Forgotten Archetype

DoomBeast

It's been a while since I last was on....

[spoiler=Monsters]
Forgotten Skull EARTH
Fiend / Effect
When this monster is Normal or Flip Summoned; Banish it. If this card is Banished, and your opponent Normal or Flip Summons a monster; you can return this card from your Banished zone to your Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Forgotten" monster from your hand.
1000/1100

Forgotten Doll EARTH
Fiend / Effect
When this monster is Normal or Flip Summoned; Banish it. If this card is Banished, and your opponent Special Summons a monster(s); you can return this card from your Banished zone to your Graveyard: Banish the Summoned monster(s).
600/400

Forgotten Ghoul EARTH
Fiend / Effect
When this monster is Special Summoned; Banish it. If this card is Banished, and your opponent activates a Spell or Trap card; you can return this card from your Banished zone to your Graveyard: Negate and destroy the activated card. You must control a face-up "Forgotten" monster to activate this effect.
1700/1500

Forgotten Generator EARTH
Fiend / Effect
Once per turn, select and activate one of the following effects:
• You can Banish this card from your hand: Draw 1 card. You cannot Special Summon monster this turn, except "Forgotten" monsters.
• You can return this card from your Banished zone to your Graveyard: Draw 1 card. You must control a face-up "Forgotten" monster to activate a resolve this effect.
1800/600

Forgotten Yeti EARTH
Fiend / Effect
You can return 1 "Forgotten" monster from your Banished zone to your Graveyard: Special Summon this monster from your hand or Graveyard. If this monster is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: Banish it. If this card is Banished and your opponent Summons a Level 5 or higher monster; You can send that monster to the Graveyard: Special Summon this monster. This effect can only be activate once per Duel.
2100/200

Forgotten Martyr EARTH (NotSoSlenderMan's)
Fiend / Effect
Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can banish this face-up card. If this card is banished, and your opponent activates a card effect that would destroy a "Forgotten" card you control; you can return this card to the graveyard: Negate the activation of that card and destroy it. When this card is removed from the field; You can add 1 "Forgotten" monster in your Graveyard, except "Forgotten Martyr", to your hand.
1900/0
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spells]
Forgotten Rune
Normal Spell
When this card is activated: Banish it. When your opponent Normal Summons or Sets a monster; you can return this card from your Banished Zone to your Graveyard: Add 1 "Forgotten" monster from your Deck to you hand.

Forgotten Book
Normal Spell
When this card is activated: Banish it. When your opponent draws a card(s); you can return this card from your Banished zone to your Graveyard: Draw the same amount of cards.

Forgotten Cage
Normal Spell
When this card is activated: Banish it. When your opponent Special or Flip Summons a monster; you can return this card from your Banished zone to your Graveyard: Gain control of the Summoned monster, until the End Phase.

Forgotten Cemetary
Field Spell
This card cannot be activated from your hand. You can Banish this card from your hand. If this card is Banished; you can place it into your Field Spell Zone. Once per turn, if a monster is sent to your opponent's Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Forgotten" monster frm your Banish zone, then Banish 1 "Forgotten" monster from your hand.

Forgotten Grove
Field Spell
This card cannot be activated from your hand. You can Banish this card from your hand. If this card is Banished; you can place it into your Field Spell Zone. Once per turn; you can Banish 1 "Forgotten" monster from your hand; Send this card to the Graveyard: Activate 1 "Forgotten" Field Spell from your Deck.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Traps][/spoiler]

[center][b][size=4]Feel free to post some of your own cards, ideas, suggestion, or critiques.[/size][/b][/center]

A very interesting idea. Sort of preparing before your Opponent actually does a move is quite creative and really puts the pressure on them.

Skull is pretty awesome for the archetype and allows TCG plays within the Deck. It's a pretty big card in the Deck as most of the Forgottens activate on Normal Summoning so this is pretty much the crucial card in the Deck. It's stats allow it to be supported and searched by a lot of cards.

Doll is great, considering your field is most empty, Doll allows you to stop your Opponent from swarming and overwhelming you. Besides that, there's nothing much else to comment on.

Ghoul is one of the few cards that I have a problem with. It's a good idea, working within the archetype while still being balanced enough as it has to be Special Summoned. However, I feel that it could be splashed in multiple Decks as a practically costless Spell/Trap negation. Cards like Soul Release/Bazo The Soul Eater can pretty much banish this card all over the place while Dust Knight can send this card very quickly to the grave to be abused (if it hasn't already been SS'd which is quite likely). I would add a cost that you have to control a "Forgotten" monsters to negate a Spell/Trap as this would make it more balanced while using the cards Summoned by Skull, Cemetary and Grove to your advantage.

Generator is another one I have a problem with. The first effect is again somewhat OP'ed. I would add a clause that like 'You cannot Special Summon monsters this turn, except for "Forgotten" monsters.' The 2nd effect is a bit crazy as it, like Ghoul, can be abused quite quickly. Maybe adding a cost to return 1 card in your hand to your Deck afterwards. Or just put in a similar thing to Ghoul as in you have to control a "Forgotten" monster.

Yeti is pretty sweet. It's Summoning Condition is pretty balanced and the stats are fine. It's the last effect I have a problem with. I would change the effect to only Level 5 or higher and maybe remove the once per duel clause as sending any monster that is summoned is just crazy, no matter if it's Once per duel. Everything else is great.

Forgotten Rune is the most balanced searcher ever. It encourages player interaction and is just generally awesome. I honestly love it and it fits with the archetype's Anti-Meta theme beautifully.

Book is pretty much an Upstart Goblin when your Opponent draws a card. Maybe change it to "When your Opponent draws a card(s): You can return this banished to the graveyard; Draw the same amount of cards." or something along those lines. Also, you mistyped return as retrn.

I feel Cage isn't needed in this archetype as Doll already handles the Anti-Special Summon thing much better. Maybe change it so it lasts until your next End Phase. I just feel it is outclassed by Doll.

Cemetary works well with this archetype and is really balanced. Now Yeti's effect generates more advantage and destruction in battle now nets even more profit.

Grove is somewhat bland compared to Cemetary. It does search from the Deck which is great and can set up Xyz. But I also feel that it will mostly be used to summon Yeti repetitively while banishing cards to set up their effects. I would change it to level 4 or lower.

I really like this archetype. The idea of setting a trap for the Opponent is just really creative and the whole archetype is Anti-Meta while still being consistent. You can quickly set up Grandsoil plays while disrupting your Opponent's plays. A generally great archetype while still allowing for expansion. I will add a card if you do not kind, a bit of added muscle that can help it's brethren in the grave.

Forgotten Martyr EARTH
Fiend / Effect
Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can banish this face-up card. If this card is banished, and your opponent activates a card effect that would destroy a "Forgotten" card you control; you can return this card to the graveyard: Negate the activation of that card and destroy it. When this card is removed from the field; You can add 1 "Forgotten" monster in your graveyard, except "Forgotten Martyr", to your hand.
1900/0

Archived