Because Special Summoning from the Deck is broken

[b]G.S. (Global Security) Agent[/b]

Dark/Warrior/Tuner
700 ATK/600 DEF

If you control a face-up "G.S. Soldier": You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card leaves the field, except when returning to the Deck: You can Special Summon 1 "G.S. Soldier" from your Deck.

[b]G.S. Fighting Instructor[/b]

Dark/Warrior/Effect
1700 ATK/1500 DEF

If you control a face-up "G.S. Soldier": You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). This card gains 200 ATK for each "G.S." monster on your side of the field. When this card leaves the field, except when returning to the Deck: You can Special Summon 1 "G.S. Soldier" from your Deck.

[b]G.S. Reconaissance[/b]

Dark/Warrior/Effect
1000 ATK/1200 DEF

If a "G.S. Soldier" is Special Summoned to your field from the Deck: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card leaves the field, except when returning to the Deck: You can Special Summon 1 "G.S. Soldier" from your Deck.

[b]G.S. Sniper[/b]

Dark/Warrior/Effect
1400 ATK/1200 DEF

If you control a face-up "G.S. Soldier": You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During your Main Phase; You can Banish any number of "G.S. Sniper" from your Deck: This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each card Banished. When this card leaves the field, except when returning to the Deck: You can Special Summon 1 "G.S. Soldier" from your Deck.

[b]G.S. Soldier[/b]

Dark/Warrior
1000 ATK/500 DEF

[i]The Global Security Team is ready to roll out! Just give the command, Colonel![/i]

[b]G.S. Spy[/b]

Dark/Warrior/Effect
1200 ATK/1000 DEF

Before this card attacks, if you control a face-up "G.S. Soldier": Send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard and if that card is a "G.S." monster or Spell Card: You can Special Summon it/activate its effect.

[b]G.S. Attack Formation[/b]

Normal Spell

Send 1 "G.S. Soldier" you control to your opponent's side of the field. Its ATK becomes 0 and gains the following effect: "Before this card is attacked: Destroy all other monsters you control, then send cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard equal to each monster that was destroyed by this effect. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "G.S. Soldier" from your Deck."

[b]G.S. Colonel Z (Zeta)[/b]

Dark/Warrior/Synchro
1800 ATK/1800 DEF

1 "G.S." Tuner + "G.S. Soldier". Cannot be Special Summoned, except by Synchro Summon, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Before this card attacks: Return all monsters with "G.S." in their names, except this card, from your hand and your side of the field to the Deck and Shuffle. This card gains 100 ATK for each card returned this way. During the next Standby Phase you used this effect, draw cards from the top of your Deck until your hand has 5 cards.

Even without stating it, if a monster like Tengu, whose effect activates if removed from the field, is returned to the deck, it won't activate its effect. So there's no need to state it in the effects.

As for Attack Formation, based on wording, unless I'm wrong, I don't think a soldier under its influence would activate its effect since it's already in the Graveyard and treated as a Normal Monster again. Not sure if that's the case.

And I hope Colonel's last effect isn't lingering. And even if it isn't, that's still pretty dumb.

The basic premise of the archetype isn't broken, however, since all of them miss the timing.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1351648931' post='6057686']

As for Attack Formation, based on wording, unless I'm wrong, I don't think a soldier under its influence would activate its effect since it's already in the Graveyard and treated as a Normal Monster again. Not sure if that's the case.[/quote]

I think I may take that last part out, because yes, it does create a bit of confusion as to what happens afterwards.

[quote]And I hope Colonel's last effect isn't lingering. And even if it isn't, that's still pretty dumb.[/quote]

The ATK increase or the Draw until you have 5 cards? I was confused to which one you said the last effect was. Yes, the ATK gain is permanent, unless it gets flipped over by BoM/Veiler'd/etc. The Draw until you have 5 was originally an End Phase effect, but stuff like Battle Fader/Veiler/Maxx C/various hand traps exist. So I nerf'd it.

[quote name='みゆきサン' timestamp='1351649694' post='6057698']
The ATK increase or the Draw until you have 5 cards? I was confused to which one you said the last effect was. Yes, the ATK gain is permanent, unless it gets flipped over by BoM/Veiler'd/etc. The Draw until you have 5 was originally an End Phase effect, but stuff like Battle Fader/Veiler/Maxx C/various hand traps exist. So I nerf'd it.
[/quote]The Draw. The ATK increase is fine, the Draw is Cards of Sanctity.

If I were you, I would make it so that you draw the same amount that you returned, maybe +1.

Archived