Return of the Orichalcos (Finishing/PG-13/IC)

TV had become quite the most amusing spectacle. Surprisingly enough the news was more interesting than fictional programs. A lot of news programs had the most interesting theories of what was happening. Lucas was happy to see his handy work taking effect. Slowly but surely the city was turning into zombified Orichalcos drones. He wasn't used to playing the villain but when he does do it he goes big. This life of watching T.V. from inside a stadium all to one's self was surely excessive yet spacious at the same time. Food for thought maybe.  Lucas was thoroughly immersed in his alcohol. It took a lot to get him drunk but it took him a long time to find the "good stuff" and Lucas was simply content with life. 

Hmm now where have all the good men gone? He said as he was joking about the lack of heroes who have come to stop him and most likely the other legendary swordsmen who are waiting at their appointed sections.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=darkgreen][i]Carla. We have begun,[/i][/color] Archetype Earth's voice echoed into her head via telepathy, in a cold voice devoid of emotion. [color=darkgreen][i]You shall feel much more powerful under the light of Faust, and you will continue to grow more and more powerful as time goes on. Ready yourself, for your battle with a Legendary Dragon will soon commence.[/i][/color]

With that said, the serpentine woman looked back up at the sky. She had no idea what the others were doing at this point, but she couldn't be bothered right now. Looking upward, she conducted the energy of souls all throughout Atlantis in order to balance out the comet Faust, with a dazed Yuuto aiding her as he forcefully summoned spirits to fly up and push it. Right here was the focal point of the counterbalance. The force of the emerald comet was insurmountable, but she couldn't risk it crashing down into the planet Earth. Her job was to protect it, and she couldn't simply abandon that duty. Nor could she let that comet drift away.

Whatever the consequences, this was for the planet itself. Whatever side effects humanity suffered while this occurred didn't matter to her. All that mattered was making Faust into the second moon, and securing an absolution wherein she could proceed to create an army that could ravage the rest of the universe, and perhaps even the multiverse, to eliminate all potential threats. There were many out there, and the presence of Itsu Fudo only proved her point. She was protecting it the only way she knew how; utter destruction.

A small shockwave rushed throughout the sky, and giant auras materialized above Detroit. It would've been beautiful if not for the destruction directly below it, and if it hadn't the coming of the Great Leviathan.

Nothing would stand in her way.

• 2 weeks later...

October 15, 2032
Windsor, Ontario
7:49 AM Local

Pandora pressed some buttons, and the hatches to the ship closed up on themselves. She used her pilot "training", now expanded to include how to work the complex spaceship, to lift the Inch of Will off of the ground using gravitic repulsors and send it floating off towards Detroit, specifically towards the Final Sight. However, back on the ground, Foster approached Natsu, the "leader" of this former resistance group.
"Can I help you?"
"Acting Commander Cincinnatus Foster. I want to apologize for the actions of my forces. I suspected something, but I didn't realize how much of a traitor Castle was until yesterday. This is a dark day for the United States military."
"It's a dark day for everyone, Commander. I assume your superiors have a battle plan?"
"Sort of. We are planning on executing Operation: GREEN POWER soon, but there's a snag. Something at the Renaissance Center is broadcasting interference over the entire city, as well as the lake. Fortunately, we're unaffected here, but it makes coordinating anything within the interference a hassle. We need someone to take it out."
Natsu looks around for Pener. "I know just the person."

April 14, 2028
Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
3:31 PM Local

