I'll sit back and let the expert handle this"

The teasing of the page made Adrius somewhat frustrated, but the question that she asked was interesting. Pondering her inquiry for a moment, he simply found all he had to reply was,"I hate Jed, more than I dislike you." He made sure to keep his distance from her, as she had seemed earlier to be a little crafty. He was about to survey the area when he heard the footsteps of someone behind them. Turning around to see Sophia yelling something about coming back and follower her to something. Taking said run back proved to be interesting.

Ancient writing, deciphered by the member of the team known as Lex, which Adrius nothing about. Lex's knowledge had to be noted, for he could lie or write in said speech again. He could even be lying about the writing. This wasn't as worrying as the fact that the magnificant man named Jed had to go and get some poisonous berries, which Titius brought to attention. Adrius now didn't trust Jed at all, even more so. Jed now had the power to kill one of the other people on the team.

"Huh, I guess I'll take that as a compliment. Though I find Jed to be rather pleasant. He knows how to have a good time." Helena laughed, "But I guess you would think otherwise. You should come drink with us-" Suddenly Sophia came crashing out of the forest, in front of them. She yelled something about following her and dashed off without giving either of them time to reply. Helena just stared in the direction the woman went a little surprised. Adrius was already leaving and Helena followed after. However, she paused on the way finding some green berries, perfect for makeshift itching powder when crushed. An evil thought of putting it into everyone's armor - mainly Seth but why not spread the fun - crossed her mind, and she picked a handful of them. Quickly she caught up to the others, only for them to run back into the forest to some old ruins. "Wow, now this is something."

"Yes, it is and make sure not to touch anything." Seth's stern voice sounded behind her, making her jump. "Holy hell, Seth! Don't do that." He shot her a look telling her to behave, which she responded by sticking out her tongue. His face darkened, but turned into surprise shock when Helena slapped him on the back, "Oh, lighten up! I won't steal or break anything."

"See to it that you keep your word." With that he walked off, leaving Helena to pout, "Geeze you would think he would have some type of sense of humor. Hn, but that's fine just wait till I make this itching powder." She chuckled quietly then joined the rest.

[color=#000000]Noah, however, didn't move a muscle off that ship. All she could think about was that hallucination she had, where she saved everyone via transforming the tsunami into a golem. What did it mean, and what is trying to suggest? Was it trying to say that [i]Noah[/i] caused all this to happen, just by dodging the incoming wave rather than try and save everyone from it? Was it trying to rub this poor decision all over her face? And more importantly... was it trying to say that Noah's weakness was her own selfishness?[/color]

[color=#000000]...[/color]

[color=#000000]She just didn't know any more. All she could do now was grip the Spine Ripper tightly, as she had gotten more and more consumed by dread and despair.[/color]

[color=#008080]"Asedriron's victory in battle against his evil brother.."[/color] Sophia mauled over the words, shocked by what was written on the ancient wall,[color=#008080] "Is that even possible? I've never read OR heard anything about Asedriron having a brother! Let alone evil..."[/color] She began to pace back and forth across the wall as she listened to the rest of what Lex said. [color=#008080]"Wait! The Votum?! Are you serious?" [/color]Sophia asked as she quickly looked at Lex before turning back to the wall.[color=#008080] "This holds history of something we never knew of.. Why couldn't it tell us more,"[/color] Sophia said in a disappointed in voice as placed her hand against the wall, looking up the dragons. As soon as she touched the wall, her entire body stiffened as visions filled her mind.

The main vision that stuck to her was of men fighting within the very room. Some yelled Asedriron's name out as a battle cry while others yelled out a name she never heard before. Pulling back from the wall and breathing somewhat heavily, she whispered the name, [color=#008080]"Sevo.." [/color]Taking a few steps back from the wall, she stared at it a few more moments before looking to the ground at a few spots where some dead men were in her vision. Turning to the group, she said, [color=#008080]"I think it's time we find out who this brother, Sevo, is.."[/color] As she began to walk out of the room, she noticed the drunk Jed sitting on the ground. Shaking her head, she offered her hand to him to help him up. After he accepted or denied her offer, she continued to walk out of the room only to end up tripping on something. After regaining her balance, she looked back to see what it was. She saw a, now broke, vine and a few rocks, [color=#008080]"What in the wor-"[/color] Just then, a few chunks fell from the ceiling. Then another few from the walls of the hallway. Then the entire ruins began to shake and rumble. [color=#008080]"Oh dear Lords and Ladies! EVERYONE RUN!"[/color] Turning around, Sophia booked it out of the ruins as fast as she could while staying within view of everyone else so they wouldn't get lost in the chaos.

