5 Poorly Designed Spellcaster Cards

Agro

Day's Break Magician
LIGHT / Level 4
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 banished Level 3 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster; Special Summon the targeted monster. This card cannot be used as Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of a Spellcaster-Type Synchro Monster.
ATK / 1200 DEF / 1900

Dusk Magician
DARK / Level 3
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
FLIP: Both players send the top 3 cards of their Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position or Face-down Defense Position.
ATK / 0 DEF / 1900

Dawn Sorcerer
LIGHT / Level 3
[ Spellcaster / Tuner ]
If this card is destroyed by a card effect: Banish this card and 1 DARK Spellcaster monster from your Graveyard to target 1 Level 4 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster in your Graveyard; add the targeted monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
ATK / 1100 DEF / 1200

Oracle of the Twilight
LIGHT / Level 6
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
1 Spellcaster Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters
When a card(s) is banished in either player's Graveyard, place 1 Spell Counter on this card for every card banished. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can remove 3 Spell Counters from this card and send 2 cards from the top of your Opponent's Deck to the Graveyard; send 1 face-up card on the field to the Graveyard.
ATK / 2100 DEF / 600

Holy Circle of Summoning
Trap
Banish 1 LIGHT Spellcaster-Type monster you control and send 2 cards from the top of your Opponent's deck to the Graveyrd to target 2 Level 3 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon the targeted monsters from the Graveyard. They are destroyed at the End Phase.

[quote]Day's Break Magician
LIGHT / Level 4
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 banished Level 3 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster; Special Summon the targeted monster. This card cannot be used as Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of a Spellcaster-Type Synchro Monster.
ATK / 1200 DEF / 1900[/quote]I assume this has Night's End Sorcerer in mind considering the whole theme of this Deck. It being a Tuner with Banish abilities make it a desired choice. Also, Lv6 Synchro promises Arcanite's little brother and sister, Explosive and Tempest Magician.

[quote]Dusk Magician
DARK / Level 3
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
FLIP: Both players send the top 3 cards of their Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position or Face-down Defense Position.
ATK / 0 DEF / 1900[/quote]This has an uber-crush for Night's End. Very useful for general Lv5 Synchro Summons like Hyper Librarian.

[quote]Dawn Sorcerer
LIGHT / Level 3
[ Spellcaster / Tuner ]
If this card is destroyed by a card effect: Banish this card and 1 DARK Spellcaster monster from your Graveyard to target 1 Level 4 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster in your Graveyard; add the targeted monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
ATK / 1100 DEF / 1200[/quote]This allows Arcanite Magician with Day's Break. Nice, and fair enough effect. Maybe a little underpowered? I don't know.

[quote]Oracle of the Twilight
LIGHT / Level 6
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
When a card(s) is banished in either player's Graveyard, place 1 Spell Counter on this card for every card banished. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can remove 3 Spell Counters from this card and send 2 cards from the top of your Opponent's Deck to the Graveyard; send 1 face-up card on the field to the Graveyard.
ATK / 2100 DEF / 600[/quote]I was wondering when I'd see Spell Counters! I don't see it being used as frequent as I imagine you intended, since all the lower levels would be more likely consumed for Synchro Fodded. Still, gives the Tempest and Explosive Magician something to Xyz with, which is nice.

[quote]Holy Circle of Summoning
Trap
Banish 1 LIGHT Spellcaster-Type monster you control and send 2 cards from the top of your Opponent's deck to the Graveyrd to target 2 Level 3 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon the targeted monsters from the Graveyard. They are destroyed at the End Phase. [/quote]I really really think this needs toning down somehow. I feel its too much advantage overall. It looks useful, but could be abusive if ran ridiculously.

Overall I'm glad you expanded on the archetype of this card you're uber cray-cray about, it makes me smile to see these things supported. Also, I like their ties in with the other Synchro Magicians, however I feel these guys are way too more focussed on banishing, which would be nice if not for the issue of lacking in Spell Counters. I imagine this deck running Chaos Sorcerer naturally!

[quote name='Tentalus Therapist' timestamp='1347483635' post='6023998']
How are these poorly designed again?
[/quote][img]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/14/140958/2300751-bb56d372_Thats_the_joke.jpeg[/img]

But seriously, Konami should hire me.

Also, I like how no one noticed that I hadn't given Oracle of the Twilight materials.

Archived