Battle of the Elites

[quote name='Wong Fei-hung' timestamp='1343440396' post='5990631']
Well you can apply now and we'll wait until we have enough people. If you don't make it in time I'll refund your points.
[/quote]Fair enough.

[quote name=''Night' timestamp='1343440774' post='5990643']
Simple. Send in 3 tags before you leave meeting each of the criteria.
[/quote]My week starts tomorrow at 6 AM. Eastern Time. Think that is enough for me?

[b]Regarding the entry fee:[/b]

If anyone wishes to join but does not have enough points to participate, I'll be more than happy to pay it for you.
No one should be hesitant to join for any reason.

I'll also send some pm's to others and get this thing going.

It's a 3-way? I thought it would be something relatively larger.
Also 3 days per theme is rather excessive and is too long to maintain my interest, I think.
Should be a day per theme, in my opinion.

Regardless, I'll have mine submitted by later today.

[quote name=''Night' timestamp='1343665127' post='5992762']
It's a 3-way? I thought it would be something relatively larger.
Also 3 days per theme is rather excessive and is too long to maintain my interest, I think.
Should be a day per theme, in my opinion.

Regardless, I'll have mine submitted by later today.
[/quote]
I'm in. Just didn't post here yet.

I'm thinking make a thread tomorrow with all of the submissions allowing everyone in showcase to voice an opinion on who is the "best artist on ycm".
I don't think 1 person (no matter how skilled they are) should decide who should be granted the title of best artist.

The votes should only influence your opinion, not decide it however.

It's really only to get the community more involved and make it more of a spectacle.

[quote name=''Night' timestamp='1343954991' post='5995815']
I'm thinking make a thread tomorrow with all of the submissions allowing everyone in showcase to voice an opinion on who is the "best artist on ycm".
I don't think 1 person (no matter how skilled they are) should decide who should be granted the title of best artist.

The votes should only influence your opinion, not decide it however.

It's really only to get the community more involved and make it more of a spectacle.
[/quote]

I think we did that once and the community voted for the "Most known artist" not the best artwork. But if you want it that way you'll need to send in your entry so I can make the thread and everyone would be able to vote.

Archived