Moments after everyone got out of the ruins, they completely collapsed as a large plum of dust covered the area and burst into the sky. Coughing as she used the wind powers of the gem within her sword to blast away the dust from around the group, she asked if everyone was alright, [color=#008080]"By the Gods and Goddesses, that was a close one! Is everyone alright? Wait.. Where's Noah?! Hold on.. Didn't she stay at the ship?"[/color]

Just as Sophia said that, the wolf spirit from earlier appeared before Noah with a small branch full of purple berries, berries that would snap Noah out of her current state; fending off the darkness from putting her back into that state and expelling it would be entirely up to her. Placing the branch upon Noah's lap, the wolf watched Noah for a moment before it dissolved into leaves and flower petals into the wind.

Titus' pouch soon fastened around his waist, Jed, again, wiped his brow and closed his oddly incredibly heavy eyes, the task of opening them again slowly becoming easier. He felt he'd managed to survive that little odd heat-induced episode, and by George he never wanted to suffer one again. His form in a shiny sleek layer of sweat, visible on solely the exposed flesh of the forearm and his face, he eventually was brought to his feet by the help of Sophia; he was inclined to sneak a good old Hugh Grant "Oopsie Daisy, I grabbed a hold of your breast, but by accident of course; oh how awkwardly humorous and contrite, yet oddly romantice" with an overdose of "I lied to grab your boob" in it, but he recalled the groper's worst enemy when it comes to groping the gropee: an iron chest-plate.

So he came to his feet, and patted Sophia's shoulder gratefully, before all of a sudden the room began to crumble. Rubbing his head he shook it and sighed. "As soon as I come too, the whole place goes to pot: honestly, you people some times." he chuckled as he regained himself and jogged on out of the ruins. Thankfully it wasn't that big, but he knew that being crushed when holding pouches including poisonous berries and needles wouldn't fend well for his body's well being. Then again, nor would the whole aspect about being crushed. Count your eggs would apply, however, since his heart was caught in his throat and his cool was briefly thrown off when he tripped, but regaining his posture he managed to fair out of it okay.

Looking to the concerned questioning Sophia as he panted, he shrugged to her and replied "To be frank I've been interested in a lot more things than just that Necro-babe." before giving Helena a cheeky wink, as well as a friendly head-nod to Titus. Really, he thought that guy was f*cking awesome. The silent, yet cool type. As for Helena, well, she was just a good time. Seth was a damn party pooper, same with Sophia. Jed tolerated her because of her boobs, and ass, and the eternally vast list summarised simply by heterosexual implications.

"Anyhoo, I do figure Noah should be on the Ark; wanna regroup, Cap'n?"

The sound of falling stone and the rumbling of the earth caused by the ruins' collapse was sure to attract attention, including some that was unknown. A tan-skinned woman down on the beach tilted her head in the direction of the collapse while her pale brown gaze was locked on a feminine male of ebony skin beside her. The intent of the gesture was clearly for him to follow her in that direction, and to that end she set off towards what had once been the entrance to the ruins and was now likely to be only a mound of rubble. Her gaze flitted about as she searched for any sign of cause or survivors, and then as luck would have it someone skilled in the use of wind magic blasted the dust away to reveal a sizable group of people. This catching her eye, she raised a hand above her head and waved to the group while she jogged over.

