So yeah, the animes keep showcasing sort of semi-divine arts and practices. First Tarot, now Heraldry. I just had to give it a go.
[spoiler='My stuff']
Heraldic Beast Amphiptere
WIND/Dragon/4/1400/1400
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: you can send 1 “Heraldic Beast” Monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 “Heraldic Beast” Monster from your Deck. The effect of “Heraldic Beast Ampiptere” can only be activated once per turn.

Heraldic Beast Hippogryph
EARTH/Beast/4/1900/1600
You can send 1 “Heraldic Beast” Monster from you hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in face-up Defence Position.

Heraldic Beast Gryphon
WIND/Beast/4/1800/1500
When a “Heraldic Beast” Monster is Special Summoned; you can Special Summon this card from your hand.

Heraldic Beast Cockatrice
EARTH/Winged-Beast/4/1700/1700
When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: you can discard 1 “Heraldic Beast” Monster; add 1 “Heraldry” Spell or Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand.

Heraldic Beast Catoblepas
EARTH/Beast/1400/1600
When this card is Special Summoned: you can add 1 “Heraldry” Spell or Trap card from your Deck to your hand.

Heraldic Beast Labes Wolf
DARK/Beast/4/2000/1000
If you do not control another "Heraldic" monster, this card cannot attack. If this card is used as an Xyz Material Monster for a Psychic-Type Xyz Monster: that monster gains 1000 ATK.

Heraldic Beast Manticore
FIRE/Beast/4/1600/1600
During your Main Phase: You can banish 1 Psychic-Type Xyz Monster you control and this card in your Graveyard; Special Summon the Xyz Materials used to Xyz Summon that monster from your Graveyard.

Heraldic Beast Raven
DARK/Winged Beast/4/1200/1000
During your Main Phase: you can discard this card from your hand; add up to 2 "Heraldic Beast Raven" from your Deck to your hand.

Heraldic Beast Pegasus

WIND/Beast/4/1800/1200

When this card is Special Summoned: you can select and activate 1 of these effects:

-Increase the Level of all "Heraldic Beast" Monsters you control by an amount no greater than the number of "Heraldic Beast" Monsters you control.
-Decrease the Level of all "Heraldic Beast" Monsters you control by an amount no greater than the number of "Heraldic Beast" Monsters you control.

Heraldry Fortune
Normal Spell
Target 1 face-up Psychic-Type Xyz Monster with all of its Xyz Materials; detach all of its Xyz Materials, and if you do, draw 2 cards.

Heraldry Empowerment
Equip Spell
The equipped monster gains 1000 ATK, but its effect is negated.

Heraldry Destiny
Normal Spell
Discard 2 "Heraldic Beast" Monsters with the same name; draw 3 cards. Yu can only activate 1 "Destiny Medallion" per turn.

Heraldry Ritual

Normal Spell

Banish 1 "Advanced Heraldry Art" from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Number 69: Heraldry Crest" from your Extra Deck, and attach 3 "Heraldic Beast" Monsters from your Graveyard to it. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.)

Heraldry Hatred
Equip Spell
Equip only to an Xyz Monster. When the equipped monster is used as an Xyz Material and this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result: inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK.

Heraldry Lycanthropy
Continuous Trap
All face-up Xyz Monsters you control are treated as Psychic-Type. Once per turn: you can target 1 Xyz Monster you control; attach all Xyz Material Monsters from other Xyz Monsters you control to that monster.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Community stuff']
Heraldic Beast Medusa
WIND/ Reptile/ Effect/ Level 4/ ATK 1600/ DEF 300
When this card is Summoned, while you control another face-up "Heraldic Beast" monster: You can select 1 monster on the field; While this card is face-up on the field, the selected monster's effect is negated. If this card is destroyed: You can banish 1 "Heraldic Beast" monster in your hand; All monsters your opponent controls cannot attack until your next End Phase.

Heraldic Beast Urquhart Boar
EARTH/ Beast/ Effect/ Level 4/ ATK 1000/ DEF 1000
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. If you have 3 or more banished "Heraldic Beast" monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can return 1 banished "Heraldic Beats" monster to your graveyard; Return 1 Spell/Trap card on the field to it's Opponent's hand.. Then return 1 banished "Heraldic Beast" monster to your graveyard. If this card is used as Xyz Material for a Psychic-Type Xyz monster: That monster gains the following effect;
# This card cannot be destroyed by Spell Cards.

