Relampago is here!

weryllium

Ok, so here goes nothing. This is just a little something me and my brother cooked up. All the monsters, except the armor, are LIGHT Thunder. Any OCG fixes, tips, or suggestions would be appreciated. But please take it easy, this is my first archetype attempt.

[color=#FF0000][b]MONSTERS[/b][/color]:

Relampago Warrior
Level 4/LIGHT/Thunder/1900 ATK/1600 DEF
When this monster is summoned, activate one of the following effects:
●Special Summon another "Relampago Warrior" from your hand
●Move one "Relampago Warrior" from your Deck to your hand

Relampago Armor
Level 4/LIGHT/Machine/Union/0 ATK/2000 DEF
Once per turn, you can equip this card to a "Relampago" monster you control, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up Defense Position. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK and DEF. (A monster can only by equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

Relampago Hunter
Level 3/LIGHT/Thunder/1200 ATK/1800 DEF
When this monster is sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon one Level 4 or lower Beast-type monster from your Deck.

Relampago Dungeonmaster
Level 3/LIGHT/Thunder/1500 ATK/1300 DEF
As long as this monster is face-up on the field, during each of your Standby Phases your opponent loses 500 LP.

Relampago Prince
Level 5/LIGHT/Thunder/2000 ATK/1800 DEF
When this card is Summoned, you may Special Summon one Level 3 or lower "Relampago" monster from your hand.

Relampago Princess
Level 6/LIGHT/Thunder/2300 ATK/2900 DEF
When you summon this card, you may discard a card to Special Summon 1 "Relampago Prince" from your hand or Deck.

Relampago Queen
Level 7/LIGHT/Thunder/2600 ATK/2100 DEF
If you control two or more "Relampago" monsters, you can Normal Summon this monster without a tribute.

Relampago King
Level 8/LIGHT/Thunder/2900 ATK/1000 DEF
"Relampago" monsters cannot be targeted by opponent's card effects.

Relampago All-father
Level 10/LIGHT/Thunder/? ATK/? DEF
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by tributing 3 face-up "Relampago" monsters you control and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This monster's ATK and DEF are equal to half the combined ATK and DEF of the monsters used to summon it.

Relampago Assassin
Level 3/LIGHT/Thunder/1500 ATK/0 DEF
This monster cannot be Summoned unless "Relampago Fortress" is in play. This monster cannot be selected as an attack target. This monster can attack directly. If "Relampago Fortress" is destroyed, destroy this card.

[spoiler='Boss']Relampago Deity: Ekaj of the Lightning
Level 12/LIGHT/Thunder/5000 ATK/5000 DEF
This monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This monster can only be Special Summoned except by the effect of "End of Days" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: target one monster on the Field; that monster loses 1000 ATK and this monster gains 1000 ATK, if the targeted monster's ATK would be reduced to 0, destroy it. Place one Thunder Counter on this card for every "Relampago" monster banished by the effect of "End of Days". If this monster would be destroyed, remove one Thunder Counter instead.[/spoiler]

[color=#00FF00][b]SPELLS[/b][/color]:

Relampago Alert
Normal Spell Card.
Select two Level 4 or lower "Relampago" monsters from your Deck. Put one into your Graveyard and Special Summon the other to the field in face-up Attack position.

Relampago Judgment
Normal Spell Card
Activate only when you control two or more "Relampago" monsters. Target one monster your opponent controls; destroy that target and inflict damage equal to the destroyed monster's ATK. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn.

Relampago Citizens
Quick-Play Spell Card
All monsters you control are considered "Relampago" monsters and gain 500 ATK and DEF.

Relampago Fortress
Field Spell Card
During each of your Standby Phases, pay 500 LP or destroy this card. All "Relampago" monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF for every "Relampago" monster on the field.

Relampago Frenzy
Normal Spell Card
Target one "Relampago" monster you control and increase its ATK by 500. That monster can attack all of your opponent's monsters once each and is destroyed during your End Phase. Other monsters cannot attack this turn.

Relampago Induction
Quick-Play Spell Card
Pay 500 Life Points. Target one non-"Relampago" monster in either player's Graveyard; Special Summon that target. It gains 500 ATK and is considered a "Relampago" monster.

Relampago Vengeance
Normal Spell Card
One "Relampago" monster you control can attack once more this turn.