[color=#ff8c00]"Hey! Are you lot alright?" [/color]She spoke in a loud voice so that she could be heard over the sounds of settling rubble, and that her voice would carry far enough. [color=#ff8c00]"What in Lunin happened here?" [/color]Once she was within a meter or two of the group she could be seen more easily. This [url="http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w339/Kiokama/31.jpg"]woman[/url] stood just a few inches over six feet in height and bore a build that did not attempt to hide her strength but did not boast of it either. Her clothing was of obvious quality, despite the fine coating of salt over her body and the sand clinging to her from about the waist down, and her short blonde hair was being tossed by the light breeze coming off of the ocean. The robe she wore was closed in the front to cover her ample bust, and it was not difficult to see the set of "brass knuckles" held in a set of sheaths hanging from her belt. The open-topped sheathes allowed for one to catch a glimpse of the weapons and, perhaps, recognize the rare metal which they were composed of and the enchantment upon them which amplified the damage resistant properties of the substance form which they had been forged. The woman herself stood with confidence evident in her pose, and the smile she shot to the group looked to be true as the week is long. Furthermore, there was also an air of patience about her as she waited for the members of the group to either ignore or answer her and the male who was her companion to make his way up the beach as well.

The [url="http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/074/e/b/RL__Archer_by_tooaya.jpg"]dark-skinned boy[/url] beside her needed little order to move, and had already started to move from the hot sands of the beach to the crest of the hill before the tall woman beside him had even turned to meet his gaze. His feminine body moved with speed and efficiency as he almost glided across the ground beneath him, his footsteps silent across the ground. A single quiver was visible on his back, within which was held a long, well-crafted bow which caused the only bit of noise as he walked, jangling about with the arrows. His cloak seemed to bulge slightly at his hips, though this was unnoticable as he walked, the wind blowing the cloak backwards slightly, but not enough to reveal what was underneath.

The woman seemed to beat him to the rise, most likely due to her much longer strides and his current walking pace, but it did not matter much. He still arrived quickly, and was able to discern the other group easily.

He arrived at the rise to see a dust cloud being blown away from the ruins, slightly unnerved at not being able to note who was the culprit for the act, though the expression didn't show on his calm, almost dull face. He merely watched the seperate group from afar with his cold, red eyes; emotionless as he analyzed the group. He sighed slightly as his companion prepared to shout to the others, wincing as if bracing himself.

He sighed, almost with relief, as the woman then started to walk off in the direction of the ruins, towards the entrance so as to meet with the rest of the group. "No need to shout." He muttered, trudging off after the taller woman, his feet still silent despite the force of them impacting the ground. As he approached the group, he almost scoffed at them. Mis-matched and seemingly hopeless, none of them seemed to fit together as a group. The only ones that came close were two knights obviously of the holy guard; a women with a rather attractive body and a tall man of obvious noble training.

"It's pretty obvious what happened here, Seria." The boy piped up, comtempt filling his voice. He turned his head to the side to stare at the surrounding forest, almost longingly. His stark white hair contrasted heavily with his skin, noticeable at this point when a small gust of wind, perhaps delay from the collapse, blew his hood off of his head, revealing his rather feminine face fully.

"Sevo? What in Asedriron's name..." Lex started, but before he could start his words, they had to run out of the ruins, that would either crush them, or whatever came after them. Thankfully, Sophia helped lead everyone out of the ruins. But as they got out, they barely made it. When the dust was gone, Sophia asked about Noah; Lex got up, brushing himself, and clasping on his chest-plate, tightening it.

"Don't worry about her... I wouldn't mind if she was gone to be honest. Hmm?"

Lex noticed the two people that stood infront of them, a tall woman that stood evenly with him, and a dark-skinned boy that approached. Responding to the woman's words, he looked over and gave them the only piece of information that was asked for. "We escaped the collapse of the ruins. Barely. But otherwise..." Lex looked around the group, they seemed fine from what he could tell, and picked right back up, "Otherwise we're fine."

Of course, the concern that piqued his cautious state was that two unknown people of unknown background suddenly showed up. Where did they come from, who are they, questions like these needed to be answered. Of course, what also needed to be answered was an important question-where are they-which has yet to remain unanswered.

