Hopefully a balanced Wind-Up Xyz

Sora1499

Self-explanatory. Tell me watcha think!

Wind-Up Zenmairage
LIGHT
Rank 3
Machine/Xyz/Effect
2 level 3 monsters
When this card inflicts battle damage upon your opponent: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; add 1 "Wind-Up" monster from your deck to your hand. When this card is targeted for an attack: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; special summon 1 "Wind-Up" monster from your hand, and if you do, switch the attack target to that monster.
2100/700

Flavor's awful. All Wind-Up Xyz are Machines. They also each have their own Attribute. If anything, a LIGHT/DARK Wind-Up Xyz is what's needed, not WIND. Then there's the fact that you didn'teven follow the damn naming scheme correctly. Zenmaines, Zenmaister, Zenmaity, Zenmaioh. How does Zenmirage fit in at all? It just tastes bad all around.

On to the card itself, it's a stronger than normal Rank 3 that's still generic and searches Wind-Ups for inflicting Battle Damage with it. Win more much? It's not exactly an OTK supporter on its own, but it's stupidly designed. Not to mention that it sets off Factory, so you get completely set up if you weren't already. I wouldn't say it's broken, but you shouldn't give Wind-Ups any more search power than they already have, considering they can run up to 7 searchers. It's also something to set up Shark and be banished by Rabbit.

Second effect is awful and wouldn't be used.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1352406310' post='6063991']
@Reborn
I changed it to follow the name scheme and I made it a LIGHT Machine. Also, for the second effect, Wind-Up Honeybee begs to differ.
[/quote]
But Wind-Up Honeybee is bad, so by saying that, you're admitting that the second effect is awful.

@Aggro: But they do. So it is.

[quote name='Reborn Black' timestamp='1352406386' post='6063994']
@Aggro: But they do. So it is.
[/quote]Essentially. Lesson here is: Don't make a card that does something other cards already do. It's either going to give an undeserving deck more searchers or will be completely outclassed. Unless the other searcher is s***.

Seems neat, balanced searching power to make up for the lack of maity this time around.

Not all wind-up decks like factory, so the option to use this as searching power is neat. Especially for dedicated loop decks for when the opponent knows your game and has too few cards in hand to warrant starting the loop at the time.

It's not broken, but perhaps a little on the weak side and outclassed for certain wind-up decks, and overall unneeded imo.

[quote name='Reborn Black' timestamp='1352496695' post='6065050']
DunnoBro's totally wrong, seeing as all of them use factory. Will cover later.
[/quote]
[url="http://tododeyugioh.jimdo.com/2012/02/14/decklists-top-32-ycs-guadalajara/"]http://tododeyugioh....cs-guadalajara/[/url] (9th place, 17th place)
[url="http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/97066146/"]http://shriek.twoday...ories/97066146/[/url]

I'm sorry, what?
The majority do, not all. Dedicated hunter loop decks, winzektors, and beast-swap variants(main deck) have never used factory succesfully.

Try not to overgeneralize. You could say they all use them now, because that's all there is room left for. But with a card like this, the others may be able to come back competitively, but to say all wind-up decks use factory is a false assumption.

Congrats on referring to things months old and a format ago. You also referred to the shitty OCG version of the hunter loop, so please try and use some real examples, not outdated and bad variants.

Secondly, out of all the decks you mentioned, only Hunter loop was ever viable, and that was ONLY in addition to the combo parts. The hunter loop, as a dedicated deck, is s***. So are other Wind-up variants you mentioned.

Then there's the fact that all good Wind-Up variants run Factory. Saying that worse variants don't run it is NOT an excuse to say this card is well designed. It's still more search power on up to 7 cards per deck, which is stupid.
It's slower than the others, but you are still giving them more. Why should any deck have the potential to run 10 searchers?

If you don't understand that the BEST variant of a deck is what matters, and if you don't understand card design, you should get out now.

[quote name='Reborn Black' timestamp='1352498524' post='6065069']
Congrats on referring to things months old and a format ago. You also referred to the shitty OCG version of the hunter loop, so please try and use some real examples, not outdated and bad variants.

[/quote]
Stopped reading here. Being bad does not disregard them as wind-up decks. I never made any distinction between good and bad wind-up decks using factory. Don't assume such ignorance of other people, please.

[quote name='DunnoBro' timestamp='1352501355' post='6065101']
Stopped reading here. Being bad does not disregard them as wind-up decks. I never made any distinction between good and bad wind-up decks using factory. Don't assume such ignorance of other people, please.
[/quote]You're the one being ignorant. A card is as broken as the deck that breaks it. The best decks use Wind-Up Factory, and they'll use this too. Those decks don't deserve 10 searchers.

Rescue Rabbit helps decks like Gem-Knights and under tier decks. So what, that makes it balanced? No! It's f*cking broken and should be banned because of how it's abused in Dino Rabbit.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1352501606' post='6065107']
You're the one being ignorant. A card is as broken as the deck that breaks it. The best decks use Wind-Up Factory, and they'll use this too. Those decks don't deserve 10 searchers.

Rescue Rabbit helps decks like Gem-Knights and under tier decks. So what, that makes it balanced? No! It's f*cking broken and should be banned because of how it's abused in Dino Rabbit.
[/quote]

What are you on about? I already said the card was unneeded. Don't project your meta hate onto me.

[quote name='DunnoBro' timestamp='1352501819' post='6065111']
What are you on about? I already said the card was unneeded. Don't project your meta hate onto me.
[/quote]The issue is that the best wind-up decks would use Factory AND this, which is far more searching than they should be allowed to do. Even if the bad wind-up decks only run one of the two, the issue is that you're giving the best deck cards it doesn't deserve.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1352502145' post='6065115']
The issue is that the best wind-up decks would use Factory AND this, which is far more searching than they should be allowed to do. Even if the bad wind-up decks only run one of the two, the issue is that you're giving the best deck cards it doesn't deserve.
[/quote]

I'm not the one making this card bro, I'm not giving them the card. All you're doing is angrily agreeing with me, i said they didn't need this.

[quote name='Reborn Black' timestamp='1352503514' post='6065149']
Except you said that it was weak.
[/quote]

I said "perhaps on the weak side", and outclassed by other searchers. Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was weak, just that it COULD be weak. Being weak, or not is an entirely different debate, quit looking for a fight.

Archived