Legend Of Legaia Cards (SUPER Rough Draft)

VictorSempra

As the titles states, this is an EXTREMELY rough draft of my newest cards, based on another of my old favorite video games. I don't even have proper effects for these yet.

Un-named Trap Card
Normal Trap Card
Activate only when a "Legaia" or "Ra-Seru" monster is declared as the target of an attack. Negate the attack, then draw 1 card. If it is a "Legaia" monster, Special Summon that card. Otherwise, put it at the bottom of your deck.

So yeah....that's all I got right now. xD

SUPER EDIT: Monster temporarily removed. QUESTION! Would it be better to do it as:

A. Main monster as Normal, support as Equip/Union
B. Same as A, though as Effect Monster monster instead of normal
C. Have them work in pairs as regular Effect Monsters.

Since the basic concept is that you have a person (Vahn, in this case) and a card he pretty much can't operate without (Meta) who is in the game permanently attached to his arm.

[quote name='Bringerofcake' timestamp='1352882727' post='6069134']
So you've got a Level 4 (that hasn't got stats btw)and a Level 1 and neither can survive without the other and...that's it. I don't see what you can do with this.
[/quote]Yes, I noticed he doesn't have any stats, since y'know, I wrote the card. Also, it's called a "super rough rough draft" for a reason because I'm having problem coming up with an effect that would keep true to the game and still work with Yugioh.

As they stand, I'm not sure Vahn would survive being Summoned.

The first thing I can think of is changing Meta's effect to include any "Legaia" monster, and have them rely on Tributing and bouncing him to activate broken effects, with the drawback that having no Meta on the field kills all of them.

Yes, and that is something I have in mind. It's all about the combos of these two being together, but I feel they need some kind of effect more standalone on their own so it's not jsut summoning two monsters.

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1352914596' post='6069445']
As they stand, I'm not sure Vahn would survive being Summoned.

The first thing I can think of is changing Meta's effect to include any "Legaia" monster, and have them rely on Tributing and bouncing him to activate broken effects, with the drawback that having no Meta on the field kills all of them.
[/quote]That would defeat the purpose of the set then. Vahn and Meta are linked pretty much permanently, just like Noa and Terra, and Gala and Ozma

Would it help more if I drafted up some support cards that I have in mind as well?

[quote name='Maxxion' timestamp='1352915762' post='6069482']
Would it help more if I drafted up some support cards that I have in mind as well?
[/quote]

Maybe it would be better, if you did add some more support cards in here. As of right now, it would be nice to see what these guys could do if the support cards would go along the lines of:
- What card would help them stay on the field
- What cards can be used while both of them are up that can hurt your opponent

Idk whether or not the monster, that is based off of the game you made the cards from, uses the other card as a "familiar" or he can have more than 1 monster with him (If you see what i'm getting at).

So yeah, whenever you can, add some Monsters or Spell/Trap cards so maybe you can give a better sense on what they can do besides summon each other

[quote name='MachinaGayhem' timestamp='1352939388' post='6069746']
Maybe it would be better, if you did add some more support cards in here. As of right now, it would be nice to see what these guys could do if the support cards would go along the lines of:
- What card would help them stay on the field
- What cards can be used while both of them are up that can hurt your opponent

Idk whether or not the monster, that is based off of the game you made the cards from, uses the other card as a "familiar" or he can have more than 1 monster with him (If you see what i'm getting at).

So yeah, whenever you can, add some Monsters or Spell/Trap cards so maybe you can give a better sense on what they can do besides summon each other
[/quote]Can do chief. And Meta (Which I assume is the familiar your referring to) is actually attached to his arm in the game, essentially a part of him. That's why I kinda wrote them as an inseparable duo, but I don't know if running the deck in pairs would be a good idea.

[quote name='Maxxion' timestamp='1352940340' post='6069756']
Can do chief. And Meta (Which I assume is the familiar your referring to) is actually attached to his arm in the game, essentially a part of him. That's why I kinda wrote them as an inseparable duo, but I don't know if running the deck in pairs would be a good idea.
[/quote]

Also, idk if they are referred by any other name in the game, but maybe making them sub-archetype within themselves (idk if that's the right name, but an example of what i mean is...)
(Ex. Gusto and Daigusto) or if that doesn't work, make them something completely different (Ex. you can make the main guys "Legaia - (insert name)" and the monsters summoned by them "different archetype from previous" - (insert name)").

Mainly because it helps in organizing which ones are the main dudes and which ones are the familiars

[quote name='MachinaGayhem' timestamp='1352941106' post='6069773']
Also, idk if they are referred by any other name in the game, but maybe making them sub-archetype within themselves (idk if that's the right name, but an example of what i mean is...)
(Ex. Gusto and Daigusto) or if that doesn't work, make them something completely different (Ex. you can make the main guys "Legaia - (insert name)" and the monsters summoned by them "different archetype from previous" - (insert name)").

Mainly because it helps in organizing which ones are the main dudes and which ones are the familiars
[/quote]SO would....hrm, that's really tough, I'll have to think on it.

Archived