[color=#800080]"Huh?"[/color][color=#000000] muttered Noah. She was certain she saw that wolf spirit [i]before[/i], but didn't get much of a chance to examine its appearance before it vanished on her. It didn't say anything; all it seemed to have done was to drop off some purple berries. Noah shrugged and ate them all at once, hoping this would somehow make her better. It did.[/color]

[color=#800080][i]'Mmmmm, such pretty berries... nice and gooey too... mm, mm, mm, mm...'[/i][/color][color=#000000] she stopped mentally admiring the taste of the berries the second she had recovered, only to observe the branch on whence they came from and recognize it, [/color][color=#800080]"DAMN IT!! If [i]only [/i]I wasn't such a natural glutton. We better get going..."[/color]

[color=#000000]Noah had shot up and bolted off the ship, before stopping once she gotten herself in the middle of the beach... having [i]no[/i] idea where the main group was. They obviously never stayed behind, otherwise she would've found them by now, and the only ones that [i]might've[/i] stayed with the ship were Captain Extarte and [i]her[/i] crew. Still, Noah had to have [i]some[/i] idea where they were before she set off. She didn't want to fail to find them and then suddenly get herself lost.[/color]

Sevo, a name he had never heard of seemed to have some effect on the ancient site, as it began fall into itself. Adrius was the first to rush out of the collapsing cave with the swiftness of those who glide with the winds. Brilliantly, only a few moments after the group made it out of the mysterious destruction, two people made their way to find out if this group of bandits, knights, and other assorted scum were all right. It was only then that Adrius realized something. The most dangerous person in their group, Noah, was nowhere to be found.

Slipping out silently from the main party, he made his way off towards where the ship was to see if Noah had stayed there. And low and behold, she was there. He said nothing as he saw her, standing blatantly in the path she would've been going not for himself.

Once the boy had made his way up beside her, Seira turned her head to look at him, an eyebrow raised in silent question as to why it had taken him so long to get himself up the rise. Of course she knew that she was stronger than him, but she didn't think the difference was THAT great. Still, her companion served his purpose and that was all that anyone could really ask of him. Then he went right along and made that contemptuous comment, and in response she brought her left hand around behind the back of his head and made to give him a nice thwap.

[color=#ff8c00]"Oh come on Erynion,"[/color] She began, her voice turning to that sort of tone one would expect from a mother gently scolding her child, [color=#ff8c00]"There's no need to be rude to strangers. Who knows, maybe they're going the same way we are." [/color]Of course once she had gotten done with that she turned back to the group, a bit of blush showing on her face but that could just be from the heat. [color=#ff8c00]"Excuse my rudeness, I am Seira[/color] [color=#ff8c00]and this," [/color]she gestured towards the dark skinned boy, [color=#ff8c00]"is Erynion. We were shipwrecked here earlier, but how did you lot manage to find yourselves here?"[/color] As she asked her question, she set her hands against her hips and raised an eyebrow yet again towards the group before her. To be honest, they didn't look like the sort that should be traveling together at all. If anything she saw a few amongst them that should probably be trying to kill each other just sharing a few feet of space.

As everyone said their bit about their condition and about Noah's whereabouts, Sophia nodded and let out a sigh of relieve, glad to see that everyone made it out alright, [color=#008080]"Alright.. We should probably head back, I'm sure the crew is wondering ju-"[/color] Before Sophia could finish her sentence, someone yelled out, [color=#FF8C00][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"Hey! Are you lot alright?" [/background][/size][/font][/color]Blinking, Sophia didn't know what to say, caught off guard by how there were two, unknown, people approaching the group, having heard the ruckus of the collapsing ruins. Realizing that their question remained unanswered, Sophia was about to open her mouth and respond to them when the female introduced the pair and explained how they got on the island. [color=#008080]"I see.. Well I'm glad you two are fine, as are we. Is there anyone else your party or is it just you two? Our ship was damaged pretty good, but not bad enough to where some make-shift repairs won't get us to the closest port.. Which I've no clue is where.. The navigator of the ship is working on trying to find out our location."[/color]

Erynion ducked easily under the clout, though he made an effort to make it [i]look[/i] like it had taken effort. It wouldn'tdo to anger his companion; she was a lot stronger than him, even if she was loud and slow. He rolled his eyes and lifted himself from the ducking position, turning to face the attractive knight who seemed to take a leadership role, despite the only other knight appearing more powerful.

He listened closely as she spoke, watching the movements of all the others around them as she spoke. They were definitely a bit jumpy, as expected from such a close call such as the ruin collapse, but had the feeling that it was something more. There wasn't much trust within their group, that muh he could tell. Perfect.

