I hope it's not obvious, or i'm slow... [pithing needle]

Hasemeow

[img]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/products/rtr/jj5cgxleev_en.jpg[/img]
I pulled this during the midnight release (along with jace, tho i'd prefer vraska) anyways, discuss, and someone help me out with understanding how in the heck this card works. i have absolutely no clue.

Congrats on the jace, most expensive card on the set if i recall.

Basically, you play it and declare a card name, neither player can use the abilties of the declared card name except for "Tap: Add Mana to your mana pool"

I think one of the most popular uses is against a Planeswalker, you slap it and declare their planeswalker, well now it just sits there doing absolutely nothing.

[quote name='Black Scar' timestamp='1349393660' post='6038028']
Congrats on the jace, most expensive card on the set if i recall.

Basically, you play it and declare a card name, neither player can use the abilties of the declared card name except for "Tap: Add Mana to your mana pool"

I think one of the most popular uses is against a Planeswalker, you slap it and declare their planeswalker, well now it just sits there doing absolutely nothing.
[/quote]
So, am i slow or what? xD
Thanks for the clarification though, i really had no damn idea what this card did. pulled it foil too, so yeah :/ And thanks for the grats, he is the most expensive, but he's hardly useful outside of multiplayer games in my opinion. :/

Needle is really good. It isn't a card you'd want in the main deck, but if you know your playing against the G/B troll this for example makes him really good since he is just a 2/1 trampler.

FYI, Jace is REALLY good. A weak fog every turn or free card advantage is very powerful. ITs at $50 atm so if you trade it keep that in mind since you can get a lot for it.

Archived