Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Spirit of Christmas [Started/Accepting/PG-13/OoC]

Aix

Favorite Holidays  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite holiday?

• Christmas
    • Halloween
    • Thanksgiving
    • Independence Holidays (e.g. Fourth of July, Canada Day and etc.)
    • Easter
    • Other (if you are going to specify, specify within a post that is relevant to the RP)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, finally finished my app. Let me know if it's up to scratch.

[spoiler=Adrian Parish][b]Name:[/b] Adrian Parish
[b]Age:[/b] 19
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Appearance:[/b] Adrian is tall (about 6’2”), moderately built, and has a plain face with jutting chin. He has steel blue eyes and hair. His hair is often messy and refuses to be combed into a formal style, so is often just left alone, except on important occasions.
His usual attire is a plain shirt, often a faded blue or black, with slightly-short denim jeans. He wears a carved ivory mask around his neck on a thin rope, and a plain-faced watch with black band on his left wrist. The mask has no significance to his nature or history; he just liked the way it looked.
Since he lives on the lower Spiral, he can afford a Duel Disk and Gazer, but not particularly custom. He uses a standard Duel Disk, coloured blue with a single black band running across it, and standard Gazer with a green lens. He keeps it and his deck around a plain leather belt around his waist; Gazer on his left hip, deck on his right.
[b]Personality:[/b] Adrian is usually a good-natured guy; friendly, chivalrous, funny, etc. A typical Australian accent masks his speech at times. He helps people with issues, he follows people in their tasks, and is diligent to his own. His personality changes when he duels, however; he is hyper-focussed on his task, ignores others, and could even be called abusive of those that are not in his deck. To his own cards, his normal traits shine through, and despite their self-destructive tendencies, he will strategically work the Timebombs to have their destruction not go to waste.
As for other people, he generally works well on his assignments, in aspects of cooperation and teamwork. In dueling, however, he follows an ‘every man for himself’ policy; he won’t interrupt duels unless the life of someone he cares about is in immediate mortal danger (apart from Shadow Games), and he will never allow people to interfere or help him in his own duels.
[b]History/Bio:[/b] Adrian was never poor in life. He was raised on the lowest part of the Spiral, despite making friends with kids from the outer regions of the Spiral City and beyond. As such, he was considered wealthier than those he consorted with, but he hid it well; never flaunting fancy clothes, banquets, or dueling equipment in front of his friends.
Apart from hanging with those less fortunate, he was normal for his social and monetary status. Adrian, like many others, looked up to the original figurehead of KaibaCorp, Seto Kaiba, as well as the current heir, Muramasa, in a reverential way. He went advanced through his schooling at the Duel Academy – which was, of course, first built and funded by Kaiba himself – with flying colour, and graduated by the age of sixteen. He continually pushed for employment at KaibaCorp when of legal age, but because of a lack of openings, was denied time after time.
When the ChristMas Charity Corporation started up, Adrian was initially overjoyed. To his friends from the outer Spiral City, who, because of their economic status were unable to afford Duel Disks and Gazers, CristMas was a godsend.
The novelty of near-free gear wore thin after a while, however, when the news that the Kaiba Corporation was heading bankrupt because it couldn’t sell its dueling technology. Adrian was suspicious at first, but after noting the unemployment line from KaibaCorp, he began to believe their situation. Realising that CristMas was the primary suspect, Adrian resolved to pit himself against CristMas however possible, despite his friends believing that it was the best thing to happen to them. He left them and struck out on his own, donating to KaibaCorp whenever possible.
When KaibaCorp sent out notices that they were once again hiring for an unknown reason, Adrian signed on. He learned that his job was to attempt to gain control of the ChristMas shipment to the world. Despite his temperament, Adrian’s love for KaibaCorp won out over his humanitarian side, and has accomplished his goals since being hired with ruthless efficiency.
[b]Deck[/b]: Adrian, being a Duel Assassin, and being good at it, has a deck that assists his goals. He utilizes the Timebomb archetype, a complicated little mechanism among his cards that means his monsters will self-destruct after a certain time, often taking out his opponents in the process. When their time runs out, various things often happen. Their relation to his profession is helping him break into the CristMas shipments and buildings.
[b]Alignment:[/b] KaibaCorp – Duel Assassin[/spoiler]

Also, just out of curiosity, how do you guys do your duels? Do you engineer yourselves a decent hand, a brilliant hand, or completely randomize it?

EDIT: Finalizing my archetype, and I just realised, OMG GEARFRIED OP. The original. You guys might see why eventually.

Also, damn I hate finding images. Even if I have only a general idea of what they should look like.

4000 Life Points doesn't seem to give too much time to move, we usually finish stuff in a minimal number of turns. We choose our hands, however it looks best to have a Deck that seems consistent so we'll generally have a different hand and use a different strategy each time. When Dueling another person (or an important NPC), it's best to PM them to ask how the Duel should go.

Azphrael, you are accepted.

[quote name='Varian Emissary' timestamp='1353997388' post='6079034']
AixDivadis I've finished my mission so I'll wait to hear from Kaiba before I can really do anything.
[/quote]
[quote name='Azphreal' timestamp='1354003002' post='6079055']
Okay, finally finished my app. Let me know if it's up to scratch.

[spoiler=Adrian Parish][b]Name:[/b] Adrian Parish
[b]Age:[/b] 19
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Appearance:[/b] Adrian is tall (about 6’2”), moderately built, and has a plain face with jutting chin. He has steel blue eyes and hair. His hair is often messy and refuses to be combed into a formal style, so is often just left alone, except on important occasions.
His usual attire is a plain shirt, often a faded blue or black, with slightly-short denim jeans. He wears a carved ivory mask around his neck on a thin rope, and a plain-faced watch with black band on his left wrist. The mask has no significance to his nature or history; he just liked the way it looked.
Since he lives on the lower Spiral, he can afford a Duel Disk and Gazer, but not particularly custom. He uses a standard Duel Disk, coloured blue with a single black band running across it, and standard Gazer with a green lens. He keeps it and his deck around a plain leather belt around his waist; Gazer on his left hip, deck on his right.
[b]Personality:[/b] Adrian is usually a good-natured guy; friendly, chivalrous, funny, etc. A typical Australian accent masks his speech at times. He helps people with issues, he follows people in their tasks, and is diligent to his own. His personality changes when he duels, however; he is hyper-focussed on his task, ignores others, and could even be called abusive of those that are not in his deck. To his own cards, his normal traits shine through, and despite their self-destructive tendencies, he will strategically work the Timebombs to have their destruction not go to waste.
As for other people, he generally works well on his assignments, in aspects of cooperation and teamwork. In dueling, however, he follows an ‘every man for himself’ policy; he won’t interrupt duels unless the life of someone he cares about is in immediate mortal danger (apart from Shadow Games), and he will never allow people to interfere or help him in his own duels.
[b]History/Bio:[/b] Adrian was never poor in life. He was raised on the lowest part of the Spiral, despite making friends with kids from the outer regions of the Spiral City and beyond. As such, he was considered wealthier than those he consorted with, but he hid it well; never flaunting fancy clothes, banquets, or dueling equipment in front of his friends.
Apart from hanging with those less fortunate, he was normal for his social and monetary status. Adrian, like many others, looked up to the original figurehead of KaibaCorp, Seto Kaiba, as well as the current heir, Muramasa, in a reverential way. He went advanced through his schooling at the Duel Academy – which was, of course, first built and funded by Kaiba himself – with flying colour, and graduated by the age of sixteen. He continually pushed for employment at KaibaCorp when of legal age, but because of a lack of openings, was denied time after time.
When the ChristMas Charity Corporation started up, Adrian was initially overjoyed. To his friends from the outer Spiral City, who, because of their economic status were unable to afford Duel Disks and Gazers, CristMas was a godsend.
The novelty of near-free gear wore thin after a while, however, when the news that the Kaiba Corporation was heading bankrupt because it couldn’t sell its dueling technology. Adrian was suspicious at first, but after noting the unemployment line from KaibaCorp, he began to believe their situation. Realising that CristMas was the primary suspect, Adrian resolved to pit himself against CristMas however possible, despite his friends believing that it was the best thing to happen to them. He left them and struck out on his own, donating to KaibaCorp whenever possible.
When KaibaCorp sent out notices that they were once again hiring for an unknown reason, Adrian signed on. He learned that his job was to attempt to gain control of the ChristMas shipment to the world. Despite his temperament, Adrian’s love for KaibaCorp won out over his humanitarian side, and has accomplished his goals since being hired with ruthless efficiency.
[b]Deck[/b]: Adrian, being a Duel Assassin, and being good at it, has a deck that assists his goals. He utilizes the Timebomb archetype, a complicated little mechanism among his cards that means his monsters will self-destruct after a certain time, often taking out his opponents in the process. When their time runs out, various things often happen. Their relation to his profession is helping him break into the CristMas shipments and buildings.
[b]Alignment:[/b] KaibaCorp – Duel Assassin[/spoiler]

Also, just out of curiosity, how do you guys do your duels? Do you engineer yourselves a decent hand, a brilliant hand, or completely randomize it?

EDIT: Finalizing my archetype, and I just realised, OMG GEARFRIED OP. The original. You guys might see why eventually.

Also, damn I hate finding images. Even if I have only a general idea of what they should look like.
[/quote]
Alright guys, let's get started on the next mission. First, I would like to give you a rare opportunity to Duel each other as well as a chance for me to have a look at Azphrael's cards.

He can challenge me then I'll do my post of getting on the plane so we can see how he writes then we can discuss how the duel will go.

Also why is Gin Kaiba looking down at Grimm he accomplished his mission Muramasa said it wasn't an assassination and all of the cargo was stolen so it was 100% success. Is Gin a hater by any chance.

[quote name='Leagacy of the Kingdom' timestamp='1354054908' post='6079486']
OK weird thing is i was actually using my own atlatian deck since this is a filler deck till i finish my custom set so i actually drew those cards the OTK was completely by chance really didn't think it would be that quick
[/quote]It's fine. -_-... 4000 Life Points really isn't enough.
Do you guys want to switch to 8000 Life Points from now on or continue with 4000?

[quote name='Azphreal' timestamp='1354080204' post='6079911']
@Varian, I still need to know where you are so I can challenge you :neutral:
@Aix, what do you mean by that?
[/quote][quote name='SunKistRebelution' timestamp='1354084953' post='6079954']
Do we need to submit a semi-application in this topic?
[/quote]
That's just for the ChristMas people. And, you don't have to submit an app, treat the person as any other minor NPC

[quote name='Varian Emissary' timestamp='1354132923' post='6080294']
I'm in the plane with you and the NPCs so really you'll mostly be doing your opening post.
[/quote]
[quote name='Azphreal' timestamp='1354080204' post='6079911']
@Varian, I still need to know where you are so I can challenge you :neutral:
@Aix, what do you mean by that?
[/quote]
Someone could just say: "Anyone up for a duel?!"
Anyway, @Azphrael: Varian's char is that Grimm guy.

no, he is free for you to control but he can't be too good of a Duelist, otherwise, why the heck would he need your protection?
You just follow him home, and let him invite you in. You stay there for a bit, until I make a Kaiba Corp person to come attack.

Archived