He sighed and shrugged as Sophia finished, taking as step forward so as to be infront of Seria. "Just us, I'm afraid. Your ship probably suffered the same fate as ours." Erynion guessed, talking rather nonchalantly about the situation. "The Sea Dragon?" He asked, raising an eyebrow of his dark red eyes, staring directly at Sophia's face. He shrugged and turned his head towards the ocean from then, sighing.
"I guess we'd best go with you if you've got a ship." He muttered, pulling a dark arm out of his pocket, revealing one of his small crossbows from under the cloak as he reached out his arm. "Deal?" He grinned slightly, though it wouldn't have meant anything to anyone, really.

The scene that currently arose seemed all too beleivable to be real. After exploring the ruins, now destroyed, two people show up, who appear to be in the same situation that the group has found themselves; trapped on the island without any knowledge of where they are. Lex couldn't be sure that they're who they say they're are. For what the entire group may know, these people that arrive before them could be infamous serial killers who ran from civilization, worshippers of some unknown demon that resides deep in the earth. Lex tried to not be entirely negative about the situation, but he wanted caution to be taken when coming into contact with new people.

Before Sophia could make a response to Erynion's proposition, Lex wanted to discuss certain matters concerning the situation that they are in. Lex stepped forward, and grabbed Sophia on the shoulder, leaned over, and whispered into her ear, "Got a sec?"

He didn't want Sophia to inform these people of their current situation. For all of hell, he wouldn't even tell them that their ship was damaged. But thankfully for the gods that Sophia dared not tell them about what they just witnessed in the ruins. The giant wall that was etched into his memory piqued his interest, but also his sense of danger that ensnared him as well. After they found out their location and the closest city to travel, Lex wanted to check out their library for information. Lex believed that a library would be more useful at the present than the two acquintances before them.

Titus, while the ruins were collapsing, made it out with nary a scratch on his skin or a scuff on his outfit, due only to his own raw talent. Shortly after the escaped, some others who were also on the island at the time approached them. The group began speaking back and forth. Titus had remained quiet the entire time, deciding not to engage himself in such affairs. Of course, when the dark skinned boy made his offer, he couldn't stop his mind from analyzing the situation. Titus caught a quick glimpse of the crossbows he had concealed.

[i]'Hm hm. It seems that these two are worth having, but not worth trusting. If I were in our commander's situation, I would allow these two to tag along, but never let my hand leave more than a foot of my hilt' [/i]he thought. He walked close enough for Sophia to see him, and gave a tiny, silent nod, urging her to accept the deal.

[color=#008080]"Our ship is simply damaged.. But not so bad to where the Captain think some repairs will get us barely to a port,"[/color] was all Sophia could get in before Lex stepped up to her and whispered for a moment of her time. Whispering back, she said, [color=#008080]"Is it really that importa- Never mind.. The look on your face says it is." [/color]Looking to the two strangers, she said,[color=#008080] "Excuse me and my friend here, he needs a moment of my time, feel free to mingle about with everyone, though."[/color] Motioning for Lex to follow her, she stepped from group just far enough to where they were in sight, but not in hearing range. Looking to Lex, she whispered, [color=#008080]"What is it Lex? Is it about the wall or is about what I said before we left? I did leave everyone high and dry about that name, Sevo." [/color]Sophia pouted a little bit, feeling a little bad about it.

Following after Sophia, Lex checked behind him to see how the others were doing. Returning to Sophia, she thought it was about the wall. That was nonetheless important, but only a portion of his concern. He responded with a low voice, "[color=#800000]Sorta. It's about that, but also those two.[/color]" He was naturally talking about the newcomers that just arrived before them,

"[color=#800000]Don't you find it odd that a pair of their kind shows up after we discover that ruin, and especially that wall? Their appearance is too much of a coincidence. I'm not saying it's bad, but...[/color]" he paused, then resumed. "[color=#800000]More importantly, at the wall. When you touched it, what happened? You weren't yourself, even for that moment. Even someone as dumb as bricks could tell something was wrong. And don't bullsh*t the details either. If this is somehow connected to the Votum, then you can't be the only one to know what happened.[/color]"

Looking off into the distance, he gave a small sigh. "[color=#800000]When we get back on track, I might go to a library, whichever one is closest. They might have more information on hand than we do, especially about...[/color]" he paused, and looked back at Sophia.

"[color=#800000]... Sevo.[/color]"

Archived