Heraldic Beast Mandrake
EARTH/ Plant/ Level 4/ Effect/ ATK 1200/ DEF 1800
During either player's turn: You can banish this card in your graveyard: Until the End Phase, each time a "Heraldic Beast" monster you control destroys a monster in battle; You can activate one of the following effects (once each):
# Draw 1 card. Then return 1 card in your hand to the top of your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck.
# Send 1 "Heraldic Beast" monster except "Heraldic Beast Mandrake" from your Deck to your graveyard. Then return 1 monster in your graveyard to the bottom of your Deck.
# Activate you control a face-up Psychic-Type Xyz Monster. Destroy 1 card on the field.

Heraldic Beast Deathworm
EARTH/ Beast/ Effect/ Level 4/ ATK 0/ DEF 2000
When this card is Normal Summoned: Change this card to Defence Position. Once per turn, if you have 1 or less banished "Heraldic" monsters; You can select 1 "Heraldic" monster in your graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Heraldic" monster from your Deck with a different name to the selected monster, except "Heraldic Beast Deathworm". Then banish the selected monster.

Number C69: Heraldry God Coat of Arms Force
LIGHT/Psychic/Rank 4/2600/1400
4 Level 4 "Heraldic" monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 69: Herladry God Coat of Arms" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) This card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can return 1 banished monster to the graveyard to target up to 2 face-up monsters on the field; until the End Phase, the selected monster(s) have their effect(s) negated and this card gains the same effect as the selected monster(s). You must have 1000 Life Points or less to activate and to resolve this effect.

Heraldic Queen Genome Splicer
DARK/ Psychic/ Xyz/ Rank 4/ ATK 2500/ DEF 0
2 x Level 4 "Heraldic" monsters
While this card has an Xyz Material(s) attached to it, the effects of "Heraldry" cards you control cannot be negated. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Select and destroy 1 non-Xyz monster your Opponent controls. Then Special 2 "Faulty Clone Tokens" (Psychic-Type/ DARK/ Level 4/ ATK ?/ ATK ?) in face-up Defence Position. Their ATK and DEF are equal to half the destroyed monster's ATK and DEF respectively.

Heraldry Anger
Normal Spell
Activate only while you control a face-up "Heraldic Beast" monster. Destroy all monsters on your side of the field. Then destroy cards on your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of destroyed monsters. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn.

Heraldry Dimension
Normal Spell
Tribute 1 "Heraldic Monster" you control. Special Summon 1 banished "Heraldic Beast" monster with a different name to the tributed monster's name. If the Special Summoned monster is used as Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon this turn: Banish this card from the graveyard; Draw 1 card.

Heraldry Sealing
Counter Trap
When your Opponent Summons or Sets a monster while you control a face-up "Heraldic" monster: Shuffle 1 "Heraldry" card in your graveyard into the Deck; Negate that Summon or Set and destroy that monster.[/spoiler]

This is just a first go at it. As always, community thread, and more may come.

I'll add to the already good pot of cards you got there.

Heraldic Beast Medusa
When this card is Summoned, while you control another face-up "Heraldic Beast" monster: You can select 1 monster on the field; While this card is face-up on the field, the selected monster's effect is negated. If this card is destroyed: You can banish 1 "Heraldic Beast" monster in your hand; All monsters your opponent controls cannot attack until your next End Phase.

Heraldic Beast Manbearpig
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. If you have 3 or more banished "Heraldic Beast" monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can return 1 banished "Heraldic Beats" monster to your graveyard; Return 1 Spell/Trap card on the field to it's Opponent's hand.. Then return 1 banished "Heraldic Beast" monster to your graveyard. If this card is used as Xyz Material for a Psychic-Type Xyz monster: That monster gains the following effect;

Heraldic Beast Mandrake
During either player's turn: You can banish this card in your graveyard: Until the End Phase, each time a "Heraldic Beast" monster you control destroys a monster in battle; You can activate one of the following effects (once each):
# Draw 1 card. Then return 1 card in your hand to the top of your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck.
# Send 1 "Heraldic Beast" monster except "Heraldic Beast Mandrake" from your Deck to your graveyard. Then return 1 monster in your graveyard to the bottom of your Deck.
# Activate you control a face-up Psychic-Type Xyz Monster. Destroy 1 card on the field.

