Spirit Ryu ruling

From netrep.net

You can only activate this effect during your Battle Step, if this card battles during your turn. Discard 1 Dragon-Type monster from your hand to the Graveyard to increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 1000 points until the End Step.

Nothing clearly mentions that you can only discard one dragon from your hand, so you may discard as many as you so desire.

Ive tossed 15 before against FGD so yeah you can toss as many as you want

i can beat that

i decided to play a deck based on the kid in the anime... ands use heart of the underdog

so all the deck had was around 37 dragons and 3 HOTU

so i had at least 30 dragons in my hand at this point in time... summoned spirit ryu... discarded 29 dragons... pow... 39,000 ATK point monster

then i got cylindered

Ive tossed 15 before against FGD so yeah you can toss as many as you want

i can beat that

i decided to play a deck based on the kid in the anime... ands use heart of the underdog

so all the deck had was around 37 dragons and 3 HOTU

so i had at least 30 dragons in my hand at this point in time... summoned spirit ryu... discarded 29 dragons... pow... 39' date='000 ATK point monster

then i got cylindered

[/quote']

ouch, thats gotta hurt that guys dignity.

• 1 year later...

From netrep.net

You can only activate this effect during your Battle Step' date=' if this card battles during your turn. Discard 1 Dragon-Type monster from your hand to the Graveyard to increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 1000 points until the End Step.

Nothing clearly mentions that you can only discard one dragon from your hand, so you may discard as many as you so desire.

[/quote']

Well there are two different types of Spirit Ryu. One is the original from the LOD booster pack which lets you discard as many times as you want and all the other types specifically say you can only discard 1 dragon during your battle step.

Archived