In a small cafe in one of the many towers littering the massive port city, a middle-aged man of Asian descent in relatively casual clothing watched the rain fall down across the metropolis. This cafe halfway up this particular skyscraper usually catered to the tourists, but today, it was nearly empty save for him and a few others, though he was the only one at a table meant for two. Finally, an Asian woman walked up to his table, wearing a yellow raincoat over a multicolored assortment of clothing that looked like they should belong on someone a few years younger than her apparent age. In fact, if it weren't for the styling of her red hair into a very punkish arrangement, no one would suspect her as anything other than a outrageous local partygoer grabbing something with her older boyfriend on a rainy day.
"因此,如何对我们点菜了吗?" She asks her companion, opening the nearby menu he had been saving for her.
"当然。看起来很有趣吗?" He replies, glancing down at his own menu.
"也许之一,这里的甜面包。我听说他们是相当不错的。"
He sighed and looked to her in all seriousness. "Olet myöhässä."
"Ei paljon. Sade hidasti minua alas muutaman minuutin."
"Miksi siis nyt puhuu suomea? Itse mistä tiedät tiedän tämän kielen?"
"Otin oman sotilaallisen kirjaa soittamalla joissakin palveluksia."
"Ja täytyy olla jokin syy, miksi minulle annettiin tilauksia tulemaan tänne, pukeutunut niin rennosti, tavata yksi tehokkaimmista naisten maailmassa, joka on naamioitu itsensä osapuoli tyttö."
She smirked, her heterochromatic eyes looking back at him. "Olen liiketoimintasuunnitelma oman valtion. Oma yritys ei pelkästään tuota korttia. Hoidamme myös uudenlainen energiaa."
He smirked back, just as slyly. "Kyllä. Tiedämme tämän 'Ener-D' toimivallan teidän puistossa. Oletko vihdoin tarjoavat jakaa tätä tekniikkaa?"
"Tavallaan. Vaadin hyvin konkreettisesti, mitä haluan voit tehdä tätä tekniikkaa. Kaikenlainen poikkeaminen tästä sopimuksesta on vakavia seurauksia lähitulevaisuudessa."
"Ja nämä ohjeet?"
She pulled out a piece of paper and slides it to him, which he then reads, but as he does so, his eyes widen and his complexion pales.
"Sinä ... et voi olla tosissasi!"
"Olen. Olen erittäin vakava nainen, Kenraali."
"Poliittinen puolue ei koskaan hyväksy tätä!"
"Tämä sopimus antaa kansan oikeuksia käyttää uusia, puhtaita vallan muoto, vastineeksi hyvin erityistä käyttöä vähän tuota valtaa. Esimiesten kiinnittää huomiota tarjoukseni."
He relents, holding his head in his arms. "Olet painajainen."
She gives him a cute smile. "Ilo tehdä kauppaa kanssasi, Kenraali." She then turns to the waitress, who has been standing nearby, not understanding a word they said, and cheerily asks. "我会一个玻璃茶和甜美的包子,请!"

"... so, who wants to reenact that one scene from the Titanic?" Seda asked as soon as he and some of the others had reached the deck of the ship.

Almost immediately, Seda was greeted with a collective shout of "NO!!"

Meanwhile, just below deck, Gabriel was once again holding a conversation with Hermos. "Even with the combine force of my brothers and I, it may not be enough," Hermos said once more, "... but there may be another way. Another option."

"What's that?" asked Gabriel, now curious.

Hermos began pacing back and forth, wracking his brain for the details he needed. "... there were others, another group of knights besides me and my brothers. They were our pupils at one point. Four of them, each empowered by an aspect of Alchemy."

At this, Gabriel blinked. "Alchemy? Which process?"

"Ah, so you're knowledge of alchemy, Gabriel? That's good, actually. It means you'll know most of what I'm about to say.

"The four knights, our students, each possessed the power of the Magnum Opus: Nigredo the Shadow, Albedo the Pure, Citrinitas the Dawn... and Rubedo the Holon. The four of them studied and trained under our tutelage, in the hopes that they would be able to defend their homeworld as one."

"However, it was around that time that the Orichalcos made its uprising. Our students, they were not ready to face such a force, no one was. At the time, we felt that the best course of action was to seal our students away. We managed to secure Nigredo, Albedo and Citrinitas... but... ...." Hermos hung his head, his back turned away from Gabriel so as to keep his Chosen One from seeing his anguished face. "Rubedo, he... ... he fell fighting off the monsters so that... so that his brothers could be saved...."

At this, Gabriel's heart sank. Not just out of sadness for Rubedo's sacrifice, but out of possible despair that their only other option may not be available to them. "... but, there has to be a way to bring Rubedo back, right?"

Hermos, hearing Gabriel's question, slowly straightened himself. "... you're right. Yes, there is a possible way," he said, turning around to face the luchador. "Technically, we have everything we need to resurrect Rubedo. Or rather, you have everything."

"Me...?!"

Hermos nodded. "They may be in a new form, but they're there: You have three of the Magnum Opus Knights in your Deck, as Masked Bravadors!"

"WHAT?!" Gabriel hurriedly took out his Deck and began rummaging through it until he came upon the three cards in question: The Masked Bravadors Nigredo Reaper, Albedo Rey, and Citrinitas Gold.  "You mean, these three were knights the whole time?!  This can't be a coincidence...."

Boredom. Boredom was setting in hard. It was getting taxing for Lucas to space out his drinks with a water chaser. Combine that with all of the salty foods that came with the stadium it was hard to just keep from getting fat. This means he would have to find a way to pass the time. But what to do? He was slowly and surely turning all of the city to an unholy army of zombies. Side note that wasn't his actual intention but it should give him more points in the new villain award. Anywho, what should he do now though? More acts of villainy are always good. Maybe one of his little artifacts could help him make more moves in the "wrong" direction. As he looked in his bag he kept pulling out a wide variety of trinkets he thought would be useful. Nothing much seemed to come to mind. Most of these were some form of agricultural tool and not meant for combat. He did however stumble across a bag of marbles though. Now these had some potential his smile would speak for himself.

Well lets get to work. Lucas stood up and looked around at the series of unconscious bodies that filled the stadium floor. The only way these people would move was when they need to relieve their own bowels. Lucas may have been evil but he was still a gentlemen. He walked around and began checking out the youth on the scene. This was something quite interesting one child was fighting the control of the Oricalichos. He couldn't have been no older than 10 but still this was remarkable. Lucas looked at the boy as he had somehow managed to get his duel disk on and face the old swordsman. The boy was panting and Lucas just watched this phenomenon with an eyebrow raised. Well, this is happening. He said as the boy was able to get to his feet and position his duel disk to duel. Immediately the seal had formed around the both of them. 

Lucas was quite intrigued. He didn't have his duel disk or deck on him so how was this going to play out. Lucas gazed at the boy whose eyes were completely green upon closer inspection. Hmm look at you struggling. Okay...lets see if the same card trick works again. Lucas motioned as if he had a duel disk and pretended to draw five cards.The kid drew his sixth card. Oh would you look at that, I've assembled all five pieces of Exodia. Lucas said with his empty hand. The boy felt the wave of defeat come over him and his soul was taken instantly. Lucas was proud that his ploy work, but scared that the young child had such willpower. Maybe the child was an outlier in the grand scheme of things but still. This was unsettling. No matter the boy gave him something he needed. Duel monster cards.

Lucas looked at the boys deck and they seem to be a series of toys powered by a wind-up crank. Maybe that is why they were called Wind-ups. Interesting but they will do. Lucas took the boy's deck and stuffed it into the pouch with marbles. He then made his way to the roof of the stadium and took in the fresh air. He then realized he was in the center of downtown Detroit. Hmmm guess I don't watch enough sports he said out loud while pulling out his notepad from his chest pocket. So lets see trace the magic words and throw the bag into the city. After tracing the Enochian words with the tip of the bag it quickly went into a green blaze. That must have been the queue to toss the bag into the city. After doing so he watched in amazement as the marbles rained down on the street and four neighboring buildings exploded. But it wasn't just an ordinary explosion from the buildings came to live the Extra deck monster of the Wind-up archetype. The Extra deck monsters proceed to go on a rampage and deal more damage to the city. Lucas tilted his head at this magica as the Wind-up monsters with green eyes went forward to lay waste to the land. 

No wonder the Atlantians were so good with agriculture. They must've been able to manufacture golems of some kind, but that must have been taxing on the mind and body. Funny though I guess if I split the task among all of the citizens of Detroit this is easy. Yay more villain points for me! He said as he took in the fresh air. Minus the gloom and doom of it this was a pretty nice day.

Archived