Heraldic Emperor Gene Splicer
While this card has an Xyz Material(s) attached to it, the effects of "Medallion" cards you control cannot be negated. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Select and destroy 1 non-Xyz monster your Opponent controls. Then Special 2 "Faulty Clone Tokens" (Psychic-Type/ DARK/ Level 4/ ATK ?/ ATK ?) in face-up Defence Position. Their ATK and DEF are equal to half the destroyed monster's ATK and DEF respectively.

Anger Medallion
Normal Spell
Activate only while you control a face-up "Heraldic Beast" monster. Destroy all monsters on your side of the field. Then destroy cards on your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of destroyed monsters. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn.

Interdimensional Medallion
Normal Spell
Tribute 1 "Heraldic Monster" you control. Special Summon 1 banished "Heraldic Beast" monster with a different name to the tributed monster's name. If the Special Summoned monster is used as Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon this turn: Banish this card from the graveyard; Draw 1 card.

I like Heraldics, so I will happily comment on these.

[b]Heraldic Beast Amphiptere[/b]

Initially I thought this did too much, but then again cards like Giant Rat and UFO Turtle are considered too slow these days, so maybe the additional setup for High and Revival Medallions is good.

[b]Hippogryph[/b]

You can send 1 “Heraldic Beast” Monster from you hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in face-up Defence Position.

Hmm.... decent. Something about it seems underwhelming for some reason. Dunno why.

[b]Heraldic Beast Gryphon[/b]

Eh at best. At least it isn't Shadow Lizard and can be normal summoned if need be.

[b]Heraldic Beast Cockatrice[/b]

Powerful effect, but it's not likely to run much over (and Heraldics don't have any natural boost stats wise) and requires you to have a Heraldic in hand. Think its too crippled by its restrictions in all honesty.

[b]Heraldic Beast Catoblepas[/b]

This one however is awesome. Doesn't miss timing (even with High Arts) and grabs you another one.

[b]Heraldic Beast Labes Wolf[/b]

Meh to be honest. Has plenty of support but don't like the Wulf clause.

[b]Heraldic Beast Manticore[/b]

If that was a graveyard effect that would be awesome to be honest.

[b]Fortune Medallion[/b]

Situational possibly dead drawy +1 spell that is restrictive on moves, but is not completely crippling. Good job.

[b]Powered Medallion[/b]

No thank you.

Mixed bag, some potentially good cards that may be better in practise than on paper having looked underwhelming or held back a little too much (although that may just be in comparison to broken power creeper archtypes it has to compete with). A reasonable stab.

So much for email alerts when replies get posted...

[quote name='Majestic Star Bahamut' timestamp='1350661998' post='6048114']
I like Heraldics, so I will happily comment on these.
[b]Hippogryph[/b]

Hmm.... decent. Something about it seems underwhelming for some reason. Dunno why.[/quote]

Me neither. Its summon is only a wash, but it combos with Amphiptere and High Medallion Arts.

[quote]
[b]Heraldic Beast Cockatrice[/b]

Powerful effect, but it's not likely to run much over (and Heraldics don't have any natural boost stats wise) and requires you to have a Heraldic in hand. Think its too crippled by its restrictions in all honesty.[/quote]

What would you suggest then, more ATK or change the effect a little?

[quote]
[b]Heraldic Beast Labes Wolf[/b]

Meh to be honest. Has plenty of support but don't like the Wulf clause.[/quote]

I can fix that.

[quote]
Mixed bag, some potentially good cards that may be better in practise than on paper having looked underwhelming or held back a little too much (although that may just be in comparison to broken power creeper archtypes it has to compete with). A reasonable stab.
[/quote]

I didn't really want a power creeper. I wanted something that would be viable for casual play. Still, I can make amendments.

