Let's Make Some Genex Support [UnderMeta]

Synchronized

[spoiler=Monsters]UM01-EN001
[b]Genex Panel[/b]
LV3/LIGHT
Machine / Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target any number of "Genex Controller" in your Graveyard; shuffle those target(s) into the Deck. If more than 1 "Genex Controller" is returned this way: Draw 1 card. If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Genex" monster from your Deck to your hand.
1200/1000

UM01-EN002
[b]Genex Repairer[/b]
LV4/WATER
Machine / Tuner
If you control a "Genex" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn: You can send 1 "Genex" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up card on the field; Set that target. During your Standby Phase: You can pay 500 Life Points; until the End Phase, this card's name is treated as "Genex Controller".
1700/800

UM01-EN003
[b]R-Genex Recycler[/b]
LV2/DARK
Machine / Effect
You can discard this card: Add 1 Level 4 or lower "Genex" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "R-Genex Recyler". You can only use this effect of "R-Genex Recyler" once per turn. If you control another face-up "Genex" monster: You can Tribute this card and target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.
0/0

UM01-EN004
[b]Genex Will O'Wisp[/b]
LV3/FIRE
Machine / Effect
When this card is destroyed by an opponent's card (by battle or by a card effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Genex" monster from your Deck. If this card is used for the Xyz Summon of a "Genex" Xyz Monster: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
900/1800

UM01-EN005
[b]Genex Hunter[/b]
LV5/DARK
Machine / Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 "Genex" monster. When this card is Summoned by Tributing a monster: You can target 1 card on the field; shuffle that target into its owner's Deck. If this card would be destroyed: You can banish 2 "Genex" monsters from your Graveyard instead.
2200/1000

UM01-EN006
[b]Genex Mechanical Archer[/b]
LV6/WIND
Machine / Effect
If you control a "Genex" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Genex Controller" from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do; banish 1 card your opponent controls. You can only control 1 "Genex Mechanical Archer".
2500/2000[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spells]
UM01-EN007
X-Genex Revival
[b]Normal Spell Card[/b]
Target 1 Level 3 or lower "Genex" monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. During the End Phase of the turn this card is activated: You can add 1 "X-Genex" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, except "X-Genex Revival".

UM01-EN008
X-Genex Cyclone
[b]Normal Spell Card[/b]
If you control a "Genex" monster: Target 1 Spell/Trap Card you control and up to 2 Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls; destroy the first target and shuffle the remaining target(s) into the Deck. During the End Phase of the turn this card is activated: You can add 1 "X-Genex" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, except "X-Genex Cyclone".

UM01-EN009
X-Genex Signal
[b]Normal Spell Card[/b]
This card can only be activated at the start of your Main Phase 1. Add 1 "X-Genex" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, except "X-Genex Signal".

UM01-EN010
[b]X-Genex Mod Duster[/b]
Normal Spell Card
This card can only be activated during your Main Phase 1. If you control 2 or more "Genex" monsters: Destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls. Then, skip to your Main Phase 2. During the End Phase of the turn this card was activated: You can add 1 "X-Genex" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, except "X-Genex Mod Duster".

UM01-EN011
[b]X-Genex Ultimate Bolt[/b]
This card can only be activated at the start of Main Phase 1. If you control a "Genex" monster: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls with more than 500 ATK. Then, skip to your Main Phase 2. During the End Phase of the turn this card was activated: You can add 1 "X-Genex" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, except "X-Genex Ultimate Bolt.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Trap Cards]

UM01-EN012
Genex Battle Gear
[b]Normal Trap Card[/b]
During this turn, "Genex" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. While this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 2 "X-Genex" Spell Cards and if you do; add this card to your hand.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Synchro/Xyz]
UM01-EN013
[b]R-Genex Earthquake[/b]
R3/EARTH
Machine / Effect
3 Level 3 EARTH monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target any number of "Genex Controller" in your Graveyard; attach those target(s) to this card as Xyz Material. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up monster on the field; destroy that target. If this card would be destroyed: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from it instead.
2400/1000

