Abyss Rising: Special Edition

[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1352348476' post='6063638']
Price says 9.99, how much is a single pack? -Hasn't bought packs in a long time-

Also, I want that Smog. :)
[/quote]Spec Eds are always cheaper than buying 3 packs ($10+card versus $12)

The thing is that Spec Eds are less likely to get you the cards from the packs that you want.

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1352356396' post='6063681']
I thought Special Editions were released for every other pack? o.o
[/quote]
I thought that too, but it isn't the case this time.

OT: When I first heard about this, I was thinking this:
[img]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ahm-keepin-my-money.jpg[/img]

That was only because the promos are gonna be a couple of quid and I can pick 'em up in trades, but after thinking about I don't mind the promos and I would've just gotten the SE for the packs.

[quote name='~British Soul~' timestamp='1352394552' post='6063871']
That was only because the promos are gonna be a couple of quid and I can pick 'em up in trades, but after thinking about I don't mind the promos and I would've just gotten the SE for the packs.
[/quote]Really? Honestly speaking ABYR didn't have all that great stuff unless you're playing Prophecies, Madolches, or Mermails.

[quote name='EmpoleMew' timestamp='1352397663' post='6063902']
"Booster Pack W isn't great unless you're playing Archetype X, Y, or Z" can be said about any pack.
[/quote]Yeah, but even in that case, Prophecies and Mermails will make you have to buy singles to get what you want. And any pack doesn't have a majority of the cards that shouldn't be pack filler about as useful as pack filler.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1352396353' post='6063890']
Really? Honestly speaking ABYR didn't have all that great stuff unless you're playing Prophecies, Madolches, or Mermails.
[/quote]
Yeah, the fact that ABRY doesn't really have much outside Archetype stuff was one of my reasonings why I would just trade for teh promos, rather than spend £10/£11 on a SE get mediocre stuff and the promo. Besides the stuff I do want from the set (mainly Xyz) I can buy as singles.

Long story short, I slipped back into the territory of the image I had in the post.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1352396353' post='6063890']
Really? Honestly speaking ABYR didn't have all that great stuff unless you're playing Prophecies, Madolches, or Mermails.
[/quote]

I need cards from each archtype. Why? My friend/teammate is running Prophecies, another Madolches, and I need certain Mermail cards and Moulinglacia for my deck. :<

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1352437822' post='6064467']
I need cards from each archtype. Why? My friend/teammate is running Prophecies, another Madolches, and I need certain Mermail cards and Moulinglacia for my deck. :<
[/quote]You're better off getting the cards you'll need to get for Prophecies (Tower), and Mermails (Abyssmegalo, Abysslinde, & Abysssphere), as well Moulinglacia by just buying them.

Anything else is pretty easy to get with a few packs, so I'm suprised if they don't already have them.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1352438756' post='6064477']
You're better off getting the cards you'll need to get for Prophecies (Tower), and Mermails (Abyssmegalo, Abysslinde, & Abysssphere), as well Moulinglacia by just buying them.

Anything else is pretty easy to get with a few packs, so I'm suprised if they don't already have them.
[/quote]

The only card you named that I need is Tower. o.o And I plan on buying single packs since I have a higher chance of pulling nice things than the SE. Kinda meh on the promos. Especially since I already have access to a playset of secret Dark Smogs.

Archived