[quote name='NotSoSlenderMan' timestamp='1350579801' post='6047422']
I'll add to the already good pot of cards you got there.

Heraldic Beast Medusa

[b]First effect is kinda cool but second is kinda weak. Decent, but not awe-inspiring.[/b]

Heraldic Beast Manbearpig

[b]I will never be able to look at this thing without thinking South Park. Now, let me see if I understand this: you pay the cost, then perform a Spiritualism, then perform an action that's the same as the cost? Weird. Still, Spell immunity is good.[/b]

Heraldic Beast Mandrake
During either player's turn: You can banish this card in your graveyard; Until the End Phase, each time a "Heraldic Beast" monster you control destroys a monster in battle, You can activate one of the following effects (once each):

[b]I'm gonna reword the first option, because if you shuffle there's no point in specifying where to put it back. I think it may also need a "only one of this guy per turn" clause.[/b]

Heraldic Emperor Gene Splicer
While this card has an Xyz Material(s) attached to it, the effects of "Medallion" cards you control cannot be negated. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Select and destroy 1 non-Xyz monster your Opponent controls. Then Special 2 "Faulty Clone Tokens" (Psychic-Type/ DARK/ Level 4/ ATK ?/ ATK ?) in face-up Defence Position. Their ATK and DEF are equal to half the destroyed monster's ATK and DEF respectively.

[b]I may change this thing's name to "Heraldic King Genome Splicer" just because I think that sounds better, but this is cool.[/b]

Anger Medallion
Normal Spell

[b]It's a -1 that can get SLR'ed and skips your Battle Phase. Pass.[/b]

Interdimensional Medallion
Normal Spell
Tribute 1 "Heraldic" Monster you control; Special Summon 1 banished "Heraldic Beast" monster with a different name to the tributed monster's name. If the Special Summoned monster is used as Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon this turn: Banish this card from the graveyard; Draw 1 card.

[b]Again, I may tweak the name to sound better, but decent card. If you can use both effects it does pay itself back, and it combos great with Catoblepas. Nice work.[/b]
[/quote]

I wrote the effect wrong. You only return 1 "Heraldic" monster for Manbearpig. I was thinking of Genome Splicer but I thought it would be too much like Genome Heriter. Medusa is underwhelming yet I was originally going to make it so that they couldn't activate their effects instead so I tried to make it balanced. Everything else you said I agree with. I might as well add more cards for the sake of it.

Heraldic Beast Deathworm
When this card is Normal Summoned: Change this card to Defence Position. Once per turn, if you have 1 or less banished "Heraldic" monsters; You can select 1 "Heraldic" monster in your graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Heraldic" monster from your Deck with a different name to the selected monster, except "Heraldic Beast Deathworm". Then banish the selected monster.

Number C69: Final Deity Coat Of Heraldic Arms
LIGHT/

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 69: God Medallion Coat of Arms" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and return 1 banished monster to the graveyard to select up to 2 face-up monsters on the field; the selected monster(s) have their effect(s) negated and this card gains the same effect as the selected monster(s). You must have 1000 Life Points or less to activate and to resolve this effect.

Sealing Medallion
Counter Trap
When your Opponent Summons or Sets a monster while you control a face-up "Heraldic" monster: Shuffle 1 "Medallion" card in your graveyard into the Deck; Negate that Summon or Set and destroy that monster.

[quote name='NotSoSlenderMan' timestamp='1351028355' post='6051948']

Heraldic Beast Deathworm

[b]Neat-o[/b]

Number C69: Final Deity Coat Of Heraldic Arms
LIGHT/

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 69: God Medallion Coat of Arms" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and return 1 banished monster to the graveyard to select up to 2 face-up monsters on the field; the selected monster(s) have their effect(s) negated and this card gains the same effect as the selected monster(s). You must have 1000 Life Points or less to activate and to resolve this effect.

[b]The name of a Chaos Number should be closer to the original, but I can fix that.[/b]

Sealing Medallion
Counter Trap
When your Opponent Summons or Sets a monster while you control a face-up "Heraldic" monster: Shuffle 1 "Medallion" card in your graveyard into the Deck; Negate that Summon or Set and destroy that monster.

[b]Very nice[/b]
[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived