SONAR | Music Review Station |

.Rai

I never knew that Crstal Castles did a third album

But anyways since you seem to really badly want requests Phantom here's some for you:
Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children
Morcheeba - Big Calm
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='clairedestroyer' timestamp='1355074229' post='6089150']
it came out about a month ago. it hasnt received much attention because alice dyed her hair purple and said some stupid things in interviews and winter isnt the best time to release new albums generally.
[/quote]

Really man she died her hair, I thought it looked fine before
And what kind of stuff did she say during the interviews

[quote name='Hardcore Punk' timestamp='1355062366' post='6089050']
[color=#008000][b]Haven't check out any review from the new reviewers yet but since the two of you are open for request, I wanna see a review of iUno from Green Day from both MoogSourceVermona and Phantom just to see what are your thoughts about the album and get the general point of view of the album from the two reviews.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Already on my list but I'll add the review on my request section.

[quote name='MoogSourceVermona' timestamp='1355074013' post='6089148']
I never knew that Crstal Castles did a third album

But anyways since you seem to really badly want requests Phantom here's some for you:
Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children
Morcheeba - Big Calm
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
[/quote]

Really badly want? Um..what you mean matey? And I'll add them to my list, thanks.

[quote name='MoogSourceVermona' timestamp='1355103995' post='6089513']
Really man she died her hair, I thought it looked fine before
And what kind of stuff did she say during the interviews
[/quote]

just some really goofy stuff about how like her music is really revolutionary and the message is superior to everyone else's. its never really a good idea to alienate people like that haha.

[quote name='Phantom Stranger' timestamp='1355109270' post='6089568']
Really badly want? Um..what you mean matey? And I'll add them to my list, thanks.
[/quote]

I was just refeering to the fact of how you posted up that your requests were open on the Metal thread
Sorry if it was a wrong acusition

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1355172221' post='6090040']
While I'm waiting for Rai to do The End is Not the End, I might as well throw their more recent album out there for anyone to tackle.

[url="http://coldhardwant.com/"]House of Heroes - Cold Hard Want[/url]

Because I am addicted to I am a Symbol.
[/quote]

Alright I'll add it on the list

[quote name='MoogSourceVermona' timestamp='1355168646' post='6089986']
I was just refeering to the fact of how you posted up that your requests were open on the Metal thread
Sorry if it was a wrong acusition
[/quote]

No worries. That's pretty much true.

Anyway, my massive Pink Floyd review is done. Check it right [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/290429-sonar-music-review-station/page__st__20#entry6080731"]here.[/url]
Next review would be Green Day's iUno.

[quote name='MoogSourceVermona' timestamp='1354139022' post='6080420']
[spoiler=House of Heroes - Cold Hard Want]
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/nr9Bo.jpg[/img][/center]
[center]Rating: 3/5[/center]

House of Heroes are a Christian Rock band that have a very modern rock feel to them. The songs don’t have much weight to them which tends to make me feel bored when I’m listening to this album. To my ears this is nothing but your basic modern rock, thrown in with 2 A Cappella songs. There really is nothing that makes the songs in this album pop out. They’re catchy but that’s it, they don’t have any sort of unique lyrics, style or anything. It’s your everyday rock band mixed in with lyrics about Christianity.

HOH if you ask me are not really going to go anywhere with their music, due to how it’s the average everyday modern rock band except they worship god. The only thing that makes them different is that they have Christianity within their lyrics. Though this album is not something that I like it’s not something that I’d jump out a window if I had to listen to it. Like what I mentioned some of the songs are catchy but not even a handful of them are.

The only song from this album that I can say that I actually like from this album is “Comfort Trap”. It sounds more different and it doesn’t sound too much like something that would come out of some stupid modern rock station. The lyrics are good due to the more metaphoric filled descriptions and usage of analogies.

[b]Recommended Tracks: Touch This Light, I Am A Symbol and Comfort Trap[/b][/spoiler]
[/quote]

I don't really agree with a few points in the review, but my thoughts are mostly opinions so I can't exactly defend them. All I know is that I love this album.

Still, 1 rep for yah.

[quote name='Mako † CRUX' timestamp='1355640750' post='6094728']
I don't really agree with a few points in the review, but my thoughts are mostly opinions so I can't exactly defend them. All I know is that I love this album.
[/quote]

Meh we all have our opinions, I can see why someone would love this album
But I just really can't stand their style
I don't mind that they're Christian, but I do mind the style of rock that they chose

[center]Since MoogSource and Bay/Phantom are the only ones who are still open for request, would any of you review Plan B and also Conversation Piece. Both are by A Lot By Bird and I don't care which of you are reviewing it or even if you two wanted to review it. Just wanna see if it's as good/enjoyable was people claim it to be.[/center]

[quote name='Slipknot Sevenfold' timestamp='1356706987' post='6104156']
[center]Since MoogSource and Bay/Phantom are the only ones who are still open for request, would any of you review Plan B and also Conversation Piece. Both are by A Lot By Bird and I don't care which of you are reviewing it or even if you two wanted to review it. Just wanna see if it's as good/enjoyable was people claim it to be.[/center]
[/quote]

I'm going to put A Lot Like Bird as a possibility
But anyways expect another Daft Punk review done by me later tonight

EDIT: The Daft Punk review has been finished, I'll now be working on Ufabulum and Oceanic, once those two are done then I'll possibly do a Justice and A Lot Like Birds, though I'm still debating on whether I should or shouldn't do them

[quote name='MoogSourceVermona' timestamp='1356724995' post='6104333']
I'm going to put A Lot Like Bird as a possibility
But anyways expect another Daft Punk review done by me later tonight

EDIT: The Daft Punk review has been finished, I'll now be working on Ufabulum and Oceanic, once those two are done then I'll possibly do a Justice and A Lot Like Birds, though I'm still debating on whether I should or shouldn't do them
[/quote]

[center]Sure, I don't mind waiting unless if Bay return and he wanted to do it. And they're a progressive band just for a head's up.[/center]

Archived