2 Material Rank 1's

Saynt

Entity of Sorrow
WATER
Rank 1
Fiend/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 1 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: You cannot activate the effects of Spell or Trap Cards until your next Standby Phase. Whenever Xyz Material(s) are detached from this card, Set 1 card from your Deck. That card cannot be activated or flipped face-up on the turn it is Set.
0/0

Entity of Malice
FIRE
Rank 1
Fiend/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 1 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Your opponent draws 3 cards. Whenever Xyz Material(s) are detached from this card, Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower monster from your Graveyard or Deck. If an Xyz Material(s) are detached from this card by another card effect, negate the effects of any monster you Special Summon while this card is face-up until your next Standby Phase.
0/0

Entity of Lethargy
EARTH
Rank 1
Fiend/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 1 monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Reveal 1 card in your hand, and banish all copies of it in your hand, Graveyard, and Deck. During your next Standby Phase, return 1 copy of that card to your hand. Whenever Xyz Material(s) are detached from this card, each player declares 1 card name: If any copies of that card exist in either player's hand or on the field, control of those cards are switched (cards in the hand are added to the opposing player's hand).
0/0

Entity of Sorrow is interesting. Obviously the drawback helps stop it being broken and it is balanced for what it is. A good card for Level 1 Spam decks as it can pretty much set Threatening Roar/Thunder of Ruler etc to activate next turn against your Opponent.

Entity of Malice is a bit OP'ed, I would just limit it's effect to either graveyard or Deck. Graveyard would be preferred because the ability of grabbing any level 5 or lower from the Deck is a bit nutz. It's "drawback" can also be used against your opponent with cards like Greed, Drastic Drop Off and other anti-draw cards. I also think the summoning effect should be limited to once per turn because you can use cards that detach materials (Oni-Gami Combo, Xyz Remora, etc)to pretty much make an instant Xyz which is pretty broken so a once per turn limit would be nice.

I like these cards they're very good for what they are and they're incredibly original. I like the fact that the drawback is activated on manually detaching the Xyz Material while the actual benefit activates whenever a material is detached, allowing for counterattacks against Decks that can remove Xyz Materials from monsters you control. A very nice idea and I hope you add to it.

You can't protect what you search with Entity of Sorrow so grabbing a Monster Reborn is reasonable. I like how much faster and more powerful this is than Alchemic Magician in spite of the drawback.

Both of these cards are broken with external effects that force them to detach. In particular, Entity of Malice is completely insane with Blue-Blooded Oni.

Archived