[color=#800080][b]TRAPS[/b][/color]:

Relampago Chainmaster
Decrease an opponent's monster's ATK by its Level x 100. That monster cannot attack for two turns.

Relampago Phantom
Activate only when a Level 7 or higher "Relampago" monster you control is destroyed. Inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

Relampago Shield
Negate an attack on a "Relampago" monster; destroy the attacking monster and inflict 200 damage for each "Relampago" monster you control.

NOTE #1: "Relampago" is the Spanish word for lightning.
NOTE #2: This was originally supposed to be an illustrated series, but because of school I haven't had any time to sketch them.

End of Days
Normal Spell card
Pay half your Life Points. Tribute one "Dusk-Eyes Dawn Dragon" and "Relampago All-father" you control and banish all the cards in your Graveyard. Special Summon 1 "Relampago Deity: Ekaj of the Lightning" from your hand or Deck.

Dusk-Eyes Dawn Dragon
Level 9/Dragon/Ritual/LIGHT/3000 ATK/2500 DEF
This monster can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell card "Rising Sun Ritual". When this monster destroys a monster by battle, inflict 100 damage to your opponent for every card in his/her hand.

Rising Sun Ritual
Ritual Spell Card
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Dusk-Eyes Dawn Dragon". You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal 9 or more.

1. I love yugioh abridged! :D
2. You can edit your posts by clicking "edit", then deleting the excess words.
3. Where are the Types and attributes for your monsters past Dungeonmaster? I'd appreciate it if you would add them in.
4. You could always find images for the cards by going to photobucket and searching jazinkay. His profile has a lot of really good pics.
5. Now, my review: The set isn't exactly creative, as swarming has been tried many times before, and this archetype doesn't seem to be all too special. I would have liked it a bit more if you'd made the set a bit more original. Another thing is that the set seems a bit fragile, as it revolves around getting out the high-level beatsticks. Maybe you could make one of these cards have an effect that prevents other Relampagos from being attacked. Nevertheless, I do like these cards. 7.5/10
6. A few fixes you should make:
*Relampago Armor isn't very useful. You should make it able to equip to any monster.
*Hunter is useless. There are no Beast-Types in the deck. Add some beasts or change its effect.
*I can't see myself using All-Father ever.
*Relampago Alert is OP'd: you can bring out King on the first turn! Make it summon a level 4 or lower monster and it's fine.
*I would never use Shield ever: I'd run sakuretsu or DP in its place. Give us a bonus for negating an attack, like 500 damage or destroying the attacking monster (or both), and it's fine.

Thanks for responding. It means a lot. :)

1. I know, right?
2. Thanks. I'm new at this.
3. They're all LIGHT Thunder, except for Armor, which is a Machine. I was just too lazy to put them in.
4. I'll check it out.
5. The "protecting the other Relampagos" was the original idea for a continuous trap card that makes the strongest one the attack target, or even an effect of the King. I wasn't sure how balanced that would be, though. Any suggestions to make this archetype more unique?
6. I'll change Armor and Shield. As for Hunter, there's an up and coming group of Beasts I'm still working out the kinks on. All-father, can it be salvaged somehow? It was basically just a speed bump on the way to bringing out Ekaj, but that's still pretty ridiculous. Alert, yeah, didn't think of that. I'll add the restriction.

Thanks for the support.

No problem.

All-Father should be able to negate spells or traps in some way. I.e., when a spell card is activated, discard 1 relampago monster from your hand, negate that spell card's activation, and destroy it. The continuous trap card is perfectly balanced, considering how all one has to do is MST it or get rid of the high-Atk relampagos with fissure or something. You could make it more unique by giving it a theme, i.e. quick synchro, burn, deck destruction, etc. In fact, I think this set would be able to carry out decent deck destruction, so maybe you could go in that direction. But this is just my suggestion, do whatever you like.

I think sending cards straight to the Graveyard from the Deck just might work. I'll upgrade All-father and add some effects, plus a couple new Spells and Traps.

NEW: Added the Maers (beasts). Remember Yugi's Valkyrion? It's kinda like that, as far as summoning goes. Ultimate Offering could help with getting them all on the field for Cerberus, I guess. Otherwise, it's hard enough to get three Maers on the field that it should balance a piercing 3900 attacker. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived