How to REALLY stop Exodia...

Me: "Do you play an Exodia deck?"

Potential Opponent: "Yes."

Me: "Thanks for telling me that. Now that I know, I'm not going to play you, because sitting and watching you draw card after card is not my idea of fun and I have better things to do with my time. Goodbye, you pointless parasite."

*walks off and duel somebody you can actually have fun against*

I'm (not) sorry but this trend of anti-Exodia this and anti-Exodia that is getting really stupid now.

Anyway, to stop this thread being locked for not actually having a card, here are two actual cards. Of slight relevance that came up with in 10 seconds. For artwork and anti-meta ness anyway.

MAJS-35 [b]Hurtlocker[/b][color=#a9a9a9] S.Rare[/color]
[color=#4b0082][b]DARK[/b][/color]
Fairy/Tuner
Image: Think Effect Veiler, but dark.
Effect: During your opponents Main Phase; discard this card. For the rest of the turn, your opponent cannot draw cards outside of their draw phase.
ATK 0 / DEF 0

Wow when was the last time I did a tuner? Anyway, remember when Prtotector of the Sanctuary was limited? This is essentially a better version, that I believe but am not certain can be chained to draw cards for hilarity in the same way Maxx C can (chain to Jar of Avarice for most shenanigans).

MAJS-079 [b]The Seals That Bind[/b] N.Rare
[color=#800080][b]TRAP[/b][/color]
Normal Trap
Image: The left arm of Exodia being rebound to the seal by a crimson aura coated shackle.
Effect: When a card(s) is added from your opponent's Graveyard or Deck to their hand by a card effect; Banish that card(s). If the added card is revealed to you as a monster; you can activate this card from your hand.

Screws up Sangan more than anything else, along with a whole host of other cards like Flamvell Poun, Sacred Sheratan, Gadgets, a potentially endless list.

There is already a card like Hurtlocker: [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Droll_%26_Lock_Bird"]Droll & Lock Bird[/url] (I never knew card like this existed either, until this guy announced he wanted to face and Exodia Deck, so I got one and he used this card) though it isn't as good as your card, it is similar to the point where there's no need for Hurtlocker.
The Seals that Binds would be used even outside of facing Exodia Decks due to the fact that [i]so man[/i] Decks searched. It seems a bit powerful though, you're probably locking away/banishing their key card.

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1352861602' post='6068923']
There is already a card like Hurtlocker: [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Droll_%26_Lock_Bird"]Droll & Lock Bird[/url] (I never knew card like this existed either, until this guy announced he wanted to face and Exodia Deck, so I got one and he used this card) though it isn't as good as your card, it is similar to the point where there's no need for Hurtlocker.
The Seals that Binds would be used even outside of facing Exodia Decks due to the fact that [i]so man[/i] Decks searched. It seems a bit powerful though, you're probably locking away/banishing their key card.
[/quote]

Forgot about D&L Bird. Thing is with that though is although it stops any cards being drawn or added to hand, rather than just drawn, its only reactive to the first card and it doesn't stop that draw/addition. You have to let them have one then pre-empt them doing any more. Hurtlocker can at least be a -1 for both and lock down your chasing opponent when you have the advantages.

Seals screws Sangan over. Because it deserves it anyway. A good deck should have more than one key card (hence banishing an Exodia piece equals win)

Archived