UM01-EN014
[b]R-Genex Inferno[/b]
R3/FIRE
Machine / Effect
Level 3 FIRE monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target any number of "Genex Controller" in your Graveyard; attach those target(s) to this card as Xyz Material. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; banish that target and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK. If this card would be destroyed: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from it instead.
2600/1000

UM01-EN015
[b]R-Genex Turbulance[/b]
R3/WIND
Machine / Effect
3 Level 3 WIND monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target any number of "Genex Controller" in your Graveyard; attach those target(s) to this card as Xyz Material. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 card your opponent controls; shuffle that target into the Deck. If this card would be destroyed: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from it instead.
2000/1000

UM01-EN016
[b]R-Genex Tidal[/b]
R3/WATER
Machine / Effect
3 Level 3 WATER monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target any number of "Genex Controller" in your Graveyard; attach those target(s) to this card as Xyz Material. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to look at your opponent's hand; target 1 card in their hand and send it to the Graveyard. You cannot declare an attack during the turn this effect is activated. If this card would be destroyed: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from it instead.
2300/1000

UM01-EN017
[b]Chaos Genex Battlecore[/b]
R5/DARK
Machine / Effect
3 Level 5 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card using a "Genex" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that card also become Xyz Materials on this card.) When this card is Xyz Summoned this way: Its Attribute becomes the same as the Xyz Monster used to Xyz Summon it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 "Genex" monster in your Extra Deck. During this turn, this card gains the effect(s) of that monster.
3000/1000[/spoiler]

So yeah, just some random ideas and support. Plus something for my Fan-Fic, so I figured I might as well try and post the idea to expand upon it. Comments?

Repairer: should be DARK. All Genex Tuners so far are DARK.
Mechanical Archer: Works as a Main Boss of Genex. Seems balanced. You could make it Level 5 so you get to Summon Vindikite R-Genex if using Genex Controller or Birdman as Tuner. Quick Combo: Special Summon this -> bounce this to hand with Birdman -> Special Summon this again -> banish something -> go for Vindikite.

I find the Spell Cards balanced and they are a good way of accelerating the Deck.

The Xyzs are too difficult to Summon, not only because they require 3 Materials but also because of the low number of Genex you practically have to get 2+ copies of the same card to Summon one of the Xyzs. For instance, the only possible materials for the WIND one is Worker, unless you play with Attributes with the aid of Genex Allies.

That aside, it would be better if the effects of Battlecore lasted until the opponent's End Phase, so he will be able to protect itself with the anti-destruction effect of fellow Genex Xyzs.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1352477693' post='6064741']
Repairer: should be DARK. All Genex Tuners so far are DARK.

[i]Made it WATER on purpose. It's also supposed to be Level 3, to make the R3 WATER Xyz playable. I have to fix that.[/i]

Mechanical Archer: Works as a Main Boss of Genex. Seems balanced. You could make it Level 5 so you get to Summon Vindikite R-Genex if using Genex Controller or Birdman as Tuner. Quick Combo: Special Summon this -> bounce this to hand with Birdman -> Special Summon this again -> banish something -> go for Vindikite.

[i]Eh, I could, but I made it 6 to allow some R6 plays in the Deck(s). I wasn't focusing so much on making some of the other Genex Synchros playable if only because most of them are really bad and not worth the effort to bring out.[/i]

I find the Spell Cards balanced and they are a good way of accelerating the Deck.

[i]Agreed. Plus, it was fun to make re-trains or Harpie's Feather Duster and Raigeki.[/i]

The Xyzs are too difficult to Summon, not only because they require 3 Materials but also because of the low number of Genex you practically have to get 2+ copies of the same card to Summon one of the Xyzs. For instance, the only possible materials for the WIND one is Worker, unless you play with Attributes with the aid of Genex Allies.

[i]The thing is, they all have immensely good effects. All of them are game changers, not to mention they have built-in protection effects. Maybe in straight Genex they're not playable, but in certain builds they would be.[/i]

That aside, it would be better if the effects of Battlecore lasted until the opponent's End Phase, so he will be able to protect itself with the anti-destruction effect of fellow Genex Xyzs.
[/quote]

I wasn't trying to break him. Basically made him as a last resort. You have to be careful with Chaos Xyzs because they're so easy to Summon and often remove drawbacks. I think leaving it as-is